Re: Wildwood guitars has gloss top CS GOld top JB for sale

Congrats on the guitar!  I'm sure you'll love it.

182 (edited by oskarbil 2013-01-10 05:05:10)

I see that nobody talks about it for a long time ...
I have the opportunity to buy at a good price a  wildwood JB custom shop gold top secondhand. and I see that the discussion this stop. now perhaps eventually have some new news, maybe even Joe knows something more.
I have any questions.
1) is weight-relieved, two-piece light mahogany back ??
2)on "gibson hypothetical scale"
Were is this guitar
In LP standar?
Traditional?
R7  or r9?
In studio level
In experimental level?
In buissnes level?
Secon level colectors?
Others?
Someone play it?
Is only bad guitar with cosmetis?
Know Joe something more about this guitars?

183 (edited by airportdon 2013-01-10 07:48:02)

If you go to the Wildwood site...I'm pretty sure the specs  are there for these Goldtops.....

So far we have had the initail run of "Custom Shop"-300-Aged & Uaged, the Epi model run(s), the Studio run(s),The Wildwood reissues "Custom Shop"-Goldtops, and now -the new limited run of 400 (not Custom shop ) L/P Gold top Standards-100 available in the U.S and the rest to Europe.

( Plus Gibson -released: Joe Bonaburst L/P  models, the Es 335 model and the Gibson C.C "Babe"  L/P model )

Hope that helps you out...welcome to the forum too

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

184 (edited by oskarbil 2013-01-10 12:17:57)

I dont know, there are many things that make me hesitate, in principle is a custom shop and that  should give an assurance as to the quality of the guitar and if you see the original price it appears that it is.

We all know, that in the custom shop wood clasification is its lighter weight and are for R9 after R8...more weight cheaper guitar
So when looking at Wilwood specifications I find that  (for comparing)
LP supreme;
Weight:
8.85 lbs
Top Wood:
Grade AAAA Figured Maple Top
Body Wood: Mahogany
Neck Wood: Mahogany
(Nothing about ,chambered...weight relieved...)

And for Bonamassa signature:
Brand: Gibson Custom Shop
Model: Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Gloss Limited
Weight: 9.76 lbs
Top Wood: Carved Maple
Body Wood: Weight-Relieved Mahogany Back with Black
Neck :1-Piece Mahogany Wood

If I look at the specifications supreme seems solid wood  weight 8.85lb and other 9.76 and is relieved
What kind of wood is used for the signature gibson?
supreme Specifications are wrong?
I believe Wilwood specifications...are confusing is that intentionally or is no attention
The fingerboar of course it will be laminated (2012 is like this no?), but it does not put anything in the specifications of the Bonamassa.(and others)
So my question is  same

What is the level of this guitar?
With specifications Signature guitar is heavier  than supreme and this is a custom shop.
As a custom shop, what gives me extra ? that comparing  supreme,standard, studio, traditional... quality guitar.
For example custom shop not appear to use better woods in this guitars, need weight relieved like others
The cosmetics make more expensive??

With only reading your first sentence and seeing the word "hesitate", I'd say don't buy it. It's a nice guitar but in all seriousness it's pretty much a regular gold top with a black back and some cosmetic changes. I have a standard gold top that I painted (professionally) black in the black and with Grover's and black hardware, a 50s wiring upgrade, it's essentially the same thing for a lot less $$.

But if you're getting a good price and you want the guitar then by all means just get it if that's what you have your heart set on. Me personally, if I feel any hesitation on something; I won't buy it cause after 2 weeks when the newness wears off...the $ is already spent and I hate to have any regrets.

Supreme is NOT solid

Enjoy the reading smile

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/gibson- … 101-a.html

helrazr84 wrote:

With only reading your first sentence and seeing the word "hesitate", I'd say don't buy it. It's a nice guitar but in all seriousness it's pretty much a regular gold top with a black back and some cosmetic changes. I have a standard gold top that I painted (professionally) black in the black and with Grover's and black hardware, a 50s wiring upgrade, it's essentially the same thing for a lot less $$.

