Topic: Joe Show in Rockford

Beth promised me a Headlock. Never did get to meet her. Is she a ficticious character?

Joe was awesome. His new band sucks.

He needs to get back in the stream with Eric & Kenny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Joe Show in Rockford

Uh...no.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

I don't agree with you on that.
Everybody has their right to it's opinion but these guys cerainly don't suck.
Saw this band a couple of times and these guys are great (Bogie,Carmine & Rick).
Getting better together as a band every time I see them play.

4 (edited by photogal 2007-09-03 21:11:20)

drascoe wrote:

Beth promised me a Headlock. Never did get to meet her. Is she a ficticious character?

Joe was awesome. His new band sucks.

He needs to get back in the stream with Eric & Kenny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you can play better than Bogie - (awesome drummer and great guy and friend to many upcoming drummers), Carmine - (look at his resume - I bet yours does not look this good), and Rick who was with Joe on "You and Me" then you can make that statement! I believe you are not qualified to make that statement!

Nuff said.

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

What a wonderful "first post'.................not

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

You know guys, I think this is one of those "baits" we've been warned about., seems to have an agenda,..let this be the last post. Don't bite...Cathy

No this post wasn't a "bait"  It was my dad that left it,  it was his honest opinion!  He is more of a Joe fan than most people.  He is the person that got me turned on to him, along with many other great musicians.  The band is good,  we just didnt feel like they are the same calibur musicians as kenny and eric are.  Mabee it will come more with time.  I personally think alot of it had to do with the energetic showmanship that eric put on when he played.  As far as Joe......... I dont think that theres many guitarists in the buisness today that can even touch him!!!  I cant wait to see how he sounds in a few years or so.

There's suppose to be one showman and one only on stage:

Joe

Belexes wrote:

There's suppose to be one showman and one only on stage:

Joe

And there is more to it than having calibur musicans with you.

Music is good for the Soul...

yeah, that is just a part of it,  i personally didnt feel like they really fit his style.  i thought the new band was more of a rock style band, and not really blues.   when my dad origionally posted this thread,  thats what he was bummed about.  he is a 54 year old blues fanatic, and has been into joe for years!!!  He was disappointed that he didnt do any real hard blues at the Rockford show.  I myself thought it was a good show,  but i understand where he was coming from

Hey djrascoe, sorry I came down on you but your first post was rude. That said, your dad has company in his opinion. I just hope he takes this CD for what it is and gives it a few listens before putting it aside. It seems to grow on people. Tell him some older blues lady said so...............Cathy

One thing I took from the show was afterwards I was thinking how versitile joe is.he gave us blues.he rocked out like a mad man.he played some softer acoustic then played some super reved up acoustic throws alittle pop in there, you can even here a little jazzl ike Al Dimeola during his acoustic soloing . I love the amped up blues rock its my favorite music,and there are a ton of great players in the genre,but what separates joe is all the different influences he brings to the table.I will say that when I listen to a cd I sometimes pass on some of the softer tracks depending on the mood I am in.I can't deny Joes talent in singing and playing with passion. music is sometimes like food sometimes you want a thick steak on the grill and another time you crave for some spicy mexican. well Joe is now a smorgesborg[spell check please],in a 5 star resturant.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Well said Gary ...variety is the spice of life      ....  JBrules

just a little something to think about......   can you imagine what could have happened if we could have had a chance to see joe and stevie ray on stage together?