Re: Welcome back Aynsley Lister!!!

Yes should be a great event - I hear Aynsley will be doing a 90 minute set which is unusual for a festival. Others playing are John Verity (ex Argent) The Mentulls, Absolution and Robin Bibi to mention just a few. Got my ticket already - don't want to miss out on this one!! Got it from here http://www.ticketsource.co.uk/date/90760

Colin

annaforjoe wrote:

Aynsley headlining at the Gravesend/Kent Bluesfest on Saturday 12 July 2014 ( own thread here under other artists with a link to the festival informations).

Well, Aynsley did an outstanding performance last Bluemonday at Muddy`s Club in Weinheim. He played a lot of material from his last CD "Home". The title track has high potential to a hit. Aynsley sang like a World Champion and there was an immense power through the bass (Steve Amadeo) and Andre, the hammond Player. The Drummer (forgot his name) was a highlight too.
Last time at the Rex in Bensheim Aynsley didn`t play "Insatiable Love", the favourite song of my hubby. He went to him in a little break and asked him if he could perform it. Aynsley only said that he will play "Feeling good", another song my hubby loved. He then asked him: "What`s  your name?" After having told, Aynsley began the second part of the gig. "Where`s Thomas?", he asked and dedicated the possession song to him. That was a surprise and really great!

Catch him if you can!

By the  way: There are some nominations for the British Blues Award 2014 concerning Aynsley.

Wolfgang from Muddy`s did post a vid of Aynsley`s "Purple Rain" cover today: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFtt04I9D2E.

Aynsley on the road, July through to January:-

July 2014
Jul11 Billericay New Crawdaddy Blues Club - Band
Jul12  Gravesend Bluesfest - Band
Jul24  Farnham The Maltings - Band
Jul31 CH  Romanshorn Sommernachtsfest - Band
Aug01 DE Tuttlingen Rittergarten - Band
Aug09 BE Zelzate Blueshappening 2014 Band
Aug16 Nottingham The Running Horse - Band
Aug23 CH Einsiedler Musikfest - Band
Sep12  Bristol The Tunnels  - Band
Sep13 NL Oostburg Bluesfestival - Band
Sept19 Clitheroe The Grand - Band
Sep20  St. Helens The Citadel - Band
Sep25  Chislehurst Beaverwood - Band
Sep26  Sutton Boom Boom - Band
Sep27  Wimborne Tivoli Theatre  - Band
Sep28  Southsea Bullfrog Blues Club - Band

Oct11 NL Hoogland / Amersfoort Café de Noot - Band
Oct15 NL Apeldoorn Bluescafe - Band
Oct16 NL Amstelveen P60 - Band
Oct17 DE Oldenburg Charly's Music Pub - Band
Oct18 DE Hannover Blues Garage - Band
Oct19 DE Munster Hot Jazz Club - Band
Oct20 DE Bonn Harmonie - Band
Oct23 DE Bensheim Musiktheater REX - Band
Oct24 DE Reichenbach Die Halle - Band
Oct25 DE Erfurt Museumskeller - Band
Oct28 AT Vienna Reigen - Band
Oct29 DE Augsburg Spectrum - Band
Oct31 CH Rubigen Muhle Hunziken - Band
Nov01 CH Schaffhausen Kammgarn - Band

Nov05  Bracknell The Cellar Bar, South Hill Park Arts Centre - Solo/Duo
Nov06  Scarborough The Blues Club - Band
Nov08  Carlisle Carlisle Blues Festival - Band
Nov13  York The Duchess - Band
Nov14  Preston 53 Degrees - Band
Nov20  Southampton The Brook - Band
Dec04  Kendal Bootleggers - Band
Dec05  Newcastle The Cluny - Band
Dec07  Edinburgh The Caves - Band
Dec11  Farnham The Maltings - Band
Dec12  Derby Flowerpot - Band
Dec14  Leicester The Musician - Band
Dec20  Sheffield The Greystones - Band

Jan16 Guitar Weekends 2015 - January 16th - 18th 2015 Denham Grove - Tuition
Jan22  Bilston Robin 2 - Band
Jan27  London 100 Club - Band
Feb06 Guitar Weekends 2015 - February 6th - 8th 2015 Denham Grove Tuition

Anyone not familiar with the Tuition week-ends, they're a great opportunity to hang and jam with Aynsley & the band as well as learn new licks and tricks, but don't worry, they're open to players of all levels of ability, even if you've only got as far as "hang it round the neck, stringy-bit to the front". The week-ends are very friendly & informal and rapidly becoming a popular draw on Aynsley's calendar, so for more detail, check Aynsley's web-site and book soon - these do SELL OUT.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Who's going to be a busy boy, then. big_smile As I shall likely be "bookending" Aynsley on his first date at the Crawdaddy next month and last at the 100 Club in January, I hope he'll be out of the blocks with a flying start and not be too knackered in the New Year after his adventures around the UK and Europe.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

Wooders wrote:

Who's going to be a busy boy, then. big_smile As I shall likely be "bookending" Aynsley on his first date at the Crawdaddy next month and last at the 100 Club in January, I hope he'll be out of the blocks with a flying start and not be too knackered in the New Year after his adventures around the UK and Europe.

Phil

Almost as if it were planned... cool  No worry about him "flying out the blocks" in July, there's still a couple of gigs to come this month, a festival appearance at Linton and a "home" solo gig at Warthog World of Music, Nottingham. Shouldn't be too much a problem for the 100 Club gig, unless someone's treated him to his "Scottish medicine".

