Topic: Anthony Gomes new CD

Well I'm a HUGE AG fan and this CD may make you one too. It made it's Billboard debut at #3(Joe STILL #2 with DSOB# Amazing!!) I love the attitude of the CD mixing high energy rock with down and dirty blues!! Check it out if you can!!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P … gfSwlkg6uE

Dont need a helmet to get me through life-walk across the water blame it on foolish pride.

PORTLAND2012/SPRINGFIELD2012/BOSTON2013/HAMPTON BEACH2014/BANGOR2015/PORTLAND2016/PORTLAND2017

Re: Anthony Gomes new CD

Indeed very good album

+1
Yes It's a great Cd ......You never get bored at a concert....he is a true high energy act....A+++++

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

is it a good album  ?  maybe but i'm not sure

is it a good Anthony Gomes  album  ?  no !!

since  his masterpiece  "blues in technicolor"   he never reaches   this level of  quality and the the problem with Anthony is that "music is the medicine" is the last good album from him   (2006)

(sorry for my very bad english )

Jean-Charles wrote:

is it a good album  ?  maybe but i'm not sure

is it a good Anthony Gomes  album  ?  no !!

since  his masterpiece  "blues in technicolor"   he never reaches   this level of  quality and the the problem with Anthony is that "music is the medicine" is the last good album from him   (2006)

(sorry for my very bad english )

No worries  on your English. Yes Blues In Technicolor to this day is his best. But much like Joe I am enjoying the progression  of his music. My favorite  Joe music is from the early days but Driving Towards The Daylight is also one of my favorites. I think for a lot of musicians its hard to capture or create that initial. Sound.

Dont need a helmet to get me through life-walk across the water blame it on foolish pride.

PORTLAND2012/SPRINGFIELD2012/BOSTON2013/HAMPTON BEACH2014/BANGOR2015/PORTLAND2016/PORTLAND2017

Saw Anthony live for the first time tonight at Broken  Oar Which is a bar out far northwest  of Chicago  outside on the Fox River which has  a lot of live  music. He absolutely killed it.
Set was heavy from his excellent Peace Love and Loud Guitars album. I have been into his music  for several years and great to finally get to see him. Just confirmed what a great blues rock talent he is both from  a vocal and guitar point of view.
   His last album was named album of the year and beat out Redemption last year on Blues Rock Review so that’s no small task.
  There’s a ton of talent in the bluesrock world these days and I think Anthony deserves to be in the elite group.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Saw him as headline act at the Colne Rhythm and Blues festival last week. Awesome performance and such skill and energy. He never seems to have to work to play it's so natural. I would advise anyone who has not seen him to make the effort. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)