Re: New Photo Policy Spring 2014

I'm with you, GMac! I will be in Abilene, Texas, April 4th. About the only things I plan to bring with me are a couple of friends I have turned on to Joe's music & perhaps a small vial with my late wife's ashes. She was a huge Joe fan and her spirit will no doubt be there with me, dancing & singing along with every song. We had always planned on seeing Joe if he ever played near us, unfortunately she passed away a year to the month before he made it here. It will be a sad & joyous occasion at the same time! Music & memories bind people together in ways that pictures cannot. The only photo I can say that I would really treasure would be one of Jackie along side Joe with a big ear to ear smile on her face!

I feel for you, roncypert, I can't imagine seeing Joe without my husband by my side. But I hope the concert and the music still bring you joy.

roncypert wrote:

I'm with you, GMac! I will be in Abilene, Texas, April 4th. About the only things I plan to bring with me are a couple of friends I have turned on to Joe's music & perhaps a small vial with my late wife's ashes. She was a huge Joe fan and her spirit will no doubt be there with me, dancing & singing along with every song. We had always planned on seeing Joe if he ever played near us, unfortunately she passed away a year to the month before he made it here. It will be a sad & joyous occasion at the same time! Music & memories bind people together in ways that pictures cannot. The only photo I can say that I would really treasure would be one of Jackie along side Joe with a big ear to ear smile on her face!

roncypert wrote:

sad to read this...:-( i agree with you: Music and memories bind pepole. Hope you'll enjoy the show anyway

GMac wrote:

I honestly don't understand today's obsession with having to have photos/videos of everything. I just want to concentrate on seeing Joe live rather than through a lens! But maybe I'm just old-fashioned.

I have to agree. Just enjoy the show.
Lester

Lester wrote:
GMac wrote:

I honestly don't understand today's obsession with having to have photos/videos of everything. I just want to concentrate on seeing Joe live rather than through a lens! But maybe I'm just old-fashioned.

I have to agree. Just enjoy the show.
Lester

To each his own. I know many people that love Joe and love photography, and joining those two things makes a Joe show that much more special. It's very understandable that those fans will be disappointed with the change.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

As I understand it, you can still take photos at Joe's concerts, there are just certain restrictions in place.
There is no easy solution.
See how it goes, things can always change.

Lester.

Pantera wrote:
roncypert wrote:

sad to read this...:-( i agree with you: Music and memories bind pepole. Hope you'll enjoy the show anyway

Thanks Pantera.... I will absolutely enjoy the show....You would have to have known Jackie.... she'd find a way to kick my **** if i didn't! smile

GMac wrote:

I feel for you, roncypert, I can't imagine seeing Joe without my husband by my side. But I hope the concert and the music still bring you joy.

roncypert wrote:

Thank you for your kind words, GMac....Jackie was the most joyous person I've ever known & with her in my heart seeing Joe can't be anything but joyful!

27 (edited by Pantera 2014-01-21 15:01:14)

roncypert wrote:
Pantera wrote:
roncypert wrote:

Thanks Pantera.... I will absolutely enjoy the show....You would have to have known Jackie.... she'd find a way to kick my **** if i didn't! smile

Well then i would have for sure. ;-)

I've never had the pleasure of seeing Joe live ( more shows in Scotland JB ),  so if I did would I want to watch it through a lens ? the answer is no, I've seen loads of bands from Tull to Trower and I've never felt the urge to watch it through a camera or spark up my zippo during slower songs.
I understand if someone wants a quick snapshot as a keep sake but the practice of constantly taking pictures or standing like the statue of liberty with a mobile (cell) phone is beyond me.
Enjoy the show, clap, punch the air, play your imaginary 59 !!!!

the only really "fair" solution for everyone is for Joe to keep on releasing DVDs of his tours like the RCFP and Beth Hart and ....

I confess that I do like the semi-pro videos on you tube! Some of you have done terrific work and it's helped spread the word to new folks like me.

SBS

Can you please explain why the Joe Bonamassa webpage "contact us" page does not work?
I input my message, enter the "Captcha" code, and then it gets stuck.  It does not
go any further, and the little circular activity icon near the submit button just goes
around and around.  Is this not a real page?  If not, can you either fix it or delete it
please?

Craig

Try contacting one of the moderators directly through their profile page. They should be able to assist you.
Lester.

ericd@jr-adventures.com is where I would start.

GMac wrote:

+ 1

No matter how far you try to push the envelope, it remains stationery

I saw the show in DSM April 18th, and I didn't take a single photo with anything but my phone, and I only took a total of 4. The show was spectacular, and I can always sit and enjoy the show without taking any. My seats were close enough but I didn't want to annoy the folks behind me.  I took my youngest son, Dillon, and he enjoyed his first Joe show from the 2nd row.  We sat still and were entertained by a world-class group of musicians, and we were happy as clams.
I have pics from several earlier shows and I'm just lucky to have the experience. As long as I can keep going to the shows, I can do without taking lots of pictures.  At the Surf Ballroom and C.Y. Stephens Auditorium I took enough for all of us!

It's a BLUES thing.  If I hafta explain, you wouldn't understand...
Gone_Postal

Gone_Postal wrote:

I saw the show in DSM April 18th, and I didn't take a single photo with anything but my phone, and I only took a total of 4. The show was spectacular, and I can always sit and enjoy the show without taking any. My seats were close enough but I didn't want to annoy the folks behind me.  I took my youngest son, Dillon, and he enjoyed his first Joe show from the 2nd row.  We sat still and were entertained by a world-class group of musicians, and we were happy as clams.
I have pics from several earlier shows and I'm just lucky to have the experience. As long as I can keep going to the shows, I can do without taking lots of pictures.  At the Surf Ballroom and C.Y. Stephens Auditorium I took enough for all of us!

Indeed, I think taking a few pics is fine, but if I was stuck behind someone videoing the whole show I would find it really distracting and annoying.

Is audio taping still allowed?