1 (edited by RickB 2015-11-21 15:15:28)

Topic: i'm heartbroken.

It is with great sadness I pass on that one of Joe's most ardent fans lost his battle with pancreatic cancer this morning.

Lary Turgeon, founder of the Facebook fangroup BonaNation was a fan's fan, sharing his love of Joe and promoting him at every opportunity. He traveled to many shows and organized the big gathering of our family of fans at the first Red Rocks show. He was a good man and a good friend.
May he rest in peace, his struggle is done.
Rick
edit
Joe, if you read this, many of your fans would love a mention by you in passing if you deem it proper.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Re: i'm heartbroken.

I heard the news and it is indeed sad.  So glad he was along for the ride while he was able.

Rest In Peace, Lary.

Rock ON, Keep Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

RickB wrote:

May he rest in peace.
Rick

Prayers for his family today.  Thank you Rick.

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Cancer sucks! I lost 2 very close friends in the past 7-8 weeks to colon cancer and leukemia. Both younger than myself. I'm in my 8th year of recovery from my bout in '07 and am grateful every day to be in the "bonus round". God bless and look over your friend Rick.

RIP Lary,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Very sad news.  sad  And yes, cancer sucks!!

RIP Lary

Wonderful man and friend. He was a champion of Joe and brought many fans together. Thanks for your post Rick.

Bonabuddy

So very sad to hear of a fellow Bona fan passing.Same cancer got my sister in law several years ago.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

I didn't know of him, probably only because I don't do facebook. Yet it is painful to lose a true Bonabud, especially one as active as he. All we can do is to lift up those left behind, prayers go out to his family and friends in this time, may God bless.

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

It is very sad for us in the Bonanation family. It has amazed me how Joe's fans seem to bond together like family, all due to our love for Joe and his music. I will forever be grateful to Lary and Dave C. For bringing me into this wonderful family of fans.
RIP my friend and fellow Joe fan, Bonabud, Bonaholic, Bonabro, Bonamaniac! You will be so missed!

Joe..... If possible please pay some kind of homage to this man who created a literal family in your name. Just something like "RIP to my friend in Colorado".

Thank you Joe.

I met Lary briefly at the Red Rocks gathering before the show. Good guy, great fan, he'll be missed but remembered by many here.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

11 (edited by Parasite68 2015-12-04 15:03:09)

I just lost my mother to pancreatic cancer in June 2014. My life has never been the same. I never had the chance to meet Lary, but he sounds like he was and will always be an amazing person and kindred spirit. I have seen first hand what that horrible cancer does.  My mother was diagnosed in February and she passed that June.  The only comfort I can offer is that pancreatic cancer is so aggressive, you don't have much time t suffer.  He is in my prayers along with his family and friends. Hopefully he already met my mother in heaven and has converted her into the Bonanation.
My deepest sympathy goes out to his family and friends.

Brian

"There's a hard life for every silver spoon, there's a touch of grey for every shade of blue.  That's the way that I see life.  If there was nothing wrong, then there'd be nothing right." - Brent Smith
"The blues aint nothing but a good man feeling bad". Leon Redbone

many original JBXP members came to Lary's FB page, Bonanation. It consists of some Joe's biggest fans and street Teamer's. It will live on though, as administration of the page has been transferred.
Long live Bonanation!