Topic: TOLEDO HERE WE COME!!

Going to see Joe tomorrow night in Toledo OH.. M&G, plus front row center seats! My cousin is going...only his second time seeing Joe, and first time having front row for anything ever. I'm taking my aged Skinnerburst along to the M&G. Can't wait to see the show!!!

I'll post a "post show" review on Saturday or Sunday. I'm sure it will be killer....as always!!!

Re: TOLEDO HERE WE COME!!

Sounds like it's going to be an unforgettable evening for you and your cousin!!   I'm looking forward to reading the recap of your evening.  Have a great time!!

Looking forward to this myself!

Well....as usual....WOW. I have to say, I think I enjoyed this show more than some others due to his "stripped down" rig. Some vintage Fender combo amps, and he only played 4 guitars (electric anyway) during the night.

I'm getting ahead though. My cousin and I did the meet and greet. Just a heads up for anyone at the future M&G. I feel like a bit of a douche, because I told my cousin not to worry about bringing anything for him to sign. There were posters, cd's, dvd's, etc. for him to buy there, and he would sign one of those. That's the way it's always been. Well, the M&G was at 5:30, and they would not sell anything before 7 p.m., period. My cousin isn't all that big into the autograph, he really just wanted to meet him and get a picture, which we did, but, it sure would have been nice if they would have let him buy something. That was a first.

A funny story. I took the Skinnerburst, and there was one guy behind me in line. He asks me "what's in the case". I told him a L.P.. "Oh, what is it?", he asks. I told him...a Skinnerburst, an aged one that Gibson did of one that Joe owned. He says, "oh, so you have a knockoff then".  My cousin looks at me like WTF? So, I just said, yeah.....just a ten thousand dollar knockoff. He says "oh, well, wow, why would you have him sign it?".  I gave up. I just said "meh, I don't know", and left it at that.

Well, as soon as Joe saw it, he said, "oh, sweet". "What number Skinner is it"? I told him the story behind it, and he played it for a minute. THEN the guy that was behind me was looking like, oh wow.

He said mine had as good or better of a top than the real deal, and the color was close, but the original was maybe a little more "green". He graciously signed the back of the headstock. Way cool!

The show....man....no huge pedal board, no 50 guitars getting paraded out. Pretty much the Skinner, Carmelita, and two vintage Fenders through the Fender combo's. Sounded OUTSTANDING. The band was great as usual. Here are a few pictures from the show. Carmelita out did the Skinner IMO. That guitar just sounded unbelievable. Nothing like front and center!!

http://s1043.photobucket.com/user/jonby … g.html?o=0

Nice review.  I would add that the vocals were some if the clearest and cleanest I've ever heard at one of Joe's shows.  Whatever they did for the vocal rig on this tour is simply outstanding!

My wife loved how the show was split into full presentation acoustic and then electric.  It's a big step up from the original concept of solo Joe or Joe & Tal foe 4 or 5 songs. The acoustic band is spectacular. We really loved it. Sitting in row 2 directly in front of Gerry was awesome. What a talent he is.

Besides the rig, a lot of things have changed this year.  The entire vibe is different and even Joe's playing/soloing is different.  I love how he evolves the music and himself, and this is a major step in my eyes.  Bravo!

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Thanks for these lovely reviews.  I agree about Joe's voice this tour.  Just so strong.  Such a great entertainer and artist. Thanks.

dknight16 wrote:

Nice review.  I would add that the vocals were some if the clearest and cleanest I've ever heard at one of Joe's shows.  Whatever they did for the vocal rig on this tour is simply outstanding!

My wife loved how the show was split into full presentation acoustic and then electric.  It's a big step up from the original concept of solo Joe or Joe & Tal foe 4 or 5 songs. The acoustic band is spectacular. We really loved it. Sitting in row 2 directly in front of Gerry was awesome. What a talent he is.

Besides the rig, a lot of things have changed this year.  The entire vibe is different and even Joe's playing/soloing is different.  I love how he evolves the music and himself, and this is a major step in my eyes.  Bravo!

You are absolutely right. I was so caught up in the playing, I guess the vocals got by me, but, now that I think about it, you are spot on.

I also agree with the whole show being different. It's one thing I like best about Joe....his shows vary from year to year. I have seen soooo many artists where, once you see them, you've seen them. No need to see them again. Not Joe.....there is always something different to look forward to. Glad you had a good time!!

Great Show, Great Crowd.....Great time all around!!!!

"Never be impatient with the ones who love you, it might be yourself that you're burning"