Topic: Raleigh - Oct. 17th

Well,  got our tickets for the Lincoln Theatre show in Raleigh!  They have reserve seats and general admission.  I asked the theatre about the reserve seats because most of their shows are GA.  They are going to set up some seats in front of the stage and the GA will behind those seats and the balcony. So if you want to see Joe upclose better get your reserved seats now!

Music is good for the Soul...

Re: Raleigh - Oct. 17th

Anybody else from the forum going to the Raleigh show???

We can't make it to this one but we'll see you in Richmond. Have a great time!

The show, excuse ME, CONCERT last night was absolutely incredible.  Having seen Joe a number of times over the years, this was probably the best performance to date.  I say concert because it was so well orchestrated.  Great effects on the vocals, intense quitar playing, backing vocals, great bass lines, awesome drums and velty keyboards all added to a great concert. 

The 500+ in attendance were in for a real treat when Joe took the stage after a really nice set by Crosby.  Many first timers were there and many jaws on the floor.  The setlist is as follows:

Bridge
Walk
Roads
Mountain
Another Kind of Love
Sloe Gin
High Water
Heartaches
Woke Up
Django
Just Got Paid etc...

Encore 1
Ball Peen
Tap an Angel

Encore 2
Miss You

Joe and the band had a great time on stage even though they were suffering from major Jet Lag.  Joe said it was like 7:00 a.m. to him.  But they pull all the stops out, they did not hold back and no prisoners were taken.

When Joe came out by himself for the second encore, he said you are making me work tonight! And proceded to sing Miss You like never before.   

We spent some time with Joe after the show and finally got home about 2 this morning.  Will be heading off to Richmond early this afternoon for part 2!!!

Super review David! I like the "no prisoners were taken" line. I agree that the shows may be better described as concerts. Whatever term you use, they definitely seem to get better and better! Can't wait to hear all about Richmond. Man, I wish I could be there tonight!

David:

What'll you be wearing tonight in Richmond???  I look forward to meeting you.  I'm in jeans and a plain white tee, although I'll buy another Joe shirt.  Come introduce yourself if you see me.

-Rob

Bonamania is a disease with no cure.  Give it to all your friends.

Hey Rob,  Jane called and she's hooking up with David, so just look for her..Be careful but get your butt moving!      Cathy

Fantastic.  I'll look for Jane!  I've been told taking 301 instead of 95 is the secret. I hope I don't miss a note, but I think I'll make it before Crosby and certainly before Joe.  Crosby opened for Joe @ Birchmere and he was great.

Bonamania is a disease with no cure.  Give it to all your friends.

Great review David!
You know I wish I was in Richmond...

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

Hey David A,
       I am so glad you had an awesome time.  It just doesn't get any better than Joe & Co.  How lucky we all are.   Seeing that Joe did Miss You, Hate You for the 2nd Encore brought tears to my eyes......I love that song and miss hearing it in the regular setlist.  Special to me.  Well, another show tomorrow for you.... L.U.C.K.Y.  Have fun!      pattyluvsjoe smile

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

BluesMan wrote:

David,

Great review of a great "concert"! Each excellent review that I read like David's, makes me a little more antsy for HOB/Chicago to get here. What do you think Lee, Bill, #1JBFan, Nancy, and Steve?

Roy

Roy, I usually read the reviews to get primed for an upcoming show, not that I need too much help. I'm almost down to counting days til Chicago.
Thanks David, great setlist. Very similar to the last show I saw, except you got "Heartaches", and based on where it's listed it was the acoustic version. Very cool indeed and gives me hope for Chicago HOB's. I've heard it on tape, but would love to see that performed live.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

BluesMan wrote:

David,

Great review of a great "concert"! Each excellent review that I read like David's, makes me a little more antsy for HOB/Chicago to get here. What do you think Lee, Bill, #1JBFan, Nancy, and Steve?

Roy

Yeppers. Can't wait. It sounds like Joe and the boys have gotten tighter and more intense. I saw them in May when the tour kicked off and again September. I couldn't believe the difference. I can't wait to hear how much better it sounds in November. Joe keeps taking things to bigger and higher levels. How far can he go??? big_smile

I'm just saying.

David A. wrote:

The show, excuse ME, CONCERT last night was absolutely incredible.  Having seen Joe a number of times over the years, this was probably the best performance to date.  I say concert because it was so well orchestrated.  Great effects on the vocals, intense quitar playing, backing vocals, great bass lines, awesome drums and velty keyboards all added to a great concert. 

The 500+ in attendance were in for a real treat when Joe took the stage after a really nice set by Crosby.  Many first timers were there and many jaws on the floor.  The setlist is as follows:

Bridge
Walk
Roads
Mountain
Another Kind of Love
Sloe Gin
High Water
Heartaches
Woke Up
Django
Just Got Paid etc...

Encore 1
Ball Peen
Tap an Angel

Encore 2
Miss You

Joe and the band had a great time on stage even though they were suffering from major Jet Lag.  Joe said it was like 7:00 a.m. to him.  But they pull all the stops out, they did not hold back and no prisoners were taken.

When Joe came out by himself for the second encore, he said you are making me work tonight! And proceded to sing Miss You like never before.   

We spent some time with Joe after the show and finally got home about 2 this morning.  Will be heading off to Richmond early this afternoon for part 2!!!

Concert or show, it doesn't matter to me. A rose by any other name is still a rose.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"