Topic: New Member from Massachusetts

Hello fellow Bonamassa fans! I found Joe a few years ago while searching youtube, and I've been hooked ever sence. He is exactally the type of guitarist I like, He favors Les Pauls, collects guitars, plays vintage instruments, he's not a peacock, and his playing is top notch. I could go on and on. With that said, he's renewed my desire to become a better player myself. My Les Paul copy is soon to be retired and will replaced by the real thing. My tired old KMD amp will soon be replaced by a Marshall DSL40C. Yes I'm going to spend more than I'd like to, but I expect my new gear to last a lifetime, besides, one more will bring my humble collection to ten guitars, and ten is better than nine, right?

I had the good fortune to see Joe live last year and it was worth every penny. The good news is he's coming to my town again this fall, and I'll be there once again, digging on those awesome tones and blazing riffs.

I'll be stopping by the forum often!

Keep the Blues Alive!

Rusty

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Re: New Member from Massachusetts

So nice to have you here, Rusty!  Welcome!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Welcome aboard!  10 guitars does sound nice.  Same as me these days.  Had 12 but gave 2 away to family members at the end of last year.  What was I thinking?

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Welcome to the forum Rusty!

Relax and enjoy ur stay cool

The BonaMaritimer .. All Dials To The Right!

Welcome enjoy the topics found here

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Welcome to the forum
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Welcome to the forum!!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Welcome to the forum Rusty!!

Glad u r here. What guitars in your stable?

Hi Rusty and welcome to a great place . big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

11 (edited by Rusty 2014-04-29 17:18:04)

Thank you all for the warm welcome! My humble guitar collection is soon going to have a major addition. Currently I have nine, including my first guitar, a 1960 (?) Sears Silvertone single pickup electric that my two older brothers both started on. I have some great memories of being around six or seven years old and watching my oldest brother playing it with some friends in our living room, that was about fifty years ago! It was passed on to my next older brother, and then to me, and although I dont play it much anymore, I'll never part with it. It was stolen back in the early 80's, and a friend spotted it hanging in a small local music shop a few days later. I walked into the store and told the owner that it was my guitar and I was taking it, then I told him I wanted the name of who sold him the stolen instrument. The guy had no records so I was never able to track down the thief, but I did report the store owner to the police for receiving stolen goods.
I also have an Epiphone BB King Lucille, a 93 Guild Brian May (serial Number 23, Brian owns number 24) a cheap Les Paul copy made by Vantage (plays really nice), two Ovation acoustics, and an Ibanez 12 string.
I sold the only Gibson I ever had years ago. It was an all maple L6S. It sounded great but it was way too narrow at the nut for me, more so than any guitar I've ever had in my hands.
     Now for my major addition, I just broke down and bought a Gibson Joe Bonamassa Goldtop Les Paul Standard, it should be here in a day or two, I cant wait! Next up, a new amp, my 25 year old KMD amp is failing and I think its time for a Marshall DSL40C.

Tickets for Joes concert in Springfield go on sale in a few days....

UPDATE: Just got my tickets using the Pre Sale Code, the first four rows were sold out in minutes!

Keep The Blues Alive,
Rusty

JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Late to the party, but WELCOME Rusty!
I have a skinny neck LesPaul from '72, got it when I was 13... and still love it. My small hands back then could fret an F chord no problem!

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

13 (edited by wvgirlinky 2014-05-02 08:16:58)

Rusty wrote:

Thank you all for the warm welcome! My humble guitar collection is soon going to have a major addition. Currently I have nine, including my first guitar, a 1960 (?) Sears Silvertone single pickup electric that my two older brothers both started on. I have some great memories of being around six or seven years old and watching my oldest brother playing it with some friends in our living room, that was about fifty years ago! It was passed on to my next older brother, and then to me, and although I dont play it much anymore, I'll never part with it. It was stolen back in the early 80's, and a friend spotted it hanging in a small local music shop a few days later. I walked into the store and told the owner that it was my guitar and I was taking it, then I told him I wanted the name of who sold him the stolen instrument. The guy had no records so I was never able to track down the thief, but I did report the store owner to the police for receiving stolen goods.
I also have an Epiphone BB King Lucille, a 93 Guild Brian May (serial Number 23, Brian owns number 24) a cheap Les Paul copy made by Vantage (plays really nice), two Ovation acoustics, and an Ibanez 12 string.
I sold the only Gibson I ever had years ago. It was an all maple L6S. It sounded great but it was way too narrow at the nut for me, more so than any guitar I've ever had in my hands.
     Now for my major addition, I just broke down and bought a Gibson Joe Bonamassa Goldtop Les Paul Standard, it should be here in a day or two, I cant wait! Next up, a new amp, my 25 year old KMD amp is failing and I think its time for a Marshall DSL40C.

UPDATE: Just got my tickets using the Pre Sale Code, the first four rows were sold out in minutes!

Keep The Blues Alive,
Rusty

Rusty be sure to let us know when you get the new addition to your family. I think your stable sounds like fun.  Would love to hear that twelve string. Thanks for sharing. 
Mary

Rusty wrote:
wvgirlinky wrote:
Rusty wrote:

Keep The Blues Alive,
Rusty

Rusty be sure to let us know when you get the new addition to your family. I think your stable sounds like fun.  Would love to hear that twelve string. Thanks for sharing. 
Mary

Thanks wvgirl, my JBLP arrived yesterday, I posted a few pictures in the "General Topics" section.

Rusty

JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

I guess you really wanted me to know about those pictures, lol!  saw them lovely guitar.  so jealous.

Thank you wv, the multiple post was not intentional, I just cleaned it up. The guitar is awesome, I cant help but pick it up several times a day, even if I only have a few minutes to to play, it's worth it.

JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP