1 (edited by airportdon 2013-07-03 15:18:21)

Topic: White Flying V used by Joe for sale

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-GIBSON-FLY … 2ec8e80a69
Cool Story.....has paperwork

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

2 (edited by ZeyerGTR 2013-07-03 16:09:25)

Re: White Flying V used by Joe for sale

I feel for the guy.  Autism is just draining - emotionally, physically, and financially.  Hope the sale goes well, I'm sure the money will make a big impact in his kid's life.

:-) I might get accused of being insensitive (trust me I am not and am familiar with the disease in my family), but I remember this post:
https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic.php?id=23709

Not presuming, just wondering…just playing the sympathy card?  Desperate times one will settle for less not ask for more…just a bit baffled.  It's summertime, seems like a charity pig roast down at the fire hall might bring in a little bit more clear money And the guitars could be hung onto.

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

"Played once by Joe Bonamassa." lol

A 1990 Flying V isn't worth more than $500-800 used no matter who played it. $4000 is toward the outrageous. I realize Joe touched it once and his kid has autism, but those things don't make it worth more. sad

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

5 (edited by Rocket 2013-07-03 19:35:21)

NPB_EST.1979 wrote:

"Played once by Joe Bonamassa." lol

A 1990 Flying V isn't worth more than $500-800 used no matter who played it. $4000 is toward the outrageous. I realize Joe touched it once and his kid has autism, but those things don't make it worth more. sad

My buddy says maybe worth a liberal 900...3500-900=2400...
Fire hall chicken "BBQ" can raise $2,400.00 easy...

Joe's "use" of the guitar isn't the only "used by abuse" going going "gone" on in his name.  But this seems to be a pattern and blatant.  Sorry, I won't call bs, but something smells a little like it here...

Not Jest spraying,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

I think I would sh*t bricks if I heard Joe play Lights Out!

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

BarbieD wrote:

I think I would sh*t bricks if I heard Joe play Lights Out!

Me too!

Not my guitar. I used an A  series Korina reissue Gibson when I went to audition at Pete Way's house.

Don't not buy it based that it was my guitar.  Cause it wasn't. It's a ghost story.

Troubling to say the least.

Joe B

...logged into Ebay...tried to ask him a question,like... you seen Joe's post about this guitar on his forum,its fake.... but guess what... he aint taking no questions! ...surprise!? ...anybody else wanna try!? ...fuzzer!

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Rocket and Pete......go to hell

The guitar is mine and I am a huge joe fan and long time supporter of all things Joe. Call bonamassa guitars anfpd talk to Robert. He sold me the guitar and gave me the letter. So if anything is not authentic about it, it's on him, not me! Robert is a great guy. His son is also autistic.

And take your firewall idea and can it. My wife and I work 4 jobs between us and still have a hard time meeting the financial strains of my daughters autism.

I put the guitar up to raise some much needed money. If someone buys it, great, if not, so be it. It kills me to have to sell it.

I also have 2 others up for sale which I have stated I will keep the v if one of those sells.

You guys are something else, ya know. What business of it is yours? I also read some other redneck post about Joe saying its fake. Well I guess joe can call me. My number is in the ad. In fact....any of you that have a problem, call me. If it is fake, I guess I have a problem with Robert and bonamassa guitars too.

Maybe this will help clear things up. Have a great day.

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Not my guitar. I used an A  series Korina reissue Gibson when I went to audition at Pete Way's house.

Don't not buy it based that it was my guitar.  Cause it wasn't. It's a ghost story.

Troubling to say the least.

Joe B

Well Joe, I just saw your post. I have a serious problem with Robert then. I will pull down the ad this afternoon and give him a call. He told me he checked with you about selling it. So I gipuess I'm the one who got had. It's troubling that Robert would do this and authenticate it on your Dad's letterhead.

It takes a lot more love and patience than money to raise an autistic child. I wish you well. My nephew is autistic. He's now happily married with two fine sons, a house and two bachelors degrees! There is hope.

btw.. over on the MLP forum, I see that you scooped up a killer amp! Sweet deal!!!