It was another good turnout to see Aynsley at the Newcrawdaddy. There must have been at least 200 there last night.

It was also another great performance from Aynsley and the band and a superb debut for Ash Allen on keys. I went over and congratulated him at the end and he was very appreciative - a nice and humble guy.

I've just finished uploading Sugar from last night which features some nice interplay from Aynsley and Ash. I wanted to get this one up first as it highlights Ash's skills on the keys and some tasty guitar from the maestro.

Sugar with Aynsley and debutante, Ash Allen on keys

I'll try to put up some more if I think the quality is ok over the next couple of days. I hope you enjoy this one.

I've not been to the new venue before but it's evident from the amount of to'ing and fro'ing in front of the stage all night that quite a few pints must have been sold at the bar. Not the best layout for a venue to have the Gents next to the stage and the only means of getting there is right in front of the audience. It was very offputting while I was pinned up against the wall taking video all night. hmm

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”

Here is a video of a fantastic jam at the end of Aynsley's set at a wonderful Bluesfest in Gravesend on Saturday night. Aynsley Lister Band + Andrew Pipe (The Mentulls) and Damo Fawcett. Enjoy............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgpvEQNXVSM

Wooders wrote:

It was another good turnout to see Aynsley at the Newcrawdaddy. There must have been at least 200 there last night.

It was also another great performance from Aynsley and the band and a superb debut for Ash Allen on keys. I went over and congratulated him at the end and he was very appreciative - a nice and humble guy.

I've just finished uploading Sugar from last night which features some nice interplay from Aynsley and Ash. I wanted to get this one up first as it highlights Ash's skills on the keys and some tasty guitar from the maestro.

Sugar with Aynsley and debutante, Ash Allen on keys

I'll try to put up some more if I think the quality is ok over the next couple of days. I hope you enjoy this one.

I've not been to the new venue before but it's evident from the amount of to'ing and fro'ing in front of the stage all night that quite a few pints must have been sold at the bar. Not the best layout for a venue to have the Gents next to the stage and the only means of getting there is right in front of the audience. It was very offputting while I was pinned up against the wall taking video all night. hmm

Phil

Looks, or should that be sounds, like a good pair of hands on the keys. Certainly a bit more of a "New Orleans" vibe there on Sugar.

I've added a few more videos to my youtube channel

Inside Out
Sugar
WIAA featuring a nice bass solo from Steve
Home
Possession
I’m Tore Down - the second encore

Not up to Pete's standard but not bad.

Phil

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

Wooders wrote:

I've added a few more videos to my youtube channel

Inside Out
Sugar
WIAA featuring a nice bass solo from Steve
Home
Possession
I’m Tore Down - the second encore

Not up to Pete's standard but not bad.

Phil

Cool, thanks. I`ll catch him on Thursday,23 Oct 2014 at the Musiktheater Rex in Bensheim / Bergstraße. Wonderful appetizers...

Excellent, will work my way through them before upcoming gig in Tuttlingen on 1 August big_smile

156 (edited by BansheeUK 2014-07-16 09:35:07)

Smashing clips there Phil - great to see someone has finally videoed I'm Tore Down. Thanks for sharing.

See what you meant about people frequently crossing your field of view - "Tennants' Trot" perhaps?  big_smile

Great videos Wooders, thanks for sharing. Makes me all the more excited for what will be my first Aynsley Lister show in September at the Beaverwood Club. The 2 times I had chance to see him last year he clashed with Larry McCray & Virgil & The Accelerators.

Aynsley is a double winner of the British Blues Awards 2014 in the category
- Best Songwriter Of The Year and
- Best Blues Song: " Home".
He thanked for voting for him in a video from his Carribean Honeymoon vacation after his marriage recently. Now he is back on tour.

159 (edited by BansheeUK 2014-09-16 04:13:20)

Aynsley’s Thank You message from the British Blues Awards 2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ5dCGEwYrw

Best Song & Best Songwriter for Home and within a cat’s whisker for Best Album, Best Vocalist and of course Best Guitarist.

Been a fantastic year - Congrats Capt’n

As for the tour Anna mentioned - see Post #147 of this thread, just above.

Currently doing his autumn tour round the UK and not long back from touring Europe last month, the one song we’ve haven’t seen Aynsley do “live”, probably since the HOME launch has finally made the tour set.

Impossible - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3bNCxjKNJk

Hope to see this on this leg of the Autumn tour, always had a bit of a soft-spot for this song.

BansheeUK wrote:

Currently doing his autumn tour round the UK and not long back from touring Europe last month, the one song we’ve haven’t seen Aynsley do “live”, probably since the HOME launch has finally made the tour set.

Hope to see this on this leg of the Autumn tour, always had a bit of a soft-spot for this song.

I like this song too, but in Augsburg in October they did a more upbeat live version of it which I found a bit bland. I'd be interested to know what you think though. But otherwise the show was fantastic!

GMac wrote:
BansheeUK wrote:

I like this song too, but in Augsburg in October they did a more upbeat live version of it which I found a bit bland. I'd be interested to know what you think though. But otherwise the show was fantastic!

Hmm, Aynsley does deliver a couple of superb solos in there, but somehow, I envisaged this being more Andre led.. Maybe it'll take a while to bed the number into the set.