Re: Bona-Trivia

mikewing wrote:

In the included material (liner notes, booklet, digi-book) on one of Joe's recorded live performances (album and/or DVD/Blu-Ray) the venue is stated to be in a city that doesn't actually exist.
1)  Which album and/or DVD/Blu-Ray?
2)  What is the stated name of the city?
3)  What is the correct name of the city?

mikewing wrote:

This first hint will narrow the field a bit.  The song list includes at least one song that starts with the letters Slo__  _____.
I'll post the 4th letter in a while which will narrow things down further, and will keep giving hints as needed.  Sorry to bog this down.

I'm going to speed this up.  I'm feeling a little guilty for clogging the game up.  Clue 2 is:  E (aka Sloe Gin is on the song list).  3rd clue which will send you to the right place quickly for the answer (hopefully) is:  All 3 answers start with the same letter.

mikewing wrote:
Lee wrote:

Good question. I definitely do not have OCD, but I remember this from somewhere. I had to look up the name of the fictional city, though to confirm what I remembered.

Does that mean you have a guess forthcoming?

I honestly thought someone would get this very quickly.  I'll drop a hint later today if no one has it.

I didn't really want to ask the next question, but since nobody else has guessed...

1) JB Muddy Wolf at Red Rocks - it appears in both the Blu-ray and CD liner notes in Joe's introductory statement.
2) Middleton, CO
3) Morrison, CO

Lee wrote:

I didn't really want to ask the next question, but since nobody else has guessed...
1) JB Muddy Wolf at Red Rocks - it appears in both the Blu-ray and CD liner notes in Joe's introductory statement.
2) Middleton, CO
3) Morrison, CO

You got it Lee.  The next one is all yours.

Jane H. wrote:

i doubt its on the forum but a web search ought to lead you to the answer right quickly.

I would be interested to know why Kevin calls himself "Caveman".
Does anyone have an answer?
I don't know the answer to Jane's question (without using the web) but as she says it must be out there somewhere!

Lester..

Jane H. wrote:

OK I hope no one minds me throwing another question out there. if Lee and/or mikewing want to jump back in we'll detour from this tangent.

Kevin Shirley is more than a producer and I often wonder how much of Joe's songs come from his composing etc.
What was the name of the band he had back in South Africa which had Brian Davidson as the singer?

Can anyone jump in on this? if so i beleive the anser is the council, but im not im not 100% sure. probably wrong haha

Lester wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

i doubt its on the forum but a web search ought to lead you to the answer right quickly.

I don't know the answer to Jane's question (without using the web) but as she says it must be out there somewhere!

Lester..

I assumed because he spent so much time in the cave (sitting at the mixing console in the studio), but I have no idea if that's actually the reason.  No clue about Jane's question, but her avatar is awesome.

Lester wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

Lester..

Kevin is called Caveman because of his looks. 

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

ZombieBlues wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

OK I hope no one minds me throwing another question out there. if Lee and/or mikewing want to jump back in we'll detour from this tangent.

Kevin Shirley is more than a producer and I often wonder how much of Joe's songs come from his composing etc.
What was the name of the band he had back in South Africa which had Brian Davidson as the singer?

Can anyone jump in on this? if so i beleive the anser is the council, but im not im not 100% sure. probably wrong haha

I would say you are correct.  See http://www.last.fm/music/Kevin+Shirley:

Born on June 29, 1960 in Johannesburg, South Africa. Shirley spent his early years producing and engineering records for South African artists including Robin Auld, Juluka, Jonathan Butler, Lesley Rae Dowling, Steve Louw and Sweatband as well as performing and recording with his own band the Council, whose singer was Brian Davidson.

Jane H. wrote:

yep ZombieBlues got it. ask the next question if you will please. smile

Hmmm which singer joined Joe onstage at the beacon theatre show in 2012?

Sorry if thats an easy one.....

ZombieBlues wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

yep ZombieBlues got it. ask the next question if you will please. smile

Hmmm which singer joined Joe onstage at the beacon theatre show in 2012?

Sorry if thats an easy one.....

Beth Hart for one...

Easy ones are the only ones I can get!

Plus John Hiatt and Paul Rodgers.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Oops, been busy and hadn't seen the thread bump, didn't know I was up.

Here's another easy one: Name the two songs where Joe sings lead vocals on the Black Country Communion debut album.

"The Battle For Hadrian's Wall" and "Ordinary Son" cool

Rock ON & Keep The Faith, 2, Less One, wink
Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:

Rocket

Close!  Those are on BCC2, although Joe did sing lead on both of them...

159 (edited by Rocket 2015-09-27 15:17:17)

ZeyerGTR wrote:
Rocket wrote:

Rocket

Close!  Those are on BCC2, although Joe did sing lead on both of them...

I know the correct answers, I was just advertising those 2 Joe Bonamassa songs from Black Country Communion 2, wink

WHAT was the question again?! tongue  Oh, yeah, now I remember...
"Here's another easy one: Name the two songs where Joe sings lead vocals on the Black Country Communion debut album":

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

Realizing of course that many of these questions remain unanswered because folks don't want to have to come up with a new question, especially if we're not insiders with super trivia that can't be found with a casual Google/Bing search, I'm going to answer this easy one anyway smile, just because BCC was so friggin' awesome.

1) Song of Yesterday
2) The Revolution In Me

Champster wrote:

Realizing of course that many of these questions remain unanswered because folks don't want to have to come up with a new question, especially if we're not insiders with super trivia that can't be found with a casual Google/Bing search, I'm going to answer this easy one anyway smile, just because BCC was so friggin' awesome.

1) Song of Yesterday
2) The Revolution In Me

Ding ding, you're up next Champster.

OK, next question...

What song co-written by Joe was track #10 on one of his albums and track #1 on a subsequent live DVD?

As an aside, it's a kick-@ss song that I really wish Joe would record again someday, or at least reinstitute in his live play list at some point.  So many awesome JB songs, so little time...