Re: See what was at #1 on the day you were born

Hogsniper:-

To Sir With Love - Lulu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOVQ4vAmM7Y
(Bit of a movie classic from the 1960s - Sidney Poitier)

KatClark:-

Tiger Feet - Mud
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQfidTOTsLo
(A lot of the British, mid-70s "Glam" didn't translate over the pond - not hard to see why.....)

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

I did some poking around looking at the top singles for my wife 1981 and 4 kids 1995 1998 2008 2013 birthday years.  Then wandered through the years just lookn.  (wikipedia can be pretty cool. Lot of people have put time in.) No wonder I rarely listen to the radio and never top 40 stations.  Certainly not my bag of chips and it doesn't appear much has changed for a very long time.  I found it interesting that while I like music from all generations it was never what was 'popular'.

21 (edited by Jossy 2014-07-16 12:50:49)

Aquarius / Let The Sunshine In - 5th Dimension

I don't like that song! sad

sally12333 wrote:

Good grief you young'uns! 

BigD, right along with your folks, when I was reeeeeally small (haha).........my dad and I watched the Perry Como show every single Saturday night.  Effortless songster, awfully good for a former barber.  There's a statue of him not far away from me in Canonsburg, PA where Perry lived. 

Right after that came Gunsmoke!  Ah, the good old days.

Yea...I was just born in 54, Perry's Christmas albums are a staple during the holidays.

"Never be impatient with the ones who love you, it might be yourself that you're burning"

Now that I've taken a look at mine I'm not surprised many don't know the song or the artist that was no. 1 on their birthdate. I'm the same.

UK - Hold My Hand by Don Cornell - who he?

US - Hey There by Rosemary Clooney - at least I've heard of her so that's something I suppose.

I think I'll choose Born In The 50s by The Police as my song instead. smile

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

β€œThe guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Sometimes you get a cool song and other times its really bad!