Topic: Hi Guys

Let me re-introduce myself:

I was introduced to Joe by a friend (Carmona) who saw him when he was 11 or 12 years old.  He said if he ever comes to the south you got to see him.  Well in 2002 Joe was playing a private gig for a radio station in Greenville, SC.  I got some free tickets and we drove down from Charlotte, NC and the rest is history.   We have traveled all over to see Joe perform and have seen him grow in popularity as each year passes. 

Been married for 31 years, have two children, 23 and 19.  I have worked for a computer company for 28 years and originally from Atlanta.  I have lived in GA, FLA, SC, VA and now NC.  My first concert was Led Zep in Mar. of 1970.  Saw the Allmans Brothers numerous times with Duane, and was invited to the big house on several occasions when in college.  Music has always been a big part of my life even though I don't play an instrument.  Have been tons of different shows over the years and in different venues, time doesn't allow to post but Muddy Waters was indeed a highlite in the mid-seventies.  Also saw Ray Charles, with Albert King, Freddie King and BB King back in the early seventies at a Blues Festival in Atlanta.  Oh yeah, we went to the Cream 2005 reunion concert at the Madison Square Garden which was electric!

Lys and I have met some really nice people from the forum and at various shows.

Look forward to some more great shows with you guys down the road...

Music is good for the Soul...

2 (edited by cathysiler 2007-09-13 17:27:00)

Re: Hi Guys

1000!!!!!!! Way to go David!!!!! After meeting at Crossrads, I can add that David is a true gentleman and music lover. Proud to consider you one of my Bonabuddy's and crew mate on Starship Bonamassa. Hope to cross paths again....Now, are you Bonametal #2?..We'll have to check with Jane....Cathy

David A ........... Congratulations on Reaching The 1000 post Mark ........ Has your typing Speed increased    lol

Great reading your posts and thoughts

................................. Michael

PS .... David Send me an E-Mail ( Have DVD of Green Man , Barnet , London , 2005 , For You on Reaching your Status )

I Know you was at that show (  That was my first Joe Show )

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Congrats dude!

JANE H...........................1790
DAVID A.........................1000
CATHYSILER.....................826
BLUESMAN.......................807
PATTYLUVSJOE.................784
DAVID..............................702
BILL S..............................681
ANGELA...........................613
NPB_EST.1979.................653
ROCKET...........................585
KWSJB1238.....................582
DEEZER............................575
SHREDIT...........................570
ZOSOZEP7........................515

Again, I'm sure I missed someone!...sorry

Hey David,
     Cheers to ya' on your BONAMETAL achievement !!  Your posts are like hearing from an old friend and I had always thought of you, even though we have never met, as a gentle-man.  And I see Cathy has confirmed that for me as she has met you in person.  I think you should celebrate and I can't think of anything better than putting on Joe, glass of wine, and kick back....aaaahhhhhh.........   

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S
                                              O   smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile
                                              N
                                              G   smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile
                                              R
                                              A   smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile
                                              T U L A T I O N S  D A V I D !!!

pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

David,
Congratulations on your 1000 post! It sounds like you've been a part of some truly wonderful musical events. I'll never forget our chance meeting at the EC fan club gathering at the Chicago Hilton this past July, and later that night meeting you and Lys at the HOB. That was a lot of fun, but much too brief. Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet again at one of Joe's shows. Cheers to you David!

YEAH David!!  Congratulations on reaching 1000 posts.  I so enjoy reading your posts and I hope to get a chance to meet you at a show of Joe's one day.  Keep posting away.

.....Barbara

Thanks everybody for your kind posts.  Look forward to meeting some of you guys "On the Road"....

Yeah David!  BONAMETAL!!  Congratulations, I love reading your posts...:)

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

Congratulations from Holland with reaching BONAMETAL!! Hope you never stop posting on the forum.
Hope to meet you once at a Joe show!1

Andre Wittebroek.

<<Oh yeah, we went to the Cream 2005 reunion concert at the Madison Square Garden which was electric!>>

You got that right Dave.....I was there 10/5.  And was lucky enough to have a friend send me the boot of that night.....

That was a once in a lifetime night.....

They're at home still runnin' for bells
Better San Juan
Than that blue collar hell

1k fantastic David.Looking forward to my 1k birthday.

My first gig was Queen. A Night at The Opera tour, at the Glasgow Apollo. They played Bohemian Rhapsody for fecks sake!

Peace and jam

millhouse smile:):):):):):):)

"Stars fall like tears from your eyes"

David,
I'm a bit late, but congrats on reaching Bonametal status.
My first show was at the Chicago Ampitheater (no longer in existence), where I saw Deep Purple backed up by Billy Preston and a new, unknown band from Texas by the name of ZZ top. ZZ Top played first and blew the roof off the place.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Thanks Bill and Millhouse,  Queen and Deep Purple, those must of have been some memorable shows.  A little ol band from Texas, before they were known!  We saw them in 76 in Atlanta on their world tour!  Awesome band back in those days, still not bad too...

michael*lynch wrote:

David A ........... Congratulations on Reaching The 1000 post Mark ........ Has your typing Speed increased    lol

Great reading your posts and thoughts

................................. Michael

PS .... David Send me an E-Mail ( Have DVD of Green Man , Barnet , London , 2005 , For You on Reaching your Status )

I Know you was at that show (  That was my first Joe Show )

I must be getting old!  Completely missed the point, the fact, the unbridled truth that Michael's first show was at the Green Man in London.  Talk about uncanny!  Michael thanks for the reminder and the DVDs, awesome! 

p.s. That was Joe's last show in England for his first tour over there.  He said he would be back for many more and he has not disappointed.

Hmm, too bad I didn't get on this page this summer..we we're at the Crossroads Festival in Chicago this summer also.  It would have been great to meet up with folks we knew!!!

Spongy 9

"If I could choose a place to die, it would be in your arms"-Eric Clapton