Re: Has Joe Forgotten His Fans

Jane H. wrote:

well since its still here i got to add Joe if you sell out to megalomart like the Eagles and ACDC, i will take it personal

and for the record, the stage stuff etc doesn't add that much to the show for me.  I know the sound equipment and having decent staff makes alot of the difference but i come to the show for you and the music not for 'show'

not saying i think that is what it is but just saying....less is more sometimes.

as is eveidenced with the excitement about the London gigs, sometimes less IS more. if that Borderline gig was happening at the Recher, i would pay the cost and be happy to do so

and then back to the original question. i bet sometimes Joe wishes he could forget us. its like a curse probably, how much we stick in his mind wink

I don't think so...

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Jane H. wrote:

well since its still here i got to add Joe if you sell out to megalomart like the Eagles and ACDC, i will take it personal

and for the record, the stage stuff etc doesn't add that much to the show for me.  I know the sound equipment and having decent staff makes alot of the difference but i come to the show for you and the music not for 'show'

not saying i think that is what it is but just saying....less is more sometimes.

as is eveidenced with the excitement about the London gigs, sometimes less IS more. if that Borderline gig was happening at the Recher, i would pay the cost and be happy to do so

and then back to the original question. i bet sometimes Joe wishes he could forget us. its like a curse probably, how much we stick in his mind wink

No intent to hi-jack the thread, but I want to defend the Eagles. I watched the special about them. By selling directly to Wallmart, they controlled the cost of the CD and didn't have to answer to a label. Smart, and fan friendly, IMHO wink

Its all about Supply and Demand. If the tickets didn't sell, they wouldn't cost what they do......simple as that.

I just wish that, for the price, there would be an opening act more often than not. I'm sure each city that Joe plays there is a local blues based rock band that would drool at the opportunity to play for about 30min.....for maybe 500 bucks.

Rocket wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

I don't think so...

Jane H. wrote:

um what part of what you quoted? all of it?

The part dealing with the original question.  On both counts, I really doubt it.  Maybe some of the nutty ones, but not You & Me! smile

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

This forum cracks me up... First you have this topic "Has Joe Forgotten His Fans?" and 2 topics below you have "Why I Love Joe".

cathysiler wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

No intent to hi-jack the thread, but I want to defend the Eagles. I watched the special about them. By selling directly to Wallmart, they controlled the cost of the CD and didn't have to answer to a label. Smart, and fan friendly, IMHO wink

And they also started the 250 ticket price stuff. Listen I can understand its what the market will bear but many artists don't go that route. Gov't Mule - Warren play 200 dates a year and gets $120 for orchestra tickets for NYE. Groups of yesteryear don't get my $250 when they haven't done much in 20 years

Alan

I don't think so either Jane, referring to your very last point. Joe doesn't seem like the kind of person that would have someone or a group of people rent space in his head, he's too busy and focused to allow that. We are not a curse to him, we are family and like it or not he is in it with us for the long haul, that's just the way it is. I like to think he enjoys having us and maybe feels a little guilty for not posting more often. No worry Joe, post when you can and we do appreciate hearing from you.
As for ticket prices, I can't believe this has come up again. Everything goes up these days, you try to justify where you want your money going and then you either buy it or not. Oh, so now you are crying that the $45 JB ticket of yester year was a real bargain, but at $80 now all of a sudden he's not worth it?  If you cannot justify it, stay home and watch a free movie. I promise I will never respond to one of these topics again, mods can send it straight to the basement for all I care.   

Rocket wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

I don't think so...

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

I just checked....no full moon  lol  lol  lol

BUT I did see it will be full on March 27 and that is the night
      of Shepherds Bush Empire and I will be able to see first hand
      if we will be callin'  "the werewolves of London............  lol  lol  "

pattyluvsjoenomatterwhat !!  wink

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Coach305 wrote:

The inflation rate in the U.S. hasn't done much damage to buying power for some years now (you can use this to see how much: http://www.westegg.com/inflation/ ), but the same can't be said for Britain and other countries in Europe as the Euro-Crisis-of-the-Week has been unfolding...

To the extent that such things influence YOUR buying power, don't forget that those same factors also affect Joe's (he doesn't get to pay in magic beans to put on his tour, after all; venues want money, transport companies want money, the folks in the band and the road crew want money, etc.).

Sometimes we let our emotions cloud our minds when thinking about economic matters. In an even relatively free market (which the U.S. and Europe are), a good or service will rise in price until it meets resistance, and then it will quickly find an equilibrium. It will not stay at that level for long, though, as at the new price demand will gradually increase again, and we repeat the cycle. That is the way the world works, always has been in this country, and for quite some time in Europe...

