109 (edited by Ian916 2013-07-17 12:16:11)

Re: Gov't Mule

bump827 wrote:

I bought a Rega PL 6 with the Rega preamp

nice.... through what speakers?

.... warning hi-fi geek alert

ps European Tour recordings for download have gone up on Mule.net

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

110 (edited by bump827 2013-07-17 16:03:29)

Ian916 wrote:
bump827 wrote:

I bought a Rega PL 6 with the Rega preamp

nice.... through what speakers?

.... warning hi-fi geek alert

ps European Tour recordings for download have gone up on Mule.net

Polk RTiA3 front and rear on matching Polk floor stands, Polk PSW125 Subwoofer and Polk CSiA6 center channel. Marantz SR7007 Receiver and Marantz UD 7007 DVD/ BluRay.

Alan

Kenny wrote:
Tim S wrote:

Give a little respect to Deep Purple. Old ......... well yes. Lets see how some of the other "youngsters" do when they approach 70. Purples last cd was great so there is still some of the old spark there.

Would totally agree with the Now What? album - can't stop playing it and looking forward to seeing them in October.

Enjoy the show in October and wish I could see them again as its been years since I've seen them. Can't stop with the cd either and right now its my favorite of the year so far.

Mule coming to Pittsburgh Sept. 18.  Never saw before, looking forward to it!  Love Warren's voice.

Woo woo.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Just got tickets for Best Buy in NY on September 17

Alan

bump827 wrote:

Geez the Best Buy stores here in Virginia don't cost a thing to get in the door. How about Home Depot do you need tickets there too? If so that would definitely cost me a fortune. lol

Tim S wrote:
bump827 wrote:

Geez the Best Buy stores here in Virginia don't cost a thing to get in the door. How about Home Depot do you need tickets there too? If so that would definitely cost me a fortune. lol

Loewes would cost us more lol.

Alan

Hi i`m geekfreak, MULE FAN. Looking to chat to other MULE FANS. OUT THERE .

its only realities rat race sucks...switch on MUSIC...
nerds, geeks, freaks and vinyl junkies...are the truthful ones!

Welcome. Plenty of fellow worshippers on here including the man himself I believe.

Still kicking myself for missing the Mule on Monday night in Hamburg. But it couldn't be done. Thats how it goes sometimes. Hopefully they'll be back again soon, or Warren at least, again, solo with band.

MikeH

No Hits, No Hype.......................Classic Rock Jan 2012

Welcome geekfreak. Gathering of the Vibes next week for me.

Alan

hansamike wrote:

Hopefully they'll be back again soon MikeH

Probably in November as Warren says.
Günter

Rock On and Keep the Faith

Guenter wrote:
hansamike wrote:

Hopefully they'll be back again soon MikeH

Probably in November as Warren says.
Günter

As long as it isn't NYE. Usually reserved for Beacon in NY

Alan

Gov't Mule was together with Virgil And The Accelerators the best band on the Blues Festival at Peer Belgium.
Walter from Belgium

Our 4 shows in 5 days trip was exhausting, but worth every single minute!
Every Mule show is a bag of surprises, you never know what you're getting and all the shows had a completely different character: Bonn was a classic rocking Mule festival set (that DID make Purple look very old btw), Hamburg's a little more obscure setlist with lots of High & Mighty material and an out of this world "I'd rather go blind" was probably the best show out of the 4 we saw. And they played "Lazy" how it had to be played as opposed to the Purple version we heard the night before, sorry to say that. wink
The two shows in Tuttlingen and Winterbach were just as much fun with great covers like "Going out west" and many of their own songs I hadn't heard live before. It's always great to see how they use their whole catalog of songs for their shows, not just some cemented "best of" songs off of every album like so many other bands do - and also how the music is in a continuous flow, always changing and happening in the moment.

So Mike, never miss a Mule show - you will always regret it! wink

Eva

Absolutely Eva. I learned years ago that Warren - with Mule - rarely repeats songs from show to show. Seemingly no matter how close the shows are. We saw a show in Atlantic City years ago and I had seen the set list from Maryland the night before. Not one song the same.

Plus Warren seems to get inspiration from where the show is. I saw Mule play Central Park years ago in sight of where John Lennon had lived (The Dakota - Yoko still lives there) and he played "Working Class Hero". How appropriate!

Alan

interesting mini review there, thank you Eva.

- love the fact that you never know what you are going to get with a Mule show and even when it is a song that you have never heard before such as happened at their recent London show when they played songs from their forthcoming album they are still really enjoyable, - Warren is such a good writer. - "Funny Little Tragedy" http://youtu.be/l8gJFcjqbaM - sorry sound quality is not so good but I was right in front of Jurgen's speakers. And, yes, that is David and Pets's head! smile

Over the years I have seen so many bands that will play stuff that you have not heard before and they struggle as the audience  interest wanes.

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

Thanks for the video. The new songs all sound very, very promising ... we got "Captured" (already a hit), "World boss" and "Funny little tragedy" during our shows. September 24th! smile

And as far as "Working class hero" - that was a constant request from someone in the audience who also went to all the shows! I think he never played it here in Europe. I don't think they ended up playing that one, but they did do "War pigs" after it's been requested (by banner) for many shows. So putting a request in is always worth trying, haha!

Hopefully it works out for November - for me the next Warren experience coming up is the ABB at Jones Beach and it Hartford thanks to the "New York connection". wink

Eva

there was although scared to live in winterbach.....................................................aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah what a band.
always a new experience to see them and you never know what he puts out of his case. hoping for november.
Thomas