Re: Another "know it all"

gary wrote:

Critics are a dime a dozen.  Joe's one in a million.

What a great quote!  I have to remember that one.

ZeyerGTR wrote:
gary wrote:

Critics are a dime a dozen.  Joe's one in a million.

What a great quote!  I have to remember that one.

+1. Great line

Alan

Bill S wrote:
frazerburns19 wrote:

Christ, not another 'bash a critic because he doesn't share my opinion purely so i can look good in front of a VERY successful musician in the hopes that he reads this thread', how petty do you have to be to all clamor together and call him a 'moron' and 'know it all' on the forum of the artist he's reviewing?

Stop posting this shite to look good in front of Joe, post it because you have something to say other than pointless 'know it all' insults, the irony is he probably knows a lot more about music than a good majority of us. Joe's a successful, professional musician, there's no need to run to Goliath's aid when David gets lippy (I know David won but this is the real world folks).

As for the condescending remarks of 'I feel sorry for him (the reviewer)', you just ruptured my cringe reflex

Grow up & have a good day

KMA you blowhard.
My feelings hold true regardless of your opinion.
Maybe next time I can reach the gag reflex and you can choke on your own vomit.

Now that's what I call a review.

frazerburns19 wrote:

Christ, not another 'bash a critic because he doesn't share my opinion purely so i can look good in front of a VERY successful musician in the hopes that he reads this thread', how petty do you have to be to all clamor together and call him a 'moron' and 'know it all' on the forum of the artist he's reviewing?

Stop posting this shite to look good in front of Joe, post it because you have something to say other than pointless 'know it all' insults, the irony is he probably knows a lot more about music than a good majority of us. Joe's a successful, professional musician, there's no need to run to Goliath's aid when David gets lippy (I know David won but this is the real world folks).

As for the condescending remarks of 'I feel sorry for him (the reviewer)', you just ruptured my cringe reflex

While I'll never be the expert of the spoken word like Rocket this will suffice for me.

Jamie: You can't get 'em all, Josie.

Josey Wales: That's a fact.

Jamie: How come you're doing this, then?

Josey Wales: Because I ain't got nothin' better to do.

Bill S wrote:
frazerburns19 wrote:

KMA you blowhard.

Just figured out what KMA meant. You have in tears Bill. I saw that one on my Google alert too. I was going to post it but you beat me to it.  I just find it funny the people that don't get it when they see a Joe show. I don't care if they are musicians or music critiques I think they must be the unhappiest soulless people on earth. Those that criticize us for lambasting them I find even harder to understand. We are fans!!!! Dude this is a fan forum. I'm ready to organize a mob and picket the dudes house. What is wrong with him and more importantly what is wrong with him receiving the wrath of our collective disdain for him to dare insult our friend Joe.

You know Frazier if you had any idea that Joe thinks guys like Bill S are his friends and family then I don't believe you would insult him or any of his fans.

42 (edited by Silhouette89 2013-04-30 20:18:32)

Deezer wrote:

The reviewer has the right to post what he pleases. And I have the right to call him an ****. The Constitution holds true! smile

fair enough

Bill S wrote:

KMA you blowhard.

Wow,this blows and maybe shows that frazier hit a nerve??

Also its sad to see this posted on a music board!

Silhouette89 wrote:
Deezer wrote:

The reviewer has the right to post what he pleases. And I have the right to call him an ****. The Constitution holds true! smile

fair enough

Bill S wrote:

KMA you blowhard.

First I'll say read Jim's remarks. This is Joe's Fan's Forum. We never claimed to be objective. Then I'll say you should see the wrath hurled at the critic to whom Joe refers in his post. As for Bill's response, you would also find yourself chuckling if you knew Bill. This is one of the most civil communities in CyberWorld, esp. those related to music.

I'm never surprised anymore by the haters. Joe is tops to me so who gives a bona dang what this guy says.  Like others have said, joe and his shows are better every time I see him. Joe your talent is apparent to all with ears and a brain. This guy has never had the blues!

cathysiler wrote:
Silhouette89 wrote:
Deezer wrote:

fair enough

Bill S wrote:

KMA you blowhard.

First I'll say read Jim's remarks. This is Joe's Fan's Forum. We never claimed to be objective. Then I'll say you should see the wrath hurled at the critic to whom Joe refers in his post. As for Bill's response, you would also find yourself chuckling if you knew Bill. This is one of the most civil communities in CyberWorld, esp. those related to music.

+ 1000

Another perspective from a witness to the controversial Milwaukee spectacle. It appears this one sides with the vast majority here. http://bluesrockreview.com/2013/04/joe- … eatre.html

Robin714 wrote:

Same old same old.  "he who can't  teaches"

Hey now, hey now! No need to be hittin' teachers with stray rounds. Aim more carefully, please...   wink

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

As regards the author of the piece, what must he think of those lunkheads who keep making sure this predictable, boring, derivative, unimaginative artist debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard Blues Charts with each new album he releases...?

That is it, in a nutshell: the ultimate hipster review...

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Coach305 wrote:
Robin714 wrote:

Same old same old.  "he who can't  teaches"

Hey now, hey now! No need to be hittin' teachers with stray rounds. Aim more carefully, please...   wink

My wife's a teacher. Teachers are the backbone of America no matter how much people want to say they're the problem. They're not the problem.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

50 (edited by The RiverCat^-^ 2013-05-01 02:19:09)

jim m wrote:
Bill S wrote:
frazerburns19 wrote:

KMA you blowhard.

Just figured out what KMA meant. You have in tears Bill. I saw that one on my Google alert too. I was going to post it but you beat me to it.  I just find it funny the people that don't get it when they see a Joe show. I don't care if they are musicians or music critiques I think they must be the unhappiest soulless people on earth. Those that criticize us for lambasting them I find even harder to understand. We are fans!!!! Dude this is a fan forum. I'm ready to organize a mob and picket the dudes house. What is wrong with him and more importantly what is wrong with him receiving the wrath of our collective disdain for him to dare insult our friend Joe.

You know Frazier if you had any idea that Joe thinks guys like Bill S are his friends and family then I don't believe you would insult him or any of his fans.

But why is this critic so important that you want to picket his house?  Other than an article, what important thing in this world did he do to merit such a thing?   

One thing Frazer asked of the fans was if you were going to criticize the critic, can you have some substance behind it, instead of just calling him a "moron".  Not everything he said was "Anti-Joe".

corrected my mistake

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

jim m wrote:

They're all his friends & family? God i had no idea, i'd better not have an opinion opposing theirs then either because it's clear that common sense is in the minority here. Let me know when Joe next invites you all for dinner at his house, or when he lets you hold one of his '59 LP's, or texts you to see what your weekend plans are. Friends? Gosh how lovely

I'm quite willing to take all your insults and abuse if it means i get to say what i want to say and do so without resorting to personal name calling myself. I wasn't derogatory, i didn't get personal or needlessly vindictive, and merely questioned the intent of the poster.

As for the person who tried to draw a parallel between this post and me having posted videos of my playing for attention from Joe, look back through my previous posts/topics on my profile (there isn't many) and you'll see that any time i have posted a video (and i only did so a couple of times when i first joined the forum, and haven't since), it's been with the direct purpose of getting advice & feedback from the other members, (for example, my first attempt at Jazz, and advice on becoming a session musician), i've never posted with the approach of 'hey, here's a vid of me playing check it out'. So, in actuality, your statement doesn't apply to me, and all you've done is indirectly insult players like Stefan.

Seeing as i'll probably come under a lot of fire for this post, i'll make sure i mention the fact that i wouldn't be here if i wasn't a massive fan of Joe, and that i listen to his music nearly every day, buy his albums, and attend the shows (without filming them). I'm not here to 'troll', ruffle feathers, or just plain disagree with people for the sake of it, i see things that i don't like now and again, and i point them out directly, without being an insincere smart-arse about it. I don't post on this forum all the time like some of you here, i only post when i feel i actually have something to say.

But yeah, i've decided to play the martyr card now. Bring on the heat

Also, if you're going to flame me, get my @#$%^^&# name right please wink

Me playing Joe's actual Ibanez Tubescreamer pedal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76jk58_vl2s

Tim S wrote:
Bill S wrote:
frazerburns19 wrote:

KMA you blowhard.

Now that's what I call a good avatar.

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

PSmith1946 wrote:
Tim S wrote:
Bill S wrote:

KMA you blowhard.

Now that's what I call a good avatar.

It was taken from an old Leslie West album cover ......... but sometimes its the way I feel trying to learn how to play Joe's songs on the guitar ....... I'm GUITARDED. lol

The negativity in that piece is overwhelming.

It's as if the writer detests writing as much as Joe's music.

I try to steer-clear of people who can highlight nothing but the negative. Having them in your presence can be soul-sucking.