1 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-03-31 18:43:44)

Topic: On this day in MARCH Bonahistory

Please see post #24

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Re: On this day in MARCH Bonahistory

Hi RoadcaseBoy,

Could you add onto 03/06/2011 Davenport, Adler entry that my Joe Child #184,  named "lil' Joe" made his debut appearance onstage with Pop (Joe) wink  "The Ballad of John Henry"  What a thrill that was! Thanks!
                                                   plj cool

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

3 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-03-11 11:52:46)

Absolutely!! So sorry I missed that cool piece of BHistory. I admit ... I sometimes don't search the Forum for every show date as I should ... but I remember your posts about how "lil Joe" came to be and "lil him" getting on stage.  Can't imagine the thrill that must have been.

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Hi RoadcaseBoy,

Could you add onto 03/06/2011 Davenport, Adler entry that my Joe Child #184,  named "lil' Joe" made his debut appearance onstage with Pop (Joe) wink  "The Ballad of John Henry"  What a thrill that was! Thanks!
                                                   plj cool

Isn't there a video of Big Joe giving lil Joe a good spanking on TBOJH? big_smile

Ars Longa, Vita Brevis

“The guy who has helped the blues industry the most is Joe Bonamassa and I would say he is more rock than some rock stuff, so to me blues is whatever you want it to be!”
Simon McBride in my interview with him in Blues Matters! Issue #56

5 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-03-12 09:15:51)

Correct you are!!:D (video courtesy of Lee Kindem)

http://youtu.be/ABcOvyvy7h4

and a pic of #184 ... resting before his big debut ... going through BOJH in his head.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photogal1967/5562222607/   (photo courtesy of photogal)

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

and a tuckered out #184 ... reliving the big event in his dreams ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photogal1967/5562222607/   (photo courtesy of photogal)

Minor detail, but that was actually before the show - the guitar was getting ready for the big night smile .

7 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-03-11 17:31:39)

Lee wrote:
RoadcaseBoy wrote:

and a tuckered out #184 ... reliving the big event in his dreams ...

Minor detail, but that was actually before the show - the guitar was getting ready for the big night smile .

I knew it was a 50/50 guess on my part ... pre or post show. Thanks for the correction. smile

Wow! March is a good month for me...8 shows attended and we're not halfway through the month...

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

I see you have the March 19, 2011 Taft Theater Cincinnati Ohio listed. I had a review thread for this under my prior user name that was some how accidentally deleted sad  To my knowledge Joe's 1st time performing at Taft Theater, just a few days prior to the official release date of Dust Bowl (March 22, 2011 if you would like to add date to list) I handed out postcards at the door with a free download of Dust Bowl prior to the show. All I had to do was hold up a handful and say "free Joe download" and they flew out of my hands! I think I handed out a full plastic grocery bag and probably half of another by myself.

My seats were on the aisle of 5th or 6th row, when Joe started Just Got Paid everyone filled the aisles and we had moved forward a few rows. As the show ended I saw Tal (this was one of his earliest shows with Joe) throw out a drumstick, I watched it fall all the way to the ground just a few feet in front of me! Took a dive to the floor to recover and happy to see I was victorious! Tal was very nice to sign it for me at the Rupp Arena show, the next year cool

I also have a set list from the show:

Cradle Rock
So Many Roads
When the Fire Hits the Sea
So It's Like That
Heartaches Where Nickels (this is exactly how it is typed on set list-this one was my favorite from the show, probably the best I've seen Joe do this one)
Slow Train
Dust Bowl
You Better Watch Yourself
Sloe Gin
Ballad of John Henry
Lonesome Road Blues
Happier Times
Steal Your Heart Away
Great Flood
Young Mans Blues
Woke Up Dreaming
Mountain Time
Bird on a Wire
Just Got Paid

f/k/a #1kyfan original registration 5/2010
"Lookout Man the storm's about to rage"

10 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-03-20 17:14:57)

Lizzee ... thanks for posting your great story for 3/19/11 - Taft Theater, Cincinnati OH.  I see your current Avatar is the result of your victorious dive! Very cool. (No black eye / missing teeth photo I hope.)  Thanks for posting the setlist too!

I just noticed now ... I posted up today's - the 20th's - yesterday.

Dumb me ... I just got done sketching the dates for "today" ... thinking to myself ... some of these look familiar ... but the same venues do pop up occasionally.  Naturally, I didn't look at my yesterday post until I typed (re-typed the 20th) the list out ready to cut and paste in.  Maybe time to pass the torch. smile

On this second go around, I did stumble onto a Rocket review I enjoyed reading for the 03/20/09 San Diego CA - Spreckels Theatre.  I'll put the link here ...and in the list. https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic. … 68#p101668

PS: Liz ... this Avatar is cool ... but can't beat your Turkey in the Sink one!

