Topic: first time caller, long time listener

here we go....first time post.  hopefully this enhances the "Joe" experience!!

Re: first time caller, long time listener

Hi welcome to the group...enjoy the topics here

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Welcome to the forum!

Will absolutely enhance all things JB

Enjoy the topics! cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

Hello, and Welcome! Tell us about how you found Joe, thats something that always interests me for some reason.

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How Iā€™d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Big 'ol welcome to ya!

I'm with Rusty, let us know your "Joe" story.

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

Welcome to the forum!!

Welcome to the forum!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Hi and welcome from the (sunny for once) UK. Enjoy the good company. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Bona-coustic wrote:

here we go....first time post.  hopefully this enhances the "Joe" experience!!

Best thing I ever did other than finding Joe and his music was joining this forum. Welcome.  Tells us about your Joe journey

10 (edited by Bona-coustic 2014-05-14 07:53:35)

It all started with an interest to attend a Bloodline show @ a place called Pieres in Fort Wayne Indiana. Local radio hyped an up and coming guitarist named "Smokin' Joe Bonamassa" and I lived right next door in Canterbury Green so why not? But then at the last minute it was announced that the show was being moved to another part of The Pieres complex called Picasso's, and having been there before, my buds and i decided to skip it... as it turned out, SOMEONE in the band wasn't old enough to play in a 21 and over club. Wonder who that was?

Fast-forward a few years and here comes this Joe Bonamassa guy playing at Pieres again, this time of age, as local dj's made a special point to note. This time, i made my mind up i was going. He was all over the radio and no way was i was gonna miss another chance to see what this guy was all about. To this day i couldn't tell you who went to the show with me, but 1 thing i can recall is that this smokin' Joe dude was talented!! One other thing about the show that caught my attention was the fact the show was being filmed, which at the time i thought was sorta odd.... as it turned out, I was at the ANDYL performance.
  Since then i saw him perform Pieres 2 more times. And although i was not a big fan of the Power Trio format, one could easily tell that this guy was goin' places.....and Fast!
   Then in '94 i abrumptly moved to Kansas City and i was beginning a new life and Fort Wayne was a fading memory... tragedy struck in my family and i moved back to FW several years later and have remained rooted here ever since. Joe was still a big deal around here and i got back in the groove again, rediscovering music i missed and all that goes with it.
    Life was just plunkin' along and then it happened again! JB is set to play the Embassy Theatre in FW and hey, i have a new GF that is way too far into country for my tastes, so i figure i'll get us good balcony seats and i'll score some bigtime points with her while turning her on to REAL music. As it turned out it was just what the doctor ordered because from that moment on.....it's all about JOE!!

What a great intro story.  Glad you came back to the fold.

Welcome aboard

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp