1 (edited by nmagcorn 2013-03-26 09:05:09)

Topic: Joe Bonamassa "business cards"

I don't know if this has been brought up before, and I didn't feel like doing a search wink, but it would be really cool to have small cards to hand out to people when you are talking to them about Joe. The street teaming promo cards that Andy sends out are fine for businesses, but they're large for personal use. So instead of like 500 postcards that are show specific, maybe at least 100 could be business card size with a nice picture of Joe, a one line statement of who he is, on the back some links to different projects, ie Rock Candy, Vienna Acoustic, and a blues/rock(Beacon) and maybe one of those little symbols that people take pictures of with their smart phones to get them information. They also would be relevant at any time of year instead of the promo cards which are basically advertising one specific show and date. I was at a family dinner last night with over 40 people, and there were some who I hadn't seen in a while and others who I had never met, so of course I started talking about Joe to them. Even herded them into a room with a computer after dinner to show them different youtube videos. It would have been great to have had cards to give them so they could refer back to what I had told them. Many times I don't have a pen or paper, but almost always have my wallet, and a few cards would fit fine in there. Just an idea for helping to spread the word of Joe.

Re: Joe Bonamassa "business cards"

nmagcorn wrote:

I don't know if this has been brought up before, and I didn't feel like doing a search wink, but it would be really cool to have small cards to hand out to people when you are talking to them about Joe. The street teaming promo cards that Andy sends out are fine for businesses, but they're large for personal use. So instead of like 500 postcards that are show specific, maybe at least 100 could be business card size with a nice picture of Joe, a one line statement of who he is, on the back some links to different projects, ie Rock Candy, Vienna Acoustic, and a blues/rock(Beacon) and maybe one of those little symbols that people take pictures of with their smart phones to get them information. They also would be relevant at any time of year instead of the promo cards which are basically advertising one specific show and date. I was at a family dinner last night with over 40 people, and there were some who I hadn't seen in a while and others who I had never met, so of course I started talking about Joe to them. Even herded them into a room with a computer after dinner to show them different youtube videos. It would have been great to have had cards to give them so they could refer back to what I had told them. Many times I don't have a pen or paper, but almost always have my wallet, and a few cards would fit fine in there. Just an idea for helping to spread the word of Joe.

Hey nmagcorn,

I totally agree. I am still giving out the last of the business cards that we were able to purchase via JBXP although I have since modified the images I have attached here. They had several designs to choose from that you could purchase at a reasonable price and customize with your name, etc... It was through a partnership with Vista Print so if J&R still has the relationship with them, perhaps they could change the offerings from using a custom JBXP URL to using some of the suggestions you mention above.

Here is what my old JBXP cards look like:

Front: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-zKWW … BFront.jpg

Back: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-vKqt … 2BBack.jpg

Let's hope this becomes a reality!

Jim

Support Joe - buy stuff: http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1501

The only thing needed for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

Great idea! I want some.

It has been brought up before going back to probably 2007 or so, and they were available. As I recall, it was a PDF file that one could take to a printer and print however many you wanted.

Not surprised you didn't find it in search.

5 (edited by Rocket 2013-05-26 19:23:45)

I'd rather wear a sandwich board than hand somebody something they are going to trash. 

I don't get it.  I mean, I do, as far as having business cards, a great idea for those who wouldn't be caught naked in a sandwich board "flyer"...but, business cards, in my opinion only, are are like those cheap stickers with your return address on them...1,000 for a dollar.  They are so cheap, and quality is far beyond what "was" "standard" for decades...now you can customize and get really "spiffy".  Why not make them or remake your own Street Team creatively created cards instead of a corporate sponsored that you'll probably spend more on for shipping than local printers, who, hint, hint, really are in need of your business?  I mean, I would LOVE a really fancy card by J & R, I suppose at a premium price.  But there are enough talented fans out there, someone, can surely come up with a popular design or 10 and pass them around?  I am not sure if anyone is implying they should be like sheriff's badges for your civic leadership in promoting all Joe Bonamassa all the time every which way short of "tagging" in the local byways and geographical highways.  Those would have to be approved and released few doubts. 

