Topic: Hello from Berlin and Denmark...

Hello everybody
I'm a relatively new fan of Bonamassa (although I've known his name for quite a while).
My name is Jesper, I live in Berlin in Germany, but I'm actaully from Denmark, and I work as a translator (however, I have a BA in Russian and a MA in Modern Culture and Cultural Dissemination).
My reason for joining this forum is quite simple: I enjoy Bonamassa's playing very much and I believe he has the ability not only to play great but also to take guitar playing to a new level. His songwriting and musical development over the years has not only been great but sound very promising for the future of blues rock. There will always be a lot of good guitarist around but Bonamassa stands out as one of the most (if not the most) progressive of them all. That is why I would like to stay in touch with his upcoming projects, tracks, styles, guitars etc.
I'm not really a guitarist myself: I've tought myself guitar... I know the cords and can play solos using the pentatonic box, and it sometimes sounds almost decent – for those who don't play... But I've never played in a band, and with a wife, two kids, a house and lot of work it's hard to find the time to practice. Nevertheless, I do play a bit piano and participated in the Steinway piano festival in Denmark back in the 90's. I play (apart from my acustic Yamaha guitar) a Fender Strat Lite Ash (korean made) with Seymour Duncan pickups and V-neck which is really a really good alround guitar together with my Marshall MG 50 CXF amp. But of course – I would very much like a Bonamassa signature Gibson guitar sometime when I can afford it although the guitar alone won't make me a better guitarist...
Also, I'm looking forward to my first Bonamassa concert in Hannover in March this year. I might have some questions concerning meet & greets and signature guitars but I'll save them for another time.
Best regards from Berlin
:-jesper

Re: Hello from Berlin and Denmark...

Welcome Jesper, glad to have you aboard. I've learned there is a lot of knowledge here, and all questions are welcomed.
Enjoy!

Regards,
Rusty

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Welcome Jesper and ask away someone will chime in and it maybe Joe himself.

Welcome to the forum, Jesper!!!

Hi welcome to the group enjoy the topics here

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Hello and welcome aboard. Any questions related to gear and such please ask away. Many on the forum besides being major JoeB fans are gear geeks.
Again welcome to the land of Joe
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Nice to have you here, Jesper!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Great to have you here and just weigh in with questions whenever you wish. Someone will always answer. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Welcome to the forum Jesper!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Hello, and welcome

mary

Welcome, Jesper! Best regards from Heidelberg.

Anna Laura

Welcome to the family Jesper!

Enjoy the topics and great company.

Hannover will be a treat, I'm sure
My 1st live show was last spring .. a LARGE day it was .. lol

Cheers!  cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

Thanks everybody!!! :-)
It's always nice to be among good people - with good taste.
Kind regards
:-jesper