Happy Independence Day! Be safe this weekend y'all.

Spider wrote:

It takes a lot more love and patience than money to raise an autistic child. I wish you well. My nephew is autistic. He's now happily married with two fine sons, a house and two bachelors degrees! There is hope.

btw.. over on the MLP forum, I see that you scooped up a killer amp! Sweet deal!!!

Happy Independence Day! Be safe this weekend y'all.

Thanks spider. Yes, I was glad to fin d the afd. I had to sell my Carol Ann and my Silver jubilee because of all this. I play out on the weekends for extra$, so this will have to do. I am down to a few guitars and now one amp.

I'm not looking for sympathy or charity, but I'm also not looking for anyone to belittle me when they know nothing about my situation as some have here. I am pulling the V down until I straighten things out and find out what the deal is.

14 (edited by jbyrd1 2013-07-04 11:45:06)

I have pulled the V off of eBay until I can get the real story. I have had a ton of correspondence from Bob, who wrote and signed the letter you saw in the ad. He swears by his story that the letter is 100% accurate.

I will be following up with Bonamassa guitars as soon as possible.

I didn't forge that letter, I didn't write it, sign it, or come up with the letterhead. If it turns out it is false, I will pursue the issue to the full extent, because that means I got duped. I will reserve judgement until I look into it further, but I assure you guys, there was absolutely no ill intentions on my part. My phone number is in the ad, and I have nothing to hide. Perfect feedback on the my les paul forum and on eBay. I only listed it as it was presented to me and stated in the letter.

As far as price goes, I paid 2800 for the guitar. With eBay and paypal fees, the opening bid would have netted me my money back. That's all I was looking for.

You don't need sympathy or charity, yet you felt the need to disclose the reason you were selling the guitar was due to having a child with autism, medical bills etc..

I'm not saying I don't believe you, I just think it might have been better not to give a reason in the description at all. People might ask why you're selling, I'd just say due to financial reasons. Sorry you paid almost 3k for a guitar just because someone famous allegedly played it.

helrazr84 wrote:

You don't need sympathy or charity, yet you felt the need to disclose the reason you were selling the guitar was due to having a child with autism, medical bills etc..

I'm not saying I don't believe you, I just think it might have been better not to give a reason in the description at all. People might ask why you're selling, I'd just say due to financial reasons. Sorry you paid almost 3k for a guitar just because someone famous allegedly played it.

I don't care what anyone thinks about my ad to be honest. As for paying what I did, I had emails from 8 different people about buying the guitar after I pulled it down. It would have sold, so I guess I'm not the only one who would pay that.

Allegedly? When the co- owner of Bonamssa guitars tells me something, and then authenticates it with a signed letter on company letterhead, silly me for believing it.

17 (edited by jbyrd1 2013-07-04 21:58:36)

As for joe being troubled....he should be. But not by me. This guitar was sold to me by someone he knows. That someone stated what it was, put it in writing, and signed it. The fact that the info was false is called fraud.

If I were Joe, the fact that fraudulent things are going out on Bonamassa guitars letterheads would trouble me. I pulled the guitar down, and I will pursue whatever action I need to to rectify the situation.

I realize this has nothing to do with Joe. I'm glad he chimed in here and I found out before I sold the guitar.

I'm just a joe fan like the rest of you. That's what brought me to this site to begin with. I have spent thousands on Joe's stuff. CDs, DVDs, tickets, aged signature guitars, etc.. I don't know why people jumped on me about this.

Oh well, we will see how it shakes out.

I hope it works out!

Block inlay Gibson ES-335, 50th anniversary American Strat, '61 RI White SG, '62 RI Relic Strat, Replica Korina Flying V, Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator,  '58 Les Paul RI, American Highway 1 Fender Strat, Breedlove Acoustic, Stonetree Joe Bonamassa Custom, HIWATT Lead 100R, Reeves Custom 30.