I just recently turned 60. If I go to the local grocery store and ask for a lower price for milk (and milk prices here in Iowa at least have gone a little nuts recently) because I've been loyally drinking it for longer than most of their other customers...   wink

All Joe owes us is his best efforts as an artist. I believe he does that (frankly, the amount of work the man does relative to a lot of his peers blows me away). Speaking for myself, I've never been disappointed, and don't expect to be. But he doesn't owe us a longevity bonus based on when we started following him...

P.S. If anybody makes any cracks about what was life like before milk was invented ('cause at my age, I must have been there when it was) will get a poke in the snout. And I have never raised my price on that...   big_smile

Shu

The only crack I'll make is dont believe government CPI figures! Believe what your wallet feels when you pull up to a gas station or check out at the market.

No I'm sure Joe didn't forget his fans!
2 Years ago he knew we were dining  at the theatre's restaurant and he was so kind to talk to us and say hi to everybody. He also could have chosen to stay backstage with Sandi, but no he was very kind and took time. He realizes that fans are important.
Besides that: I'm very thankfull for the presales link from Joe's management. They didn't have to give it to us, but they did. Here in Holland it worked well. It saved us for scalper prices, we had the opportunity to get good tickets for normal prices.
And of course those prices are higher, but the venues are bigger too! No wonder along with that, the costs do get higher!

Well that's me and the wife done with seeing JB now. Her eyes aren't that good so we like to be down the front, but there's no way I'm shelling out funny money.
I thought Rush were taking the piss at £75 - plus fees - but at least with Rush you get some sort of show (even if you don't get 100% live music). If Iron Maiden can get away with about £40 a ticket then I'm sure anyone can - and there's six of the buggers in Maiden.

Joe is all about his fans!!! The nicest man in the world of music. He leaves it all on the stage. Well worth ever penny.

Of course Maiden plays to crowds more than 10 times the size . . .

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

First of all... Let me say.... Yes they are expensive...  But if anybody thinks every penny goes into my pocket here is the deal...

The touring cost have gone up especially in Europe and the Uk....

Bus Regulations
Arena Cost.. We play half house arenas... They dont care... Charge us for the whole house.. Rush..does 14k. Iron Madien( same) Us 5k.... 
Better sound and lights..  ( something I will spend my last dollar for)
tour personel..   22 people to pay every week to support the above...
Union personel... ( in the USA it is a freaking rip off that is borderline criminal in some places..) by the way...24 people above the tour.
fuel for 2 buses and two semi trucks.. 700 bucks per truck and per bus 4 times a weeks... Tell Shell to lower the price of gas..
Oh by way... 2 buses  10,000 per week.. per vehicle.. 
2 Semi Trucks  ( see above)
hundreds of Hotel rooms per tour...
food for 22 people  twice a day..

ect ect ect....
I havent forgot the old days nor any of you that I know on a first name basis...  The cost is stagering  for these days... I try not to think about it and just play my Gibson...

I hope this sheds some light on this discussion...

Joe B

Dude! Your prices are not high. Anyone who attends one of your gigs gets a lifetime of great memories! The only prices that are to high are the ones where you walk out of a concert in disgust! And that will never happen at a Joe Bonamassa gig!!!

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

First of all... Let me say.... Yes they are expensive...  But if anybody thinks every penny goes into my pocket here is the deal...

The touring cost have gone up especially in Europe and the Uk....

Bus Regulations
Arena Cost.. We play half house arenas... They dont care... Charge us for the whole house.. Rush..does 14k. Iron Madien( same) Us 5k.... 
Better sound and lights..  ( something I will spend my last dollar for)
tour personel..   22 people to pay every week to support the above...
Union personel... ( in the USA it is a freaking rip off that is borderline criminal in some places..) by the way...24 people above the tour.
fuel for 2 buses and two semi trucks.. 700 bucks per truck and per bus 4 times a weeks... Tell Shell to lower the price of gas..
Oh by way... 2 buses  10,000 per week.. per vehicle.. 
2 Semi Trucks  ( see above)
hundreds of Hotel rooms per tour...
food for 22 people  twice a day..

ect ect ect....
I havent forgot the old days nor any of you that I know on a first name basis...  The cost is stagering  for these days... I try not to think about it and just play my Gibson...

I hope this sheds some light on this discussion...

Joe B

Thanks for jumping in here for those who don't understand the economics.Not just for you but any touring act.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

I would add that if the fans that are showing up for the shows thought the ticket prices were too high they wouldn't be in line multiple times for the $7.00 and $8.00 beer!

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

Those beer prices are way too high for me! Unless it is REALLY good beer!