Re: Hello from the new Street Team Captain

Jane H. wrote:

Hi Larry thanks for the post!
I've been on the team since 2003.
I try to wait for you to call on me and not call on you too much as I know you are busy.
Don't mistake this for lack of enthusiasm or desire to be helpful though!
I have already sent you some of my suggestions and comments so unless you did not receive them I won't repeat it all here.
I will remind you though that IMO this forum is a great place to leave instructions that can easily be referenced and the rest of us can then be sure of the ppoper way to help and to share with others on the other sites like fb and stuff.
And if there is anything we can do to make things easier let us know.
I know you need to keep things tight in the office but rely on us and this place when you can.
Best!
Jane

Hi Larry, and welcome. I've been a short timer (only since early 2011), but glad to help in any way and I work with Jane on the Baltimore street team. Any assistance you need for the MD/DC/NoVA areas, just ask.

100% Certified 'Bona-Nut'

we've already chatted via email but hope things get better as you settle in.

Standing by here in Toronto, Canada

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

anything to promote Joe...later.

cowboy

LarryJR wrote:

Hello all, this is Larry, the new Street Team Captain. Sorry that it has taken so long for me to get onto the forum. Amongst being very busy there was a problem with my IP Address and I was blocked from the forum. I have taken care of the problem so I stopping by to say hello. First off, thank you to everyone who helped with the Spring Tour 2012. Every show was pretty much sold out and that's because of your hard work passing out flyers and telling everyone you know. Thank you.

I know there have been a few problems with certain things regarding contact with me