Re: How's the Weather Where You Are?

Spider wrote:

23 & sunny. For now. Snow storm expected this week.

Yes I'm home. Long travel day yesterday. But I did enjoy people watching while stuck at Newark for 12 hrs. What a noise filled place!

My initial thought was "that's nice and warm" until I realised you were talking Fahrenheit which is about -5 Celsius. Brrrrrrrr

I've added a Celsius (or Centigrade) to Fahrenheit table on the first post to assist us in conversions from one to t'other. It could be mighty confusing otherwise.

Useless tip of the day. Did you know that there are two temperatures which if they are reversed give you the temperature in the other scale? They are 16c which is 61F and 28c which is 82F. I'm sure you'll sleep better for knowing that. big_smile

London UK weather update. Dry, cold and windy.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Wooders wrote:

Useless tip of the day. Did you know that there are two temperatures which if they are reversed give you the temperature in the other scale? They are 16c which is 61F and 28c which is 82F. I'm sure you'll sleep better for knowing that. big_smile

London UK weather update. Dry, cold and windy.

Phil

2nd useless tip of the day; -40 is the same in Centipedes and Fairylights.... (Only useful for those on Antarctica or north of the Arctic circle.)

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

BansheeUK wrote:

2nd useless tip of the day; -40 is the same in Centipedes and Fairylights.... (Only useful for those on Antarctica or north of the Arctic circle.)

and lecturers in chemistry ....... tongue

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”

Two days ago it was -16 (centipedes), now it's 3 and pouring rain.  100+ mm expected, could hit 150.  Since the ground is frozen all that water is looking for places to go.  Glad this isn't snow, we'd look like Buffalo right about now.  We got a 150 cm (about 5 feet) dump of snow once, not funny.

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

Waiting for a storm of "biblical" proportions bearing down on NorCal due in a few hours. It's great the rain is here, but in 8-10 inch doses too much of it runs off instead of filling reservoirs. We'll take what we can get, but this one is packing 60-70 mph winds and up to 100 mph in the Sierras!

From The Soggy Bottom,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

I'm waiting for a"Whoopin" too!

Cold, windy snow sleet and hail, snow then ice after tonight. Ahhhh blissss NOT. sad

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Hey JDawg, floating away yet? My fam in Sonoma county was saying that they are giving away free sandbags in Santa Rosa.

KatClark wrote:

Hey JDawg, floating away yet? My fam in Sonoma county was saying that they are giving away free sandbags in Santa Rosa.

Pretty wet, but I've seen much worse over the 49 years I've lived in these parts. Marin, Solano, Napa, & especially Sonoma county took the brunt of this "super soaker". My favorite coverage of the storm was guys surfing the 7 foot waves the winds kicked up on Lake Tahoe! Surfs up on the East Shore!

Gotta Run, Noah's Out Front!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

ohiodawg13 wrote:
KatClark wrote:

Pretty wet, but I've seen much worse over the 49 years I've lived in these parts. Marin, Solano, Napa, & especially Sonoma county took the brunt of this "super soaker". My favorite coverage of the storm was guys surfing the 7 foot waves the winds kicked up on Lake Tahoe! Surfs up on the East Shore!

J Dawg

I vaguely remember that...I think.  When was that?

Hang tuff just BTW

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Our TVs in the office are showing some pretty horrendous weather conditions on the west coast of the US at the moment.
I hope all our friends over there are ok. Hang in there.

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

48 (edited by RickB 2014-12-12 13:26:03)

Not bad in SoCal. Big surf, moderate wind and rain. Bad up in the central part with the usual mudslides, coastal erosion and local flooding, the result of too much rain in a short time and people building and living where nature says they shouldn't. A few more like this will be a big help with our drought.
Rick
edit: The forecasters now say it is a developing El Nino which has set up our famous "Pineapple Express", a condition where the jet stream drops down and sucks subtropical moisture from the Hawaii latitudes straight into California. More storms and rain are on the way. The last time this happened there was extensive flooding in the State but it also fills the aquifer and resevoirs. smile

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Freakishly warm for Northern Wisconsin, mid 20's with a high over the weekend in the 40's, all our snow will be gone if this keeps up. Much better than last winter, sub zeros almost every day.

50 (edited by ohiodawg13 2014-12-12 23:35:36)

bigjeffjones wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:
KatClark wrote:

J Dawg

I vaguely remember that...I think.  When was that?

Hang tuff just BTW

Hangin' in Big JJ my funky brotha'! Bump da bump da bump! Much love to you, Ms. Tia and the rest of the Jones gang for a "Blue" Xmas!!!

And here I thought we were getting all the rain!  Not that it makes it any easier to take.  So far this month, all 12 days, we received 191mm of precipitation...that's 7.5 inches!  4.8 of that fell on Wednesday.

Got my crane stuck yesterday (I'm a crane operator, yes...a "Smooth Operator" Sade anyone?  Beuller?...okay back to the story) hindsight tells me I shouldn't have driven a 100,000lb crane in there, but I did and it went in no problem.  The problem was it rained all day.  About an inch of rain and 3 hours later I got it out.  I have just about had it with rain.

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

Full January vortex .Beam me up Scotty please!!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Just north of me in Scotland 100+mph gusts. A bit breezy then... sad

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Just plain awful, first day in weeks above zero, 1.4 degrees, and very windy. Snowed last night so spent the last 2 hours clearing the driveway. They say next weekend will be in the 30's.