1 (edited by srxman2001 2012-10-26 10:01:08)

Topic: Joe playing on Dereks S. new CD

Sounds good!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FKWjCcGq1o

Doug

Re: Joe playing on Dereks S. new CD

Thanks for posting this Doug!  Sounds great! Enjoy Derek & Joe together! Great CD cover art!

Now I am totally convinced that Joe Bonamassa never sleeps........it is like a whirlwind of Joe Bonamassa everywhere! 

Ready - Set - Go Joe!!!!

smile luvs cool

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

Thanks for posting this Doug!  Sounds great! Enjoy Derek & Joe together! Great CD cover art!

Now I am totally convinced that Joe Bonamassa never sleeps........it is like a whirlwind of Joe Bonamassa everywhere! 

Ready - Set - Go Joe!!!!

smile luvs cool

No Problem Patty!!  Anytime I come across something, the forum will be first to know!!

Doug

Love to hear Joe break out some jazz licks. That beats the hell outta BCC imo. OK, rage on over that comment all you want.

Jazz Joe Rocks Too!!!

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Agree to some extent. A bit of a Camel thing going on there.. cool

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Thanks for sharing.  I think Derek and Joe sound great together no matter what genre

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Love to hear Joe break out some jazz licks. That beats the hell outta BCC imo. OK, rage on over that comment all you want.

Jazz Joe Rocks Too!!!

J Dawg

I'm in agreement with you Dawg, I love the Jazz...and BCC never worked for me either, but I know many on here really took to it....sounding great JB

Shred

Ha! When I read the title, I thought it was a collaboration between Joe and Derek TRUCKS!!!

Now that is a gig I would like to see... smile cool

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

Jane H. wrote:

well FWIW that has been  out for a year but thanks for the reminder as i never took the time to check it out as i wanted to.

Jdawg, no problem, nobody has to like everything that Joe does. I won't say what first came to mind but i would like to point out, that most of the fans who like BCC, also like all of Joe's works. a high preference on rock from me, sure, pleas for more of what i call best but alwasy a respect for the other stuff.....

who's a better fan? tongue

just jokin!!!!!!!

stay wet behind the ears with your grey hairs poking out,

Sista Bonametal

Will do, BCC just never moved me, as well as others around here. But that's not to say BCC isn't the best for those who dig it. That's the way we roll around here....right!

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

ohiodawg13 wrote:

Jazz Joe Rocks Too!!!

J Dawg

WTF Dawg. You plays something different,and its a jab at BCC? Ya I took the bait.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

gary wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

Jazz Joe Rocks Too!!!

J Dawg

WTF Dawg. You plays something different,and its a jab at BCC? Ya I took the bait.

Joe cooks with gas doing jazz riffs. Two words: Baked Potato!

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

gary wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

Jazz Joe Rocks Too!!!

J Dawg

Just not into Glenn's style, simple as that. Don't dig metal edged hard rock, is that a crime????

Bluesrock is Cool!!!

J Dawg

RickB wrote:
gary wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

Jazz Joe Rocks Too!!!

J Dawg

Joe cooks with gas doing jazz riffs. Two words: Baked Potato!

Would love to catch one of those gigs!

Spudless In Benicia,

J Dawg

14 (edited by The RiverCat^-^ 2012-10-23 02:59:01)

ohiodawg13 wrote:
gary wrote:
ohiodawg13 wrote:

Jazz Joe Rocks Too!!!

J Dawg

Just not into Glenn's style, simple as that. Don't dig metal edged hard rock, is that a crime????

Bluesrock is Cool!!!

J Dawg

Yeah that's a Crime, Ha Ha!

You "Breakin The Law", "Breakin The Law" tongue

Cause I'm"Locked and Loaded"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZauY2dYZO0
brought to you by "the MetalCat^-^", featuring Joe "Bonametal" okay, so not really.

Have fun with Rick.  You can "Just take Five with some chives" at the "Baked Potato" with Joe smile
You and Shred and Rick, just don't shut the place down.

Edit to add Rocket, he will make sure the place stays in one piece  wink

"Holy Toledo"  -  Bill King   "Just Win Baby" - Al Davis  "The Autumn Wind" - Steve Sabol

Man.... This session was one of the most challenging of my career.   To be in the studio with Derek Sherinian and Simon Phillips as daunting.   A huge thanks to Both Derek and Simon for getting me through it..  I learned a lot.  Oceana is a killer record... Highly recommended ...
Joe B

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Man.... This session was one of the most challenging of my career.   To be in the studio with Derek Sherinian and Simon Phillips as daunting.   A huge thanks to Both Derek and Simon for getting me through it..  I learned a lot.  Oceana is a killer record... Highly recommended ...
Joe B

Always up for something fresh and different. Brings back memories of Sea Level, Southern rockers moving in a jazz direction, heavy on Chuck Leavell's keyboartds with a little funk thrown in too.

Jazz It Up,

J Dawg

I've had this album since it came out.

JB contributes guitar on one track
Luke is on 3
Tony Macalpine on 2
Doug Aldrich on 1
Steve Stevens on 2

As Joe says - Album is excellent. You would prob call the album something like 'prog fusion'. 

I dont know whether any one else has noticed, but Joes contribution sounds to me enormously like Jeff Beck.   It could almost be off the 'There and Back' album

18 (edited by airportdon 2012-10-23 07:27:20)

This is very cool & interesting....... I Will have to check this out for sure ...:)            (I am an old fusion fan as well )

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........