Re: Has Joe Forgotten His Fans

"I can't help but wonder if he has forgotten about his loyal fan base who have stuck by him...?"

My short answer no. (And I have given this thought..ending with my foot in my mouth..)

Many Joe fans have been around since the pudgy boy with the hoodie days. If you met him, he would greet you by name next time you saw him. But, who didn't know he was exceptional? Who didn't consider themselves lucky to have found his music? So, not only was this day coming, we hoped for it, and spread the word, because, again, we couldn't help but gush. We knew!!

Now is his time. He's young, he's got the buzz going, and he has to go as big as he can. I hope it's for decades, but you just don't know. Therefore, I'll pay a higher price, see him less often, but be grateful that acoustics matter, and the venue will be small enough to feel intimate. Do I think he's forgotten his fans? No way. He may be distant now, he may cost more for all the previous reasons, but he remembers to say thank you publically ever chance he gets.

I also believe that allowing filming and sharing gives us a "new" experience with many shows. That's a rare gift from an Artist. I need new, frequent, DVD's and CD's. I am grateful for Joe's prolific nature.

Another gift from finding Joe, is finding reason to believe there's unfound talent out there needing support. I'm not saying there's another Joe, but there's some immpressive talent.

However, I feel you pain. I think it's a touch of melancholy shared by many. There's no going back now. wink   
                                                                                                                          Cathy

Joe invests back into his show. Look at the lighting, the sequencing, heck even the guitars. It's not like you're going out there and watching him sit on a stool with one spotlight and a First Act rig. Tours cost money. There's no way around it. And to expect Joe to charge $10 a ticket to provide you with the cool lighting and the energetic performances with the really expensive vintage Les Pauls is living in a dream world.

I'm sorry, but everytime I see this post is just frustrates me. It's like people think that every dollar is going in Joe's pocket. Jeez get over it. Either buy the ticket or shut up and let the next person buy it. Especially if you're going to come on here and say Joe's forgotten his fans. Freakin' ludicrous. Yeah, he's forgotten his fans. That's why he talked to me and my wife for like 20 minutes after the Springfield, Missouri show last year and autographed my JBStudio. Yeah, he doesn't give a freakin' flip about the fans. Good lord.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

The prices are more than reasonable compared to others. What's Fleetwood Mac sans Christine McVie  getting for singing he same stuff?

Alan

22 (edited by YorkieDav 2013-03-12 03:33:03)

Despite my pissing and moaning over the UK prices on the other thread, I don't think it's fair to put the blame on Joe. The root causes are probably out of his control and there is no doubting his integrity and commitment.
Yes, ticket prices do seem to attract a premium in the UK but I think that is mainly because of all the damn vultures that circle each venue, all wanting their pound (recently gone up to a kg) of flesh. The biggest culprits appear to be the larger arenas where you're milked dry before you even take your seat.
We all realise that everything that goes to putting on a show is going up in price. The only thing that isn't going up (and this is the thing those people stood backstage need to realise) is the disposable income of the people sat or stood in the audience is actually going down.  This leads me to my word of the day..."dichotomy"... somehow this situation needs to be fixed otherwise there will be more and more empty seats at the big name shows. The silver lining is that up-and-coming artists should see a boost in numbers for their £15 shows. I know that's where I'm going to go to get my live music fix.

What The Fuzz ?!

23 (edited by Rocket 2013-03-12 09:35:55)

I skipped reading any replies because I could pontificate and ramble on empathetically, and all that, but I think I have distilled it down to answer "what I would like to know is what are we getting for the extra £33 this time that we haven't had before?" to this: an insurance policy you can attend over someone else!  It is that simple when we know that this act could pull in a huge crowd under certain venue capabilities and willing social situations.  What would you do?  Open the event to thousands more whom are initially glad to attend, with lower ticket prices, but the venue is too large for the entertainment fare to honestly be a good match?  Wouldn't that have a larger percentage of displeased, or at the very least, unimpressed and very unlikely to be concerned with a "next time".   For a total independent, YES it means a loss of income from future appearances, recordings, and merchandise-Joe's lifeblood to keep Rocking ON!!! 

