Topic: Problem with Meet and Greet

Hey fellow Joe Freaks,

Andy Winninger told me that if I were to put up flyers and hand them out around Manhattan he'd set up a meet and greet with Joe for my friend and I when he comes to the Beacon. I sent him pictures of what I've done about two weeks ago and still have not heard back from him. I'm getting slightly concerned because the show is on May 18th and I have been looking forward to this since I found out it was going to happen. I was hoping someone could be assistance and either get in contact with him or know how to help me out. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Check out the Joe Bonamassa Instagram! Joebonamassafans is updated daily with awesome pictures and I'll upload any pictures you guys email me @ joebonamassafans@gmail.com

Support Joe Bonamassa! (link to his online store) http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1749

Re: Problem with Meet and Greet

This might help you.

https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic.php?id=22652

That may not help unless it might explain why he hasn't heard back. I would guess that there was an extraordinary demand for the Meet and Greets available for this run of shows. Some markets have less demand so it is much easier to accommodate the requests. There are three shows at the Beacon and another night might of had less demand. You don't know though until you are told but that could be hard to do notifying not only those that were selected and those that weren't . It is a daunting task to keep up with it all. I would assume that space was not available. I don't think Andy would of made a promise if he didn't intend on keeping it but the policy is putting up fliers is taken into consideration.

Sorry guys and hope I didn't confuse things. Jim I'm sure you are right about the heavy demand for the Beacon shows and hope that egettler92 gets to go to the M & G and will hear something soon.

Tim S wrote:

Sorry guys and hope I didn't confuse things. Jim I'm sure you are right about the heavy demand for the Beacon shows and hope that egettler92 gets to go to the M & G and will hear something soon.

yea you're not the only one haha

Check out the Joe Bonamassa Instagram! Joebonamassafans is updated daily with awesome pictures and I'll upload any pictures you guys email me @ joebonamassafans@gmail.com

Support Joe Bonamassa! (link to his online store) http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1749

Good luck dude. I volunteered for the Street Team and never heard back from them.

Alan

bump827 wrote:

Good luck dude. I volunteered for the Street Team and never heard back from them.

I tried joining the Street Team back in October '12 and had just about given up or figured I had made a mistake with my limited computer skills.  I sent several e-mails to whatever address I could find poking around the web.

Then in February I received a reply from Andrew when he took over the Street Team and as Director for Joe's non profit, "Keeping The Blues Alive".

I wrote back a long e-mail to express how much Joe's music means to me, weeks later out of the Blue came a reply.

I have offered my help in many ways with creative suggestions and reports in about what I had been doing.  My only motivation was to spread the word, so someone who hadn't heard of Joe might find out what Joe's music is all about.

I found this Forum and in doing that, found the guidelines for requesting Meet & Greet.   I wrote to Andrew to say I found I had missed the deadline for request for the Beacon show by a few days, but I would put in a timely request for the Reno show.

That didn't change my commitment for taking the time out of my trip to visit with my daughter, who lives in Brooklyn, and enlisted her help and her roommates help to help promote the Beacon shows.

I was completely astounded when I received an offer from Andrew to go to the M&G on May 17th.  I was in no way expecting that and was only hoping my track record and timely request might get me into the M&G for the Reno Show.

I do know that while your e-mail may not get a response, they DO get read.   I can't imagine what it must be like to wear two hats for both Street Team and KTBA Foundation, for a guy like Joe who is " Always on the Road ".

I also know when you join the Street Team, then you start to get the newsletter.   As far a s I know, you don't get some kind of registration number or designation.

"Ask not what Joe can do for you, ask what you can do for Joe" I guess is the best way to say how I approached working for the Street Team.

I am incredibly grateful for the unexpected reward I was gifted with.    I won't be asking for a M&G for the Reno show now  so I leave room for someone else to get their first chance, and I won't let up on all the Street Team efforts either.

Have a little Faith and Patience and keep sowing good things back to Joe and good things come back to you.

That has just been my experience.   If for some reason you have fallen thru a crack, keep up the good work and good things will come your way.

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

May 18 is still more than a week away.  You still have a good chance to hear from Andy.  He's dealing with many shows between now and then.  Hang in there.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Well guys, I have good news, Andy emailed me today and confirmed the Meet and Greet! I appreciate all the advise from you guys. Joe fans are truly caring and it's a nice thing to see. I'm so excited to get to tell Joe how much his music means to me and then see him at the Beacon again. I'll be sure to post some pictures on the forum. Thanks again guys!

