1 (edited by DougH 2014-05-21 12:55:17)

Topic: Toronto May 24, 2014

I have a post in the Street Team section as well.
Never did receive the hand out cards or posters for the Street Team. (assume lost in Customs)

I'm in Orc C around 3rd row for the show.
I know Buzzy is coming in for the show as well.

I know that some might be on the meet'n'greet list for 5:30pm so...
I was thinking of heading to the Steam-whistle Brewery just the other side of the Air Canada Centre Hockey arena and across from the Rogers Blue Jay's Baseball stadium and see if I can get in on the 3pm tour (costs $10-$15) for the hour tour.
That way the tour ends around 4pm, they fill up fast on a Saturday, so I hope to get in and you can't reserve ahead of time.

I was thinking (as posted in the Street Team section) of heading to dinner:
Old Spaghetti Factory Toronto
54 The Esplanade, Toronto, ON M5E 1A6
(416) 864-9761

which is just around the corner from the Sony Centre where Joe and the guys are playing.
Spaghetti Factory is 'modest' priced for Toronto, where you have fast food in the tunnels and high end steak places above ground.
Since on Saturday's they don't take reservations after 5pm (wait time could be 45min to get in)
not sure if there is anyone that will go to the meet'n'greet at 5:30-6pm will be able to meet up with me over at the Spaghetti Factory
So right now, not entirely sure on when to head to the restaurant (I'm thinking 5:30pm since I'm not in the MnG).
I'm thinking of getting to my seats around 7:30-7:45

If you're interested in meeting up, let me know.

Cheers

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Re: Toronto May 24, 2014

Hey Dude

I'm here .. landed safely last night .. lol

Travel in town? .. sheesh .. ya'll need to be a road scholar .. lol
Be subway travel on Saturday for sure ..

On course for the plan ..

Will be in touch soon cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

DougH wrote:

I know that some might be on the meet'n'greet list for 4pm...

Hi Doug, you'll love the show!  Enjoy!

Just wanted to mention that, unless instructed otherwise by J&R, the Meet & Greets are now usually held at 5:30...in case it matters in your making plans.

Have a terrific time.  big_smile

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

I know it will.. this is my 4th (yeah I'm still a baby of not a billion shows seen) show of Joe's
First one that as far as I know I'm not on the MnG listing sad

thank's for the reminder that the MnG moved from the older 430 to newer 5:30pm format.
Forgot. Doh!  not that it matters to me right now (not on list sad )

that makes it a little tougher on those that are in the MnG to grab dinner but oh well..
Eat, Drink, Listen to Joe.

sally12333 wrote:
DougH wrote:

I know that some might be on the meet'n'greet list for 4pm...

Hi Doug, you'll love the show!  Enjoy!

Just wanted to mention that, unless instructed otherwise by J&R, the Meet & Greets are now usually held at 5:30...in case it matters in your making plans.

Have a terrific time.  big_smile

---------------

Hi Doug, Greg & I (Al) are heading to TO in the morning for the show. We just saw him in Ottawa Thurs. - amazing!  We will try and do the brewery tour at 2pm, maybe the Hockey hall Of Fame before that…. as we are meeting fellow Bonaholics at The Tilted Kilt around 3:15 pm.  Karen, Duncan, etc. are going to the M&G. Greg & I are waiting there for them to return. Join us if you want, either the brewery or the bar. Cheers

6 (edited by DougH 2014-05-24 08:35:26)

Dang.. Gator-Al.. too bad nobody posted earlier about this. Wish those Bonaholics had posted. "Safety in numbers wink "

Looks like with my sister's timing to come to my place then us down, not sure if we cal make the 2pm..
We'll be shooting for the 3pm Steamwhistle tour not 2pm like orginially planned (depends on how busy it is there if you can even get in.)

I'll text Buzzy (he pm'd me and I had given him my cell number) and have him check the forum here see what he thinks.

I won't see the forum post or emails that come in from this forum after 12noon,

BTW as I was corrected up above the Meet and Greet times have moved from the 'long standard' of 4:30pm..
double check what they told you the time was.. it should be 5:30pm..
that means you'll be in the Kilt for about 4hrs. from the time you enter to the time of the show.
Cheers

---------------

It was Great to meet everyone at the Tilted Kilt (last minute venue change) before and after the concert.

The blues/rock format last night in Toronto was just amazing, Blue's Deluxe .. to kill for.

transfering picture's from the camera, will upload as soon as I can.

---------------

This was my first time seeing Joe after years of listening and being hampered by awful work travel schedules. I agree 100%. 2 fantastic sets! A musical tsunami..... Tal's martini bit was funny as hell. Cant wait till he comes to Toronto again. I coulda stayed all night.

9 (edited by DougH 2014-05-25 16:47:01)

Toronto was the last show of 33 North American gig's he did this spring

He reprized the Blues night gig from London last year for us.. Not the Acoustic / Rock-Blues set of Kingston Ontario

He did a Acoustic / Blues-Rock set.. doing things like Blues Deluxe

and a tear-jerking touch sensitive-volume swell'ed Django that was so pretty on guitar (except for the drunk that thought it was funny to yell, even with Joe shhhh'ing him)

here is slide show of a few shots I posted on my Photo Bucket... hope it works

http://s516.photobucket.com/user/E-Team … %20Toronto

---------------

Great pics

Can one of the gang that grabbed a set list, please post

Thanks

---------------

DougH wrote:

Can one of the gang that grabbed a set list, please post

Thanks

We just listened to a recording of this show and the setlist was the same as recent previous ones:

Woke Up Dreaming                 Dust Bowl
Seagull                                  Oh Beautiful
Jelly Roll                                Who's Been Talking
Black Lung Heartache              Blues Deluxe
Happier Times                         Slow Train
Jockey Full of Bourbon             Love Ain't A Love Song
Dislocated Boy                        Sloe Gin
Ball Peen Hammer                   Ballad of John Henry
Athens to Athens                     Django/Mountain Time

Cheers Doug, great photos!  was nice to meet you and all the Bonaholics @ the Tilted Kilt