Plus, there's this thing called capitalization.  J & R may be capitalizing on supply and demand, but if they INVEST in capital to improve the overall quality of the presentations-and I dare ask who can honestly say, if they have followed Joe Bonamassa for a number of years, with repeated attendance at concerts, can deny that the improvements have been steady if not so dramatic (read as at least not selling out, and I don't mean ticket sales).  There have been CONSTANT considerations for new cities to expand to, longer show lengths, and constantly introducing new songs to keep things from going stale even though so many gleefully expectant neophytes show up at shows wanting to see "legendary" performances from back albums.  AND, the new fans keep coming, demand is NOT going down, and there is ZERO doubt that so many of them are intent and hopeful on applying themselves in person that the only COMPROMISE to (limited) supply adjusting to (popular and excessive) demand is raising prices, which is in step with global economies anyway-like it or not, it is true-nobodies prices have been going DOWN anywhere I have been or looked lately.

I don't think either ticket pricing distressed fans or Joe & Touring Co. are being "selfish", I just think the old expression is "It is what it is" is applicable at this point in time to all parties.  Trust me I feel this discomfort, but these are discomforting times in so many ways, what better way than to pay the Blues its' dues...............

Can you imagine trying to move this Slow Train without some heavy steam???!!!!

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

ps-I don't think you were (or anyone was) being inflammatory, either

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Pete The Cabby wrote:

...simple equation really... the brighter the Star = the more it burns!

...talking of milk... do you know Starbucks coffee works out at £48 a gallon... its cheaper to drink petrol! hmm

Well, I can top that! At the moment, at least here in my little corner of the forest, milk is more expensive than gasoline. The recent spike in gas prices has closed the gap and made it a horse race again, but milk has been more expensive for a LONG time...

Shu

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Coach305 wrote:
Pete The Cabby wrote:

...talking of milk... do you know Starbucks coffee works out at £48 a gallon... its cheaper to drink petrol! hmm

Well, I can top that! At the moment, at least here in my little corner of the forest, milk is more expensive than gasoline. The recent spike in gas prices has closed the gap and made it a horse race again, but milk has been more expensive for a LONG time...

Shu

DUMB JOKE WARNING (US of A) and not on topic whatsoever:

Cows have forgotten their fans. Blame it on Chik-fil-a! tongue

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:
Coach305 wrote:
Pete The Cabby wrote:

Shu

A great diversion from this dour thread. lol

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

bump827 wrote:

The prices are more than reasonable compared to others. What's Fleetwood Mac sans Christine McVie  getting for singing he same stuff?

£125 plus at least 10% fees in the UK mad

28 (edited by Rocket 2013-03-12 10:15:05)

Linda R wrote:
bump827 wrote:

£125 plus at least 10% fees in the UK mad

Have Fleetwood Mac forgotten their fans made them rich in the first place???

I don't truly think so, but there is a more reasonable argument!!!

RickB wrote:
Rocket wrote:
Coach305 wrote:

Shu

A great diversion from this dour thread. lol

thanks for the dumb joke, love it

30 (edited by Rockfarmer 2013-03-12 13:14:42)

Argh!!! Another tired "it cost too much" thread.  Life is about choices.  If it's worth the price then go, if it ain't worth the price then don't go.  I would have loved to make the trip that RickB is making to England to see the 4 shows, but i simply could not justify the expense.  He could.  Im jealeous and i hate him for it (jk buddy), but it's all about choices.  As in any business the price is what the market will bear.  At these higher prices if the house is full then what is the incentive to charge less?  it is a business after all

31 (edited by RickB 2013-03-12 11:27:15)

Rockfarmer wrote:

Argh!!! Another tired "it cost too much" thread.  Life is about choices.  If it's worth the price then go, if it ain't worth the price then don't go.  I would have loved to make the trip tht RickB is making to England to see the 4 shows, but i simply could not justify the expense.  He could.  Im jealeous and i hate him for it (jk buddy), but it's all about choices.  As in any business the price is what the market will bear.  At these higher prices if the house is full then what is the incentive to charge less.  it is a business after all

I could barely justify it either if not for going over there anyway to see the gk's Mike. Still a big chaw off the plug, but what the hell. The better half said go for it. Ya only go around once! In the old days, talent like Joe's would be playing for the "Crowned Heads of Europe" exclusively. If you think Joe has steep prices, try being an opera fan! yikes Ya ain't seen nuthin kiddos. I'll tell ya that Opera was the only thing that could make me tear up with emotion until I heard Joe play. Hooked hard and loving every minute.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

A big YOLO shout out to RickB.  Yes, you only live once!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

I have grumbled to a few select fans about ticket prices, but to be honest - if I'd saved my money appropriately, I'd drop the money no questions asked. I'm just blaming the prices on my poor saving strategies.

