Topic: Hello from NC

Hello everyone,

My name is Cody and I'm quickly approaching 30 years in life and just very recently became a father to a wonderful baby boy. Been playing music since 6th grade starting with trumpet and then moving on to drums in high school and college marching bands (bass drum, Snare and Marching toms). I started playing guitar in 2008 and I'm self taught for better or worse. I'm an avid fan of the Carolina Hurricanes, Carolina Panthers and Miami Marlins of all teams. I enjoy all types of music except for modern rap(the gangster rap). My go to bands are Aerosmith and Van Halen but the list of favorites is too long to list. I'm really enjoying Slash feat Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators, just some great rock. I've been aware of Bonamassa after discovering a couple of his Slow Gin tracks on the Gibson Guitar website. Really enjoyed the track Dust Bowl when it was released but my appreciation didn't really take off from there. Over time my tastes have evolved and I have found a new appreciation for his playing. I've got three albums down but still have a lot of catching up to do as I'm a completist if I like an artist.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and hope everyone has a great 2015.

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic
Amplitube 4 with Scarlett 6i6 and 2i4 interfaces through studio monitors.

Re: Hello from NC

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your baby boy!!  Like you, I was a little late to the JB party but I am on board now and enjoying being a part of the JB fanbase, they are a great group of people!!   Enjoy the many topics and the great people on here!!

Thanks a lot, hopefully he will be my little sidekick in music down the line, but we will see.

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic

Hi welcome to the forum enjoy all of the topics found here

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Congrats on the arrival of your son. Welcome to the land of Joe. Many wonderful people here and many a gear geek.
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Big welcome!  You will enjoy it here.

Such a blessing having a new son!  Bet it won't be long before he has an instrument in his hands!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

sally12333 wrote:

Big welcome!  You will enjoy it here.

Such a blessing having a new son!  Bet it won't be long before he has an instrument in his hands!

He already has a les paul hangin on the wall of his nursery for him.

Hi misthunter!  Welcome along.  Great first post.

Should your son also take an interest in music, as I'm sure he will, and should he take up an instrument, how fantastic it will be when you get to jam with him.  Not that there will be no other times of pure joy, but it is something to look forward to.

Have fun here.

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

Welcome and congrats on your new baby boy  smile

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

Hi and welcome also to a great forum.

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Welcome to the forum!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Hello and welcome to the world of Joe. He has a huge catalog so good luck in your journey.  Lots of information and links to youtube here to see what period or songs you like.   

Mary

13 (edited by Buzzy 2015-01-13 19:39:54)

Welcome to the forum Cody!

Congrats on the new addition!

Enjoy ur stay .. lots of wonderful folks around these halls

Cheers!  cool

ps: Carolina Hurricanes!? .. won't hold that 'gainst ya .. lol

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

Buzzy wrote:

Welcome to the forum Cody!

Congrats on the new addition!

Enjoy ur stay .. lots of wonderful folks around these halls

Cheers!  cool

ps: Carolina Hurricanes!? .. won't hold that 'gainst ya .. lol

Ha, thanks, it's not like they are lighting the world up anyway. Perennially 9th in the standings by the end of the season seems to be the way it's going the past few years.