But if you're getting a good price and you want the guitar then by all means just get it if that's what you have your heart set on. Me personally, if I feel any hesitation on something; I won't buy it cause after 2 weeks when the newness wears off...the $ is already spent and I hate to have any regrets.

I agree!

Gibson Custom Joe Bonamassa Ltd Signature Les Paul VOS # 31

188 (edited by oskarbil 2013-01-11 05:25:45)

Thanks, it's good advice and it is.
on the other hand just wanted to give an example, the specifications are not complete and they are not very clear,
I knew that the suprem is solid.
as in the pg of the custom shop gibson signature Bonamassa is specified with two pieces of mahogany
 http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electri … tures.aspx
and is the same in wildwood?? anyone knows? ,now is curiosity

only that, I think that looketh other things.
thank you very much for the advice

Positive its the same.

And what's up with this one? Just a complete forgery?  Notice the "signed" truss rod cover ala studios, white binding vs. cream, totally out of sync serial #, etc.

Very odd.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-Limited- … SS:US:1123

JBLP (aged) 293, JBLP STD, JB ES-335, JBLP Studio, JBLP Goldtop Epi, JBLP Inverness Green Epi.

191 (edited by airportdon 2013-01-17 08:42:44)

jddarden wrote:

And what's up with this one? Just a complete forgery?  Notice the "signed" truss rod cover ala studios, white binding vs. cream, totally out of sync serial #, etc.

Very odd.

I thought the new limited ones(400 total) had the J.B./S.D pickups in them ???

jddarden wrote:

Very odd.

i think is the same: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LPJB2GBCH

In my opinion that's a crazy price or a standard. I got mine from MF for $3K shipped

Gibson Collectors Choice #6
Joe Bonamassa Custom Shop Goldtop Unaged 1st run
Alvarez Acoustic '95
Gibson Skylark GA5-T '65, Marshall JTM45 Reissue, Fender Princton Reverb '72, Modded Bugera V5, Fender Bandmaster '68, Marshall Silver Jubilee 2558

Notice how they have the knobs mixed from the original set up?

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

195 (edited by airportdon 2013-01-23 12:34:38)

airportdon wrote:
jddarden wrote:

Very odd.

Further prying into this one that is/was on Ebay:(real 1/400 limited ones)  Standard  with binding Joe Les Paul with factory J.B/S.D Pickups,
also has the extra  complete CD Set, Tag Hauer Sunglasses & Signed pickguard....pretty good deal for 2500.00 !!! I think it's still available...

airportdon wrote:
airportdon wrote:
jddarden wrote:

Very odd.

Further prying into this one that is/was on Ebay:(real 1/400 limited ones)  Standard  with binding Joe Les Paul with factory J.B/S.D Pickups,
also has the extra  complete CD Set, Tag Hauer Sunglasses & Signed pickguard....pretty good deal for 2500.00 !!! I think it's still available...

Sold.

So if I understand the limited JB series:

1.  Original run JB LP Goldtops Custom Shop series (around 300 'BONAMASSA' sequential serial numbers) unaged and aged.
2.  VOS LP Bonaburst Custom Shop series (there appear to be a few VOS Goldtops and lefties in this run, around 300 'JOE B' sequential serial numbers)
3.  JB LP Goldtop Studio series (not sure the counts, has std Gibson serial numbering)
4.  JB ES335 series
5.  JB LP Goldtop Custom Shop Gloss series (around 300?  'JBG' sequential serial numbers)
6.  JB LP Standards, standard Gibson serial numbers

?

198 (edited by airportdon 2013-01-23 17:23:05)

jclark42796 wrote:
airportdon wrote:
airportdon wrote:

Sold.

There is another listed by the same seller....it was at 2500 today with a couple days left on the auction....
good luck to the winner---beats paying 3599.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-Limited- … 3cce4663a1