That was cool to read Rocket's review. I was at that show but it was before I knew of this site. Brought it all back to me. He was right about the sound. We were mid floor and it was pretty muddy at times. Thanks for keeping this thread filled with memories.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

12 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-03-21 19:17:51)

Thanks Rick for the post ... and kind comment.  Naturally, thanks goes to Rocket for posting a review as only he can!

By luck ... found another great review from the CA Bonacontigent.  Libby posting up for the next night ... 03/21/09 Cerritos CA - Cerritos Center.  Her third show in a row ... and it shows!!!

https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic. … 57#p102757

The St Patrick's Day show at Chan's was awesome.  Italian American blues guitar player playing in a Chinese restaurant (with a drive thru window) on St. Patrick's Day.  I think they even had green beer.  Oh, and it was a double show big_smile  .  No pictures but I believe Tara had a few on Flickr.   http://www.flickr.com/photos/tararaboomdeeay/page75/    I remember Joe standing on one of the tables in the front row - and they weren't very big tables.  I think this was the third time I saw the band.  Very fun night.

Sandy

P.S.  Tara has some amazing pictures on her Flickr pages.  Would love to have had a chance to meet her back in the day.

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

14 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-03-22 16:16:55)

Thanks Sandy for the quick show review and the Tara photo link! They are great!! Gotta be a table dance (stance) photo somewhere!!

Just looked for a Thread on Chens with no luck ... but with a quick search ... did see a fotopete reply to Tara that he attended Toad's on the 16th. Checked his site ... and wah la ... some photos for the 16th at Toad's Place (3/16/06)

http://www.fotopete.com/concerts/toads/toads.html (3/16/06 courtesy of fotopete)

samjp4 wrote:

The St Patrick's Day show at Chan's was awesome.  Italian American blues guitar player playing in a Chinese restaurant (with a drive thru window) on St. Patrick's Day.  I think they even had green beer.  Oh, and it was a double show big_smile  .  No pictures but I believe Tara had a few on Flickr.   http://www.flickr.com/photos/tararaboomdeeay/page75/    I remember Joe standing on one of the tables in the front row - and they weren't very big tables.  I think this was the third time I saw the band.  Very fun night.

Sandy

P.S.  Tara has some amazing pictures on her Flickr pages.  Would love to have had a chance to meet her back in the day.

This show was in the middle of an eight show run through New England.  In regards to Chan's show, Joe did not stand on a table, he kicked over a monitor, to stand on a speaker.  I was the person sitting right there, got my foot out of the way just in time.  No pictures of that, he was too close.  The night before was Toad's place.  I see that those (mine of Toad's) pictures are also on the same Flickr page.  Fotopete's famous shirt picture/image was taken at Toad's.  See page two of his link. 

The morning after the Chan's double show, Joe did an acoustic live performance on Fox 25 news, on his way through Boston.

Thanks Jane, for pointing me to this thread...sorry that it's been so long.

WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~~~JIMI HENDRIX

16 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2014-03-25 15:41:25)

Thanks Jane H. for posting ... and for bringing Tara into the Thread (and getting her to recall the show, to go with her great pics.) 

Like I've said, love when I see a Member add to a date. When I see one (or more) of the "Charter '06'ers," post up ... it's extra special.

17 (edited by samjp4 2014-03-25 19:08:25)

Tara wrote:
samjp4 wrote:

Sandy

This show was in the middle of an eight show run through New England.  In regards to Chan's show, Joe did not stand on a table, he kicked over a monitor, to stand on a speaker.  I was the person sitting right there, got my foot out of the way just in time.  No pictures of that, he was too close.  The night before was Toad's place.  I see that those (mine of Toad's) pictures are also on the same Flickr page.  Fotopete's famous shirt picture/image was taken at Toad's.  See page two of his link. 

The morning after the Chan's double show, Joe did an acoustic live performance on Fox 25 news, on his way through Boston.

Tara - I am so glad Jane reached out to you.  From where we were sitting (over in front of the guitar rack) it did look like Joe was on the table.  Glad your foot wasn't crushed.  Didn't Joe used to have a couple of stools he used at the side of the stage to stand on?  I remember the Fox 25 appearance as well.

If you are going to any of the shows in New England in the future please get in touch with me (my email is listed below my avatar) because I would love to get a chance to finally meet you.  I've always enjoyed your pictures because I was too stupid to realize at that point that Joe didn't mind pictures and left my camera at home.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Tara wrote:
samjp4 wrote:

Sandy

Off topic, but I just have to say HI and give a cyber-HUG to {Tara!}! big_smile cool Glad you popped in.

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”