Topic: Hello from Ohio

Greetings,

I'm from North Central Ohio.  I could tell you the town but even the the folks in the next town have never heard of it.

I 'discovered' Joe's music about 6 months ago.  Sort of wondering what hole I have been in to have missed out for so long. Oh thats right, Central, OH.  Feel like I am 12 again with some big time hero worship goin on.  I was think'n about buying a poster for my wall but, instead, got tickets to go see him in Columbus come November.

I have been away from music in any big way for about a 15 years.  At the time I figured it was time to grow up and admit I wasn't going to be a rock star, so I sold all my gear to pay for my wedding, then kids, farm, full time job.  I have been slowly putting things back together and playing again.   The Mrs. has even offered to not divorce me for trying to buy Spider's Bonaburst.  She seems to think I am much nicer person since I have been playing again.  Having been married long enough, I know not to argue even though I am pretty sure I am always a sweetheart.

Funny is: My 6 year old trying to sing Jockey Full of Bourbon playing air piano.  Yep, piano, guess thats why he likes that one the best.  He looks just like me so I'm still fairly certain he's mine.

Rock on,

Paul

Re: Hello from Ohio

Hi and welcome to a good and amusing first post. Doesn't matter what instrument it is, just that the music is ib the blood (rap not included lol ).  Anyway there is a good crowd on here. Just go with the flow and pitch in when you feel the need. Enjoy your first JB concert an be prepared to be amazed/blown away at the same time.  Addiction follows. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Welcome Paul. I can tell you, you're not the first one to show up and express surprise at not knowing about Joe sooner. Although I discovered Joe a few years ago, I felt the same way. The important thing is he's been found! Enjoy your first JB Show, I'm sure it wont be your last. I'll be seeing Joe in November for the second time, and I cant wait! I hope you can add a JB guitar to your rig. I recently got a Gibson JB LP Std Goldtop and I love it, I'm already thinking of burst to keep it company, cant have goldie getting lonely.......

Again, welcome. Enjoy the topics and post often.

Cheers,
Rusty

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How Iā€™d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Welcome to the forum, Paul!!  Like you, I'm a relative newbie to Joe's music and I also wondered how I hadn't heard him before.  Truth be told, I didn't follow music much over the last few years as I didn't find any music on the radio that I liked..at all.  Top 40, country, hip-hop, etc., none of that was music that I enjoyed.  Finding Joe has been an eye opening experience for me as not only did I learn that there is someone out there making great blues rock, but he rekindled my desire to find new bands to listen to and I have come across a number of great blues, blues rock, southern rock bands out there making great music that I enjoy.  And to top it all off, Joe has inspired me to learn to play guitar and I am enjoying it immensely.  Granted, I suck right now  smile  but I'm getting better.

Anyway, enjoy the show...he puts on a great show, enjoy the topics and the people here and most of all enjoy the feeling that Joe seems to provide for his fans.  It's rare when you can find an artist that resonates with their fans as closely as Joe does.  It's pretty special.

Welcome! You will definitely enjoy your first concert in November! Joe puts on an amazing show and it will only fuel the obsession once you see him live. It's truly an amazing experience!

Hi welcome to the group....enjoy the topics here

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Cannot go wrong with an opening that makes people laugh.  Welcome to the forum and I know how you feel when you mention feeling like your 12 again.

Welcome Paul, I have never seen Joe in concert, but I own everything he has put out. 

Bonamassa takes music from the past and present together and then brings it into the future.

best wishes,

SBS

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

xland wrote:

Welcome to the forum, Paul!!  Like you, I'm a relative newbie to Joe's music and I also wondered how I hadn't heard him before.  Truth be told, I didn't follow music much over the last few years as I didn't find any music on the radio that I liked..at all.  Top 40, country, hip-hop, etc., none of that was music that I enjoyed.  Finding Joe has been an eye opening experience for me as not only did I learn that there is someone out there making great blues rock, but he rekindled my desire to find new bands to listen to and I have come across a number of great blues, blues rock, southern rock bands out there making great music that I enjoy.  And to top it all off, Joe has inspired me to learn to play guitar and I am enjoying it immensely.  Granted, I suck right now  smile  but I'm getting better.

Anyway, enjoy the show...he puts on a great show, enjoy the topics and the people here and most of all enjoy the feeling that Joe seems to provide for his fans.  It's rare when you can find an artist that resonates with their fans as closely as Joe does.  It's pretty special.

xland - Would you mind sharing what other artists you have found? Thanks Paul

Better late than never.  Welcome.  I think we all wonder why we did not know about Joe sooner.  he is the best especially live.  Hope you get to see  him soon

Hogsniper wrote:

xland - Would you mind sharing what other artists you have found? Thanks Paul

Most of them I heard about from this very forum.  And many of therm have been around for years but don't get any airplay on regular radio so I didn't know about them until very recently.  Tedeschi Trucks Band, Gov't Mule, Beth Hart, London Souls, Davy Knowles and Ryan McGarvey are a few bands/musicians that I listen to regularly now. 

Heath
xland

13 (edited by Buzzy 2014-06-24 17:35:49)

Welcome to the forum Paul!

Great intro .. u'll feel right at home here

Congrats! .. ur score of the Bonaburst .. gorgeous instrument.

Enjoy the topics and wonderful folks around here ..

Cheers!  cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!