I know how businesses work, so I completely understand the premium prices for a premium product. Joe's team has lots of overhead. Joe's management charges what they want for ticket prices. Good for them. Their shows get bigger, and tickets end up costing more.

Fans have nothing to do with the cost of ticket prices. Who is buying tickets? If Joe 'forgot his fans' there would be nobody willing to buy a ticket. This simply isn't the case. People don't mind tossing some extra in the bucket because Joe and his 21 families involved in his operation are worth the money because we want him to continue. plain and simple.

If you want Joe to go back to playing bars and living in a Cargo van with one guitar and some RC cars to play with, maybe you'd be for lowering his ticket prices to 2001 era prices. Music you can drink to. OR you can pay a premium for an entertaining stage production of blues music all while displaying a museum of historic guitars in virtuosity.

You are seeing more than a one trick pony, this horse is matured into a performing artist and is past bar band gigs and pricing. If you can't get out of the bar to see Joe in a nicer place, well... hmm

btw - I love how we have to justify his ticket prices to his own fans. on his own forum. This is proof you just can't put a price on him lol

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Robin714 wrote:
sally12333 wrote:

smile +1

There's not much reason to chime in at this point, but l think the feedback to this topic was excellent and a perfect display of how Joe's greatness reflects in his fans.  Any contribution I could make was brought up here.  Like others, I feel your pain about the expense.  And FWIW, I didn't find your post inflammatory.  It's a fair question, but I think it was answered well here.  Like RF said, it is all about choices.  Based on everything I've seen just from this forum, Joe brings even more to his shows than just his talent.  He's remarkably accessable to his fans.  There isn't much I wouldn't give up to see a good concert......but I can say with certainty that Joe hasn't forgotten his fans.  If the cost is just too much, there are other ways to enjoy his music.  I hope the feedback on this topic restored your faith in Joe! smile

Well said Robin,  +1000

RickB wrote:
Rockfarmer wrote:

Argh!!! Another tired "it cost too much" thread.  Life is about choices.  If it's worth the price then go, if it ain't worth the price then don't go.  I would have loved to make the trip tht RickB is making to England to see the 4 shows, but i simply could not justify the expense.  He could.  Im jealeous and i hate him for it (jk buddy), but it's all about choices.  As in any business the price is what the market will bear.  At these higher prices if the house is full then what is the incentive to charge less.  it is a business after all

I could barely justify it either if not for going over there anyway to see the gk's Mike. Still a big chaw off the plug, but what the hell. The better half said go for it. Ya only go around once! In the old days, talent like Joe's would be playing for the "Crowned Heads of Europe" exclusively. If you think Joe has steep prices, try being an opera fan! yikes Ya ain't seen nuthin kiddos. I'll tell ya that Opera was the only thing that could make me tear up with emotion until I heard Joe play. Hooked hard and loving every minute.

I say go for it when you can and how you can.

I just spent 499.00 plus some to get the new litho.  I really wanted a litho but I wanted a meet and greet more.  I live in an area where I can street team some but probably not enough to earn a  meet and greet.  so the value per dollar for getting to see Joe live again, meeting him, having my picture made with him, etc etc.  are equal to what I paid.

I like others am glad that Joe has become so famous, but also like others hate that the price went up with that.  He is still the best bargain in my humble opinion.

wvgirlinky wrote:
Robin714 wrote:
sally12333 wrote:

smile +1

There's not much reason to chime in at this point, but l think the feedback to this topic was excellent and a perfect display of how Joe's greatness reflects in his fans.  Any contribution I could make was brought up here.  Like others, I feel your pain about the expense.  And FWIW, I didn't find your post inflammatory.  It's a fair question, but I think it was answered well here.  Like RF said, it is all about choices.  Based on everything I've seen just from this forum, Joe brings even more to his shows than just his talent.  He's remarkably accessable to his fans.  There isn't much I wouldn't give up to see a good concert......but I can say with certainty that Joe hasn't forgotten his fans.  If the cost is just too much, there are other ways to enjoy his music.  I hope the feedback on this topic restored your faith in Joe! smile

Well said Robin,  +1000

+1

Compared to other artists who haven't done anything decent in years I.e. the Eagles his tickets are still reasonable.

Alan