Topic: Joe's Technique DVD

I watched the DVD last night....damn, he smokes even when he is not trying too....Joe just oozes coolness and soul.

After watching him, I don't know whether to stop playing guitar or play more. I think I will play more smile

Does this DVD come with a tab booklet? I think not, but it would be so helpful to be able to repeat some of the licks and phrases that Joe plays.

Any tab books out there yet?

Thanks
Monte

Re: Joe's Technique DVD

Hi Monte,

Which DVD did you watch? I just deiscovered the DVD live at Rockpalast, it's so amazing ! It actually makes me wanna play even more !

I found a few tabs online at www.911tabs.com , but not the one I'm looking for, which is "starship trooper" and "mountain time".

If anyone know where I could even buy them, please let me know !

Thanks

dam

oh, I just realized that you were talking about the technique DVD, well, I can't get to find a booklet either. It would definitly help.

... still looking for my tabs...

he has two dvds in question here:

live at rockplast
and signature sounds

they are both awesome and jb doesn't have a tab book out yet as far as I know.  But I know joe has spoken about one being in the works...

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Thanks for your answer...

I guess I got enough work yet, with the few tabs I got, maybe enough for the next couple of years ! ;-)

You should try figuring something out- it's good for your ears and your playing (for some reason it's a lot easier to play something once you've figured it out on your own)- only go to tab books if you have tried, but cannot for the life of you figure out a part.  That's my view, at least.
Scott

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

thanks

Scott, I agree with you about that. I tend to get lazy and play while on the sofa while watching TV and like to read a Tab book for fun.

But I think I am going to sit at the amp this weekend (new Carr Hammerhead arriving) and learn BTBD.

THanks
Monte

kwsjb1238 wrote:

You should try figuring something out- it's good for your ears and your playing (for some reason it's a lot easier to play something once you've figured it out on your own)- only go to tab books if you have tried, but cannot for the life of you figure out a part.  That's my view, at least.
Scott

Your so right there... If you know the song well enough figuring it out with just flow through your fingertips.

TAB wise, I do recall Joe mentioning in an interview that he had worked (was working?) on a tab book with Cherry Lane publishing. I just checked their site and nothing is listed. Does anyone know if it is still in the works? Maybe Joe will respond if he reads this.

The Technique DVD is very good. It would have been nice to have a tab booklet along with it though.

Nothin' but the Blues