Topic: Hey people

Just joined so i thought i'd pop in and say hi.

Re: Hey people

Hi Zombie. Welcome to a great forum. Why don't you tell us about yourself and your introduction to Joe's work. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Welcome!

Hi Zombie

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

PSmith1946 wrote:

Hi Zombie. Welcome to a great forum. Why don't you tell us about yourself and your introduction to Joe's work. big_smile

Oh ok, well im 28 fomr london, i play guitar (obviously) and im mainly a blues player but i can switch at anytime so i could be playing blues kick on a distortion and bust out some metallica or RATT.
anyway ive always been a fan of blues so i started out with mainly hendrix, bb king, those guys then i got heavily into SRV but about 4 years ago someone told me i sould check out joe's stuff, so i did. and loved it.
been a fan ever since.

ZombieBlues wrote:

Oh ok, well im 28 fomr london, i play guitar (obviously) and im mainly a blues player

That's an interesting point, and possibly has already been discussed. It seems reasonable that virtuoso musicians of all genres and instruments will appeal especially to those that either are particularly drawn to the instrument, and in particular that play it themselves. For example, I'm guessing Itzhak Perlman has lots of violists as fans.

I wonder if Joe's fan base is more or less biased toward guitar nerds than other contemporary blues musicians. And btw, I'm definitely in the guitar nerd camp, so I don't mean it as an insult. I'm aspiring to guitar player, but for now I'll just claim nerd. :-)

How long have you been playing?

timb wrote:
ZombieBlues wrote:

Oh ok, well im 28 fomr london, i play guitar (obviously) and im mainly a blues player

That's an interesting point, and possibly has already been discussed. It seems reasonable that virtuoso musicians of all genres and instruments will appeal especially to those that either are particularly drawn to the instrument, and in particular that play it themselves. For example, I'm guessing Itzhak Perlman has lots of violists as fans.

I wonder if Joe's fan base is more or less biased toward guitar nerds than other contemporary blues musicians. And btw, I'm definitely in the guitar nerd camp, so I don't mean it as an insult. I'm aspiring to guitar player, but for now I'll just claim nerd. :-)

How long have you been playing?

Hi i've been playing for around 15 years.

Welcome from Heidelberg!
Have fun here, ZombieBlues!
P.S. By the way: Don't like Zombies, but l o v e the Blues & Rock!

Nice to have you here, Zombie

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Welcome to the forum zombie!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"