Topic: Jeff Healey

some new songs from the vault, due out in March......should be really good, look forward to hearing it in the whole. RIP Jeff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1Brwxs6hKM

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

Re: Jeff Healey

Very cool, I'm a big fan of Jeff Healey. I remember when I discovered him and saw how he played, I was absolutely blown away. I had the good fortune to see him perform live just after the release of See the Light. I look forward to this new release, thanks for the heads up!

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Wow, great news....I have all of his stuff.

I miss him a lot.

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

First time I saw Jeff was in a small bar in Toronto, must have been 20 of us there.

Amazing talent never dies

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

I'd love to hear some more from Jeff Healey. Saw him one time as SRV's opening act, one bluesrockin' evening!

RIP to both!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

those are always the best venues right, when next to nobody knows who they are and it's small and intimate. I'm sure that he blew the roof off that place, probably had to turn it down a bit although that doesn't sound like Jeff's doings. I saw him open for Little Feat sans Lowell, outdoor ampitheater and fairly large turnout...... he killed it and I've been a huge fan ever since.

DougH wrote:

First time I saw Jeff was in a small bar in Toronto, must have been 20 of us there.

Amazing talent never dies

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

March 25, 1966 – March 2, 2008

Jeff Healey - 'See The Light' - Night Music 1988 (Jeff Healey)
https://youtu.be/gwgOUzodS6E

One of our *all-time* favourite clips of the early days, Jeff Healey in 1988 on the Jools Holland/David Sanborn hosted, 'Night Music'. Dr. John on piano, Marcus Miller on bass, Omar Hakim on drums... quite possibly one of the hottest bands ever assembled! This clip screams pure joy. It's a blast watching Marcus lose it as Jeff takes it to another level. Dig! ~Rog

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Thanks for that video!  The very definition of "Get Down"....

Just reminds me how much I miss him in this world.  RIP Jeff and Dr. John.

9 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2020-03-02 20:36:08)

Curby wrote:

Thanks for that video!  The very definition of "Get Down"....

Just reminds me how much I miss him in this world.  RIP Jeff and Dr. John.

Thank you for the acknowledgement Curby ...
... saw Road House was on as I laid my head down just last night ... had to leave it on for the xx time as I drifted off ... funny thing ... same channel replayed it again right after ... so saw most of once again ... picking it back up during my 2 am insomniac session.

Roadhouse was my introduction to Jeff ...

"The name is Dalton" - Road House clip (1989)
https://youtu.be/cFwWGrzuTfM (Patrick and Don Swayze)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.