10 (edited by sally12333 2013-05-10 19:46:21)

Jo and egettler, SO happy for both of you! Nothing quite as exciting as getting that M&G!

Nice for your daughter too Jo, meeting Joe at her very first show.  How lucky.  Can't beat it!

Yayyyy.

Just for chuckles, here is a post of my M&G experience last year:

"A little off topic but I have heard stories of people going deaf and dumb at M&Gs, forgetting to give Joe their gift, etc.  Months before my treasured M&G, I v-e-r-y carefully drafted and re-edited my list of 5 quick things, plus bullet points under each, I wanted to cover with Joe.  It was perfectly organized and designed to be extremely time-efficient to fit into the 2-3 minute window, and I also had 2 small gifts as well. 

So, we were told Joe was running late, but that the M&G had to end at 5:00 sharp.  As time passed we were all getting really concerned that Joe was OK, and praying no harm had come to him!  So he arrives like at 4:45, thank God in perfect health!  But by the time I got in front of him I was a nervous wreck.  Not so much star struck (well, ok, yeah I was) but mostly didn't want to take more time than allocated, but I was so frazzled it's a wonder anything came out of my mouth that was even in my native language.  My daughter was with me, her first show and I completely forget to introduce her to Joe.  Honestly felt like my brain was completely disconnected.  And 2 of my 5 topics went completely by the wayside.  At the conclusion of my idiot act, we were in such a hurry that we started to walk away before the crew guy could take our picture and he had to call after us since he had our camera.  Now Joe thinks at least one of his fans is totally kookoo.

Bottom line, never know what will happen regardless of preparation!  I'm sure it will go much better for you. Relax and enjoy it."

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

sally12333 wrote:

Jo and egettler, SO happy for both of you! Nothing quite as exciting as getting that M&G!

Nice for your daughter too Jo, meeting Joe at her very first show.  How lucky.  Can't beat it!

Yayyyy.

Just for chuckles, here is a post of my M&G experience last year:

"A little off topic but I have heard stories of people going deaf and dumb at M&Gs, forgetting to give Joe their gift, etc.  Months before my treasured M&G, I v-e-r-y carefully drafted and re-edited my list of 5 quick things, plus bullet points under each, I wanted to cover with Joe.  It was perfectly organized and designed to be extremely time-efficient to fit into the 2-3 minute window, and I also had 2 small gifts as well. 

So, we were told Joe was running late, but that the M&G had to end at 5:00 sharp.  As time passed we were all getting really concerned that Joe was OK, and praying no harm had come to him!  So he arrives like at 4:45, thank God in perfect health!  But by the time I got in front of him I was a nervous wreck.  Not so much star struck (well, ok, yeah I was) but mostly didn't want to take more time than allocated, but I was so frazzled it's a wonder anything came out of my mouth that was even in my native language.  My daughter was with me, her first show and I completely forget to introduce her to Joe.  Honestly felt like my brain was completely disconnected.  And 2 of my 5 topics went completely by the wayside.  At the conclusion of my idiot act, we were in such a hurry that we started to walk away before the crew guy could take our picture and he had to call after us since he had our camera.  Now Joe thinks at least one of his fans is totally kookoo.

Bottom line, never know what will happen regardless of preparation!  I'm sure it will go much better for you. Relax and enjoy it."

Thanks for the tips!     I will rehearse and my daughter has a pretty good head on her shoulders to step in, if I get rattled..   Really looking forward to getting the picture taken.   I have something for Joe to sign and 2 small gifts as well.  I figured large size gifts could get awkward logistically speaking.

I have given my daughter many good things in her life, but I know this will be one of the BEST!

So Glad the M&G came through for egettler! 

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo

egettler92 wrote:

Well guys, I have good news, Andy emailed me today and confirmed the Meet and Greet! I appreciate all the advise from you guys. Joe fans are truly caring and it's a nice thing to see. I'm so excited to get to tell Joe how much his music means to me and then see him at the Beacon again. I'll be sure to post some pictures on the forum. Thanks again guys!

Nice! Congrats and have fun!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Glad to see by your new Avatar that you had a great time!    I did too.

Joe is the BEST!!

Tahoe Jo

Tahoe Jo