Re: Joe's Gold Strat...

Yeah, I had already found this one: http://www.koehrsen.de/roland/joe1.jpg
Those stickers woud make it complete...

I'll be some days on vacation - I'll try the sticker blues on you end of next week ;-)

Roland

Hello Mandrake:

I was under the impression that Joe has Voodoo Labs pickups in his Gold Strat? Am I wrong on that......I'm a true believer in Fralins..have them in 3 of my guitars.....but was thinking of giving Voodoo Labs a try in a Strat I'm building because of what i thought was in Joe's gold guitar.......anybody set me straight on this? Thanks!

TeleFreakSteve here!
   Hey Mandrake! Wow! I like your style, man! I might just have to give serious thought to forsaking the Tele thang for awhile and check out the Strat Fever! Seriously, you do EXCELLENT work, but then, you knew that.... DUH?
   Just caught your pix and they are very inspiring. I am currently looking for local sources of woods for my personal onslaught of the Tele Twang Addicts. And once again, seriously, I'm going to make this a retirement business, I hope. My plans are to do some really nice Marquetry, Inlay, and possibly Intarsia on my teles.
   And the reason I'm doing Teles is I feel they can be improved upon. If you've noticed, the Nashville scene has really heated up lateley, and it's almost like they've collectivelly gotten hip and gone through the 60's afew decades late! At any rate, their awards shows are loaded with entertainment by some very fine talent these days, notably, Big and Rich (check them out!), Rascal Flatts has a great guitarist, and there are many more.
   A lot of these guys play Strats, too, because they have dared to buck the traditional Grand Ole Opry thing, which I think is a truly GOOD sign for country. It's really refreshing not to get a you-know-what load of RAP and Hiphop, although Cowboy Troy of Big and Rich is even breaking down those barriers, but in a really cool and palatable way.
   I was born and raised in Texas and cut my teeth on Willie Nelson, whom I happen to be related to by marriage. My cousin, Larry Nelson, is one of the founders of Texas Music Nation. Check out their website for something different. They mentor young musicians, help them obtain equipment when they are ripped off, have huge jams out under the stars, and really symbolize that part of music which is less commercial.
   I just had the really absolute kicking-ass privilege of seeing Joe Bonamassa in Chico at $20 a ticket. That's ABSURD for a guy of his rare talent, but it's also the real Joe, a great guy with a strong love of music for music's sake, just like us, buddy!
   Enough of my Soapbox!
      Wonderful work, man!
   Steve from Selma

Hello Mandrake,

Can you give me any info on where you got the SRV strap?  The black one with the white notes.  I have been looking for one for my SRV Strat.

Thanks....
Jay

Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul - Plato

@ guitarb: haven't heard the voodoos yet, but I read somewhere they are not bad.
Are you sure he has them in his gold strat?

@TeleFreak: Time for me to build some Teles... I have 7 Strats now, and working on the 8th... ;-)

@guitargasm:

You can find them on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-4-Famous-SRV-Le … dZViewItem
I ordered a "white with black notes" there.

I got my "black with white notes" here
http://www.musikproduktiv.de
I like the one from musikproduktiv a bit better - they are both not best quality but they come closest to the actual SRV strap - unlike the memorial strap by Levy's for example.

Thanks!!!!  I appreciate it...

Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul - Plato

Hi mandrake,

amazing guitar-jobs done... with all the other guitars, too...
soundwise very spontaneously I would vote for the BonaCaster...

Grüss Gott nach München aus Darmstadt
PIT smile

Hi Mandrake:

I'm not completely sure about the Voodoo pickups in his Gold Strat...trying to verify....I've been using Fralin's for so long I thought I would give the Voodoo's a try...or maybe Van Zandt's. If I get the pickup question verified I'll let ya know!