19 (edited by Rocket 2012-11-01 07:56:13)

Re: Joanne Shaw Taylor

Kenny wrote:

Joanne is right up there with the best and she was on blistering form in Glasgow too. I was dead centre stage and had a great view of her Les Paul skills. Don't want to be pedantic Mike but "Jealousy" is not self penned - it was written by the great Scotsman Frankie Miller for his 1982 album Standing on the Edge. I have seen Frankie do this live with Brian Robertson on guitar and Joanne nailed it both vocally and instrumentally. The applause in Glasgow was very loud, to say the least.

Let's hope the tour with Jimmy Bowskill comes to the UK next year.

Hello to Joanne! big_smile  Love this!!! cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztBvrK_tRzY

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Tomorrownight I'll be at der Schwarzwer Adler! Last show  last year was fantastic!

Photographed Joanne in Sale last week , and she was superb

i would love to see her live sometime!

here's a vid I got when Joanne played the Leicester Square Theatre in London recently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B-XJRot … e=youtu.be

What a superb show it was last night at Der Scharzer Adler in Rheinberg. Full house and an amazing crowd as well. Band was on fire and the show was even better than last year and by that I mean, more mature and her voice progressed to more fullness and warmth: it matured to a wonderful deep but clear voice. Her guitarplaying was as brilliant as always.
Tonight the last show at the Dofferbluesfestival in Schaik in Holland and then the European tour is over.
Can't wait to see her again,(not only because of the great music but she is so very nice too) in Januari and februari when she will be touring with the Bluescaravan, together with Jimmy Bowskill. and Bart Walker. See www.bluescaravan.de for more information.

There was only one moment of total panic:........She dropped a bottle of my JBwine.........The first artist ever to do that!!!! LOL!

Got some superb shots of Joanne at her Sale gig a couple of weeks back ... Check out her Facebook page to see a few

Here's a review (German) from the gig at Schwarzer Adler:
http://www.hooked-on-music.de/Konzertbe … nd_id=4872

I had to smile about the first lines! Remember from last year that she overdid it a bit throwing her hair from forth to back and from right to left ...

Looking forward seeing the Blues Caravan next year. Sounds like a great mixture. I hope to see some jams.

Call that a review? Was he even there?
Anyway, what's a girl to do when her hair gets in her eyes and both her hands are busy? roll

Well here's good news! Joanne is featured playing an acoustic session tonight between 8pm and 10pm GMT (UK time) in "Amps Off" with Nicky Horne on Planet Rock Radio. (So no need to be distracted by her hair!)

It kicks off just one hour after Joe B's show finishes for those in other time zones, so may as well stay tuned!

Ian

Please be in no doubt that this is the REAL ME! Beware imposters........................

28 (edited by Blues Sissi 2012-11-11 18:04:44)

Icon wrote:

Call that a review? Was he even there?
Anyway, what's a girl to do when her hair gets in her eyes and both her hands are busy? roll

Well here's good news! Joanne is featured playing an acoustic session tonight between 8pm and 10pm GMT (UK time) in "Amps Off" with Nicky Horne on Planet Rock Radio. (So no need to be distracted by her hair!)

It kicks off just one hour after Joe B's show finishes for those in other time zones, so may as well stay tuned!

Ian

Actually when I saw Joanne last year, I always expected that the hair got into the strings. Aua!
This year I decided to see a German band and they had short hair ;-)

..if i still had hair like that i'd flick it constantly just to annoy everybody! hmm

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Pete The Cabby wrote:

..if i still had hair like that i'd flick it constantly just to annoy everybody! hmm

Bravo sir, me too! Oh for the days of flickable hair....

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Should maybe have started a new thread for 2013. After the Blues Caravan tour of Europe she will playing in New Zealand and Australia.

Kenny wrote:

Should maybe have started a new thread for 2013. After the Blues Caravan tour of Europe she will playing in New Zealand and Australia.

"No worries" - quick bit of editing.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Lucky me, I'm seeing Joanne next April when she will be supporting Eric Johnson.

OK - let's get this going in the thread where it belongs.............

Joanne has announced four UK dates in November/December as follows:

28 Nov - Shepherds Bush Empire, London
29 Nov - Town Hall, Birmingham
30 Nov - Picturedome, Holmfirth
1 Dec - Sage, Gateshead

Support from King King featuring Alan Nimmo,

Get in there quick folks - pre-sales already underway and selling fast through Planet Rock and Eventim. On general sale 9am tomorrow.
I was at Joanne's Borderline DVD/CD recording on Sunday and have to say she has racked it up another level - a superb 2 hour show to a sell out audience. Will be interesting to see what makes the DVD cut from that. I guess the Autumn tour will be promoting the DVD/CD, and it promises to be a pretty special event with King King opening the show smile

Please be in no doubt that this is the REAL ME! Beware imposters........................

Jane - I think its due out next week. Advance copies were avaialble at the Carlisle Blues Festival at the weekend and I bought one. Now to see if I am in the video as I was standing right in front of her at the gig smile

Same sorta position as Joe at the Borderline too.

Love the avatar Jane and I'm so glad you enjoyed her. She is no shrinking violet. She plays in your face and can tear it up with the best of them. smile