Let me be clear I think cards are great, just not for me.  I got a mouth.  Works OT for free.  What a deal, what a steal!  However.....................someone put out a home or travel temporary tattoo business card kit with a 3 day minimum skin residency, I'm all IN!!! With a pick 1 free download on every design....and a check YouTube, check Dime note also...with a free phone app portion that all is needed is sweep and it loads... hmm neutral  ...to something special

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

ps-oh yeah, almost forgot-anyone spots a Joe "Tag", make sure it is someone else's creation first
( wink ) and then get a photo! big_smile

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:

I'd rather wear a sandwich board than hand somebody something they are going to trash. 

I don't get it.  I mean, I do, as far as having business cards, a great idea for those who wouldn't be caught naked in a sandwich board "flyer"...but, business cards, in my opinion only, are are like those cheap stickers with your return address on them...1,000 for a dollar.  They are so cheap, and quality is far beyond what "was" "standard" for decades...now you can customize and get really "spiffy".  Why not make them or remake your own Street Team creatively created cards instead of a corporate sponsored that you'll probably spend more on for shipping than local printers, who, hint, hint, really are need of your business?  I mean, I would LOVE a really fancy card by J & R, I suppose at a premium price.  But there are enough talented fans out there, someone, can surely come up with a popular design or 10 and pass them around?  I am not sure if anyone is implying they should be like sheriff's badges for your civic leadership in promoting all Joe Bonamassa all the time every which way short of "tagging" in the local byways and geographical highways.  Those would have to be approved and released few doubts. 

Let me be clear I think cards are great, just not for me.  I got a mouth.  Works OT for free.  What a deal, what a steal!  However.....................someone put out a home or travel temporary tattoo business card kit with a 3 day minimum skin residency, I'm all IN!!! With a pick 1 free download on every design....and a check YouTube, check Dime note also...with a free phone app portion that all is needed is sweep and it loads... hmm neutral  ...to something special

Rocket

ps-oh yeah, almost forgot-anyone spots a Joe "Tag", make sure it is someone else's creation first ( wink ) and then get a photo! big_smile

Any cards should use QR codes to link to the promotion of the week/day/month.  Temp tattoos that last 2-3 days are pretty reasonably priced though in biz card size could run into some $$.  And you have to be careful not to spill coconut rum all over them before you put them on. wink

I can't seem to find any cards from the first printing of the file that a friend of mine made for us to download. It used a photo from a photographer that I used early on. It read very simply "If you like your blues to rock check out Joe Bonamassa" and the web address. I carried them around because when you were spreading the gospel like Rocket does people just didn't understand the name. You would have to write it down and hand it to them. This way it was already written and the web address was too. The was downloadable off of Stu' original Street Team site I believe. Maybe the first official Street Team site too. Can't remember. Also printed up several thousand that we mailed out to those that wanted them and didn't have the ability to print themselves.

8 (edited by Rocket 2013-05-26 23:22:34)

Yes, Jim, I definitely have had to do a lot of writing "Joe Bonamassa" and "jbonamassa.com" down for people.  Fortunately, when I prescribe Joe Bonamassa / jbonamassa.com I do not have the terrible handwriting of doctors, rather I skip cursive altogether (never use it anywhere anyhow, beyond signatures).  After having someone or at least one in a group of teens repeatedly repeat "Bona-massa, Bona-massa, Bonamassa, I'd go for writing on anything.  Strangely, I had quite a few requests to write ON a person, across quite a diverse range of age and sex spectrums...

I've actually pondered this over a lot overnight, and I think I am going to give custom cards a try.  I just cannot go for "average", so anyone gots the urge to splurge on talents or advice...hep!

Note to patent attorney: Tattoos must be designed to chemically react positively with coconut rum such that an embedded acrylic appearance of changing colors dependent on skin temperature for duration of tattoo results, with added requirement that the tattoos are also waterproof in fresh and salt waters.
tongue

Rock ON & Keep the Teeming Faith,
Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Love the business card idea!!!!

