1 (edited by B-More Bonamaniac 2007-09-02 17:21:11)

Topic: B-More Bonamaniac

Hey All:

While seeing Buddy Guy @ Birchmere, in northern VA in April, 2 different people said "You gotta' come back and see this guy Joe Bonamassa."  If you're at a Buddy Guy concert, you've got good taste in music.  So, I did as instructed.  WOW.  It was like a religious experience.  I was 5 feet from the stage, watching the veins in Joe's fingers as he did his magic.  I was watching it, and still couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing.  I was lucky enough to get a set list.  I was disappointed when we were told Joe wasn't coming back in to sign autographs, so I went outside, and there's Joe signing by his bus.  So, I got my set list and ticket stub signed.  I couldn't believe someone with that kind of talent could also be a genuinely nice guy and appreciate his fans the way Joe obviously does.

Last night in Harrisburg, I was front row again and was blown away again.  The touches of Genesis and Frampton in the show were neat, and again Joe did the meet and greet by the bus.  He stood there signing until every last person had gotten their chance. 

I have tix for 10/19 in Rockville, MD, 5th row; 10/20 in Staten Island, NY, 1st Row; 10/21 in Collingswood, NJ, 2nd row; 11/14 in my hometown of Baltimore and for 11/17 @ Penn's Peak in PA.  That'll be 7 shows in 6 months; consider me a lifer!!!! 

See you all soon-
Rob

Here's a link to a few of my Harrisburg 8/30/07 pix. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12587593@N … 826178943/

Bonamania is a disease with no cure.  Give it to all your friends.

Re: B-More Bonamaniac

Hey Rob, It was great to meet you last night. We Marylander's have proven ourselves to be serious fans. Can't wait to see the pictures you took. Bonamania is not curable, but who wants to be cured!!! At least you're here with the other afflicted!!!!    Cathy

Hey Rob, Welcome aboard the Joe train and hold on for dear life!  Sounds like you got some great shows lined up already too.  Joe is a class act and a heck of a nice guy too...

Music is good for the Soul...

Cathy-

It was great to meet you too.  Since you're a medical professional, I'll take your word about there being no cure for Bonamania.  I'm good with that.  Thanks to you and David for the kind words.

Rob

Hey Jane-
Can't wait 'til October & November.  I have a feeling I'll see you @ Ram's Head Live.