Topic: Hello from France

Hello , I'm Laurent from Nantes , a town in the Ouest of France under Britany and not far from the atlantic ocean .
I'm 46 yo , maried with two young kids .I play guitar since I'm 14 yo and blues of course .We have a group with friends and we played in "cafés" and for me it's the best way to forget the pressure of my job ! lol!
as a blues rock fan , I love the music of Joe even if it's quite difficult to find his LP here and of course also very difficult to see him in concert .He 's not often in France . So if you see Joe , you can tell him that we are waiting for him here in the west of France !.
I came here on the forum for the first time because  i was searching for a guitar tab of 'I don't live anywhere"  .And as nobody answer me , I work alone on it and find the chords and the way Joe is playing this very good tune . i put my guitar tab on the forum ( hope that it is not too far from the real one ) and I hope , it helps some of you and maybe we can share more guitar part from Joe here .
have a good time , and excuse me if my English is not perfect !
Laurent

Re: Hello from France

Hey Laurent, welcome to the forum.  Someone should be able to help you with that tab you are looking for.  Joe is going to be in the UK next Feb. maybe you could catch a couple of live shows up there.  Your english is very good.

Music is good for the Soul...

Bon Jour mon ami.....That's about it for my French..Hang in there..Joe's bound to do more shows in Europe. Thanks for the intro..Cathy

Bienvenue Laurent, je crois que Joe etait en France cet ete.  Est-ce que vous etes alles?

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

Waouh !
thank you for your messages and a special thanks to those who did it in french ! great !
Infortunately I didn't see Joe in France this sumer , infact I never saw him in concert , but "never say never " .....

laurent

Laurent B wrote:

Waouh !
thank you for your messages and a special thanks to those who did it in french ! great !
Infortunately I didn't see Joe in France this sumer , infact I never saw him in concert , but "never say never " .....

laurent

Then you sure got something to look forward to man I can still remember the first time i saw him live all I can remember was I just kept saying this over and over again W0W W0W W0W so I cant wait to read your post the day you see him live for the first time and welcome to the forum;)

I got blisters on my bloody fingers (JL)

Bonjour, Laurent.  Ma soeur a etudie a L'Universite Catholique de l'Ouest a Angers il y a beacoups d'annees.  Je crois que c'est pres de Nantes, non? 

Sorry for my French as I've forgotten an awful lot since high school, but welcome to the home for quality music and people on the internet.

Hello The Dude ,

Yes Angers is very near Nantes , in fact it is the town where I pass all my studies and a lot of my family still live in Angers ( my parents , my sister ..). It 's quite strange isn't it ? I post a message in a forum about Joe Bonamassa  ( it's the first time that i do this really! ) and now I'm speaking with you about Angers ! it 's really funny , I know this catholic school of course , it's one of the most popular School in the area . And your french is still quite good !
Where are you from ? somewhere in America ? I work for a american company in France called 3M .

Laurent

Bonjour Laurent,
Being 50 years old, my high school french is but a distant memory...almost 35 years ago. It is somewhat funny because I used the phrase "joie de vivre" on this forum only a day or two ago. The Dude noted that it should be "Joe de vivre", which made me laugh.
Anyway, welcome to the forum and we look forward to future posts from you.
Au Revoir!
Bill S

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

As we say in french : " excellent ! " 
thank you for your welcome Bill and for your " joe de vivre ! "
laurent

11 (edited by Rocket 2007-10-09 02:47:15)

Vive la France! Vive le Larry Dude! Laurent, my French is not good, but hello my friend. You have done 2 good things. One, a tab for a a Joe Bonamassa song. 2 Telling fans here about it and joining them!
Rock On & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Laurent B wrote:

Hello The Dude ,

Yes Angers is very near Nantes , in fact it is the town where I pass all my studies and a lot of my family still live in Angers ( my parents , my sister ..). It 's quite strange isn't it ? I post a message in a forum about Joe Bonamassa  ( it's the first time that i do this really! ) and now I'm speaking with you about Angers ! it 's really funny , I know this catholic school of course , it's one of the most popular School in the area . And your french is still quite good !
Where are you from ? somewhere in America ? I work for a american company in France called 3M .

Laurent

Je m'appelle Jean et j'habite a Clear Lake, Iowa, USA.  It truly is a small world. Glad to have you in the Joe B. family.

Bill S wrote:

Bonjour Laurent,
Being 50 years old, my high school french is but a distant memory...almost 35 years ago. It is somewhat funny because I used the phrase "joie de vivre" on this forum only a day or two ago. The Dude noted that it should be "Joe de vivre", which made me laugh.
Au Revoir!
Bill S

That was my feeble attempt at Franglais humor, Bill.  Of course, you were correct, but I think Patty needs her own designation, don't you think?

the dude wrote:
Bill S wrote:

Bonjour Laurent,
Au Revoir!
Bill S

That was my feeble attempt at Franglais humor, Bill.  Of course, you were correct, but I think Patty needs her own designation, don't you think?

Far from feeble, my friend...far from feeble!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

salut laurent, moi c'est antoine je suis de cherbourg et ça fait plaisir de voir qu'il y a de plus en plus de francais qui ecoute joe. j'espere qu'il reviendra bientot en france car en concert c'est ENORME . je l'ai deja vu a rennes et a paris et le deplacement vaut largement le coup.
a+

OK Salut Antoine ,
merci pour le petit mot et bienvenu sur le forum de Joe , je trouve ça sympa de pouvoir discuter avec des fans du monde entier sur sa musique .J'espere le voir bientot sur scene quand il sera en France .
A+
Laurent