Self-Professed "GOLDIE" Nut-Job!!!!

JBLP #267

My son is home for the summer and he is pretty creative. He made some cool cards for himself regarding his book that have that symbol for the smartphones. He and I can team up on this and see what we come up with.

holdemxpert wrote:
Rocket wrote:

I don't get it.  I mean, I do, as far as having business cards, a great idea for those who wouldn't be caught naked in a sandwich board "flyer"...but, business cards, in my opinion only, are are like those cheap stickers with your return address on them...1,000 for a dollar.  They are so cheap, and quality is far beyond what "was" "standard" for decades...now you can customize and get really "spiffy".  Why not make them or remake your own Street Team creatively created cards instead of a corporate sponsored that you'll probably spend more on for shipping than local printers, who, hint, hint, really are need of your business?  I mean, I would LOVE a really fancy card by J & R, I suppose at a premium price.  But there are enough talented fans out there, someone, can surely come up with a popular design or 10 and pass them around?  I am not sure if anyone is implying they should be like sheriff's badges for your civic leadership in promoting all Joe Bonamassa all the time every which way short of "tagging" in the local byways and geographical highways.  Those would have to be approved and released few doubts. 

Rocket

ps-oh yeah, almost forgot-anyone spots a Joe "Tag", make sure it is someone else's creation first ( wink ) and then get a photo! big_smile

Any cards should use QR codes to link to the promotion of the week/day/month.  Temp tattoos that last 2-3 days are pretty reasonably priced though in biz card size could run into some $$.  And you have to be careful not to spill coconut rum all over them before you put them on. wink

Excellent point(s)!  Coordinate and integrate them, so something like THIS:
http://bonapoints.elasticbeanstalk.com/ … tion=share can play out with print out$ of actions and usefulness. wink

Can serve practical two purposes at once-exposure and more metrics for database(s).   

Getting closer...

Rocket

Jane H. wrote:

Jim i have looked around for that file and no luck yet.
I really liked it because it was a striking B+W phot and said "if you like your blues to rock"...
and joe's name and web address (main site)

the jbxp cards got a bit off from what i felt was street team, it was more a way to promote that actual site than Joe's music i felt but anyway that is history.

I alwasy had the impression and have been given feedback that as long as you keep it simple and respectful and respresent yourself as a fan, things like this are good to spread the word.
i had alot of fun handing these things out in the past and are easy to keep handy etc.

i would personally keep it to the main site web adress. too much changes otherwise IMHO and for many years now there has been a free song available via that home page somehow.

you can give your personal testimonials as you are handing out the card.

the office has been quite aware of desire for an official type professional look thing like this. My opinion is that because they had not done so (outside of the jbxp) is because they don't want to?

so like i said, i have never been told it was wrong to make your own if you keep it simple and respectful and represent yourself as a fan
just my two cents

I have the file I can email it to you set up to print in PDF

13 (edited by Rocket 2013-06-06 20:24:25)

jim m wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

Jim i have looked around for that file and no luck yet.
I really liked it because it was a striking B+W phot and said "if you like your blues to rock"...
and joe's name and web address (main site)

the jbxp cards got a bit off from what i felt was street team, it was more a way to promote that actual site than Joe's music i felt but anyway that is history.

I alwasy had the impression and have been given feedback that as long as you keep it simple and respectful and respresent yourself as a fan, things like this are good to spread the word.
i had alot of fun handing these things out in the past and are easy to keep handy etc.

i would personally keep it to the main site web adress. too much changes otherwise IMHO and for many years now there has been a free song available via that home page somehow.

you can give your personal testimonials as you are handing out the card.

the office has been quite aware of desire for an official type professional look thing like this. My opinion is that because they had not done so (outside of the jbxp) is because they don't want to?

so like i said, i have never been told it was wrong to make your own if you keep it simple and respectful and represent yourself as a fan
just my two cents

Jane, perfect! Simple, respectful, and unofficial.  Effective.

Send that off to me also, if you wouldn't mind, jim?

jim m wrote:

I would love it too, Jim. If you have the time.