Topic: FOR SALE: 1987 Marshall 2555 Silver Jubilee. CANADIAN. 100w.

Bonamassa fans, for sale on eBay and Reverb is my 1987 100w Silver Jubilee.

It's in phenomenal condition, and was retubed less than a week ago.

Increasingly interesting for hardcore Bonamassa fans, this is the even more rare Canadian import model with the heavy duty metal power switch, lay down Drake transformer, and beefed up Canadian spec power supply...THE Jubilee that rides shotgun with Joe and has since day one.

Never drilled, modded, toured with, smoked around, or abused.

The only thing that's been done to this amp is a bolt for bolt swap/installation of an OEM NOS American/Brit spec output transformer as the Canadian spec transformer was incapable of running 16 ohm cabinets. User now has the traditional 4-8-16 ohm options via 2 parallel speaker jacks. Additionally, the rear grill is not original to this amp specifically, and I don't own the footswitch.

Real deal. No 50 watt, no small box, no Slash, NO REISSUE.

Contact me via eBay or Reverb with questions/concerns.

If I posted in the wrong place within the forum, I apologize in advance.

Thank you and take care!
-K.

2 (edited by Rocket 2015-02-03 16:48:05)

Re: FOR SALE: 1987 Marshall 2555 Silver Jubilee. CANADIAN. 100w.

Please post in Marketplace next time.  It is specifically where things are to be listed as for sale or looking to buy...thank-you. wink

Rock ON & Keep The Properly Placed Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

KevinSavage wrote:

Bonamassa fans, for sale on eBay and Reverb is my 1987 100w Silver Jubilee.

It's in phenomenal condition, and was retubed less than a week ago.

Increasingly interesting for hardcore Bonamassa fans, this is the even more rare Canadian import model with the heavy duty metal power switch, lay down Drake transformer, and beefed up Canadian spec power supply...THE Jubilee that rides shotgun with Joe and has since day one.

Never drilled, modded, toured with, smoked around, or abused.

The only thing that's been done to this amp is a bolt for bolt swap/installation of an OEM NOS American/Brit spec output transformer as the Canadian spec transformer was incapable of running 16 ohm cabinets. User now has the traditional 4-8-16 ohm options via 2 parallel speaker jacks. Additionally, the rear grill is not original to this amp specifically, and I don't own the footswitch.

Real deal. No 50 watt, no small box, no Slash, NO REISSUE.

Contact me via eBay or Reverb with questions/concerns.

If I posted in the wrong place within the forum, I apologize in advance.

Thank you and take care!
-K.

How much and serial number?

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Get in touch. I will give you all the information and details you need.

Kevinsavage13@gmail.com

5 (edited by David.247 2015-02-03 18:52:05)

KevinSavage wrote:

No 50 watt,
-K.

Thought the high/ low switch changed it from 100w to 50w?

David.247 wrote:
KevinSavage wrote:

No 50 watt,
-K.

That is correct. I just meant to emphasize the head's capability. The 50 watt and/or small box version of these amps are typically a little bit easier to find, and are desirable for people who are looking to spend a little less. Could be that, combined with not being able to snag the 100 watt head...not only is this the 100 watt version, but it's in awesome condition, and the Canadian import model, making this a real rare piece. Same one Joe bought in upstate New York in the 90's.

It's a killer amp, and a good investment.

I haven't posted the amp on any other forums. I'd rather this amp go out to someone who knows the deal when it comes to this piece...Generally speaking a real Bonamassa fan knows the deal, as opposed to the common player.

KevinSavage wrote:
David.247 wrote:
KevinSavage wrote:

No 50 watt,
-K.

That is correct. I just meant to emphasize the head's capability. The 50 watt and/or small box version of these amps are typically a little bit easier to find, and are desirable for people who are looking to spend a little less. Could be that, combined with not being able to snag the 100 watt head...not only is this the 100 watt version, but it's in awesome condition, and the Canadian import model, making this a real rare piece. Same one Joe bought in upstate New York in the 90's.

I haven't posted the amp on any other forums. I'd rather this amp go out to someone who knows the deal when it comes to this piece...Generally speaking a real Bonamassa fan knows the deal, as opposed to the common player.

I need to go to eBay to see price? Come on what is it?

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:
KevinSavage wrote:
David.247 wrote:

Serial # 05498. It's on eBay right now for $3,650.00 w/free shipping.

If you can PayPal me, it's yours for $3,400.00, shipped whereever you want for free.

-K.

9 (edited by cindyron 2015-02-04 08:27:33)

KevinSavage wrote:
cindyron wrote:
KevinSavage wrote:

Serial # 05498. It's on eBay right now for $3,650.00 w/free shipping.

If you can PayPal me, it's yours for $3,400.00, shipped whereever you want for free.

-K.

Holy mollie batman I have four of these man maybe I should sell mine as apposed to buying another. All kidding aside have the caps been changed? Why did you replace the transformer ? Looks in good shape
Thanks so much for sharing and good luck on your sale I am sure the right buyer will turn up.
Cheers Ron

Holy mollie batman I have four of these man maybe I should sell mine as apposed to buying another. All kidding aside have the caps been changed? Why did you replace the transformer ? Looks in good shape
Thanks so much for sharing and good luck on your sale I am sure the right buyer will turn up.
Cheers Ron

Caps are original, and working perfectly. Transformer was swapped because the Canadian spec Jubilee transformers can only run 4 and 8 ohm cabinets...All of my best cabinets are 16 ohm cabinets...Oranges, Hiwatts, etc. I don't run 2x12's...

It was an easy decision to swap for an American/English Drake OT because it gives anybody the ability to run a single 16 ohm cabinet, rather than being forced to run 2, as awesome as it is. Impractical. You also have the option of running any cabinet now, which is obviously ideal.

The head is a monster. If anyone is interested, be in touch.

Be well, and thanks for looking.