1 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-03-26 15:30:16)

Topic: Bonamassa Guitars Store Sign on Ebay

Saw this on ebay today ... Bonamassa Guitars Store Sign up on ebay.

Seller says purchased direct from Joe's father (glossy plastic 70" x 41" in the shape of Gibson headstock.)  $975 (or make offer) shipping included from VT.  (Looks like real stings wound on it!)

That would really make someone's music room!! smile  (It's right near u Ron!!)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bonamassa-Guita … 27fc21fb50

(Not affiliated!)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Re: Bonamassa Guitars Store Sign on Ebay

Surprised Joe doesn't want this!

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

Saw this on ebay today ... Bonamassa Guitars Store Sign up on ebay.

Seller says purchased direct from Joe's father (glossy plastic 70" x 41" in the shape of Gibson headstock.)  $975 (or make offer) shipping included from VT.  (Looks like real stings wound on it!)

That would really make someone's music room!! smile  (It's right near u Ron!!)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bonamassa-Guita … 27fc21fb50

(Not affiliated!)

Yes this is way cool. But you know this is something that really belongs with Joe or his family. This is a personal item not like selling a guitar of his but this has such a more personal history to Joe and the tie to his dad. It really needs to be Joes. If I were to bid on it and I got it I would give it back to Joe. Call me crazy but this kinda rubs me the wrong way. I am not saying it is bad its not after all it is a collectable and I can see why the guy bought it. Hell I would have bought it but put it on ebay so soon after his dad store closed not for me. I am such a nerd sorry
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

4 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2015-03-26 17:32:04)

Good points Erin and Ron.  (I'm guessing Joe's Family signed off on letting the sign go?)  Seller has it as a Buy It Now / Make Offer.  I agree 100% if flipping is the case here ... just wrong.

Real reason I'm posting again ... I remembered this short clip of the Bonamassa Guitar store that was on YTube.  Just checked it out (again.)

... this sign is comes up on the second slide show frame. (I like the window blinds ... the first slide frame ... looks like they were screen printed with a large image of a JBGTLP ... to be seen from outside when closed. Cool!!)

https://youtu.be/9ftitqIQRaQ

(I was sad to hear when they decided to close the store. It was on my bucket list to visit someday soon after it opened.  I can imagine how tough a business it is ... even with a recognized and honored name as the principle.)

(I have always said ... if our family business ever ends ... I'm taking our sign ... it's neon (a mess to have now a days) ..  but I'm bolting it to my wall some how / some way ... and lighting it up. big_smile)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

I'm guessing Joe's Family signed off on letting the sign go
I agree 100% if flipping is the case here ... just wrong.

Totally agree .. if flipping is the case here ... just wrong

Len's choice to part with the item

Thanks for the add RCB .. never saw the shop before .. a happenin spot

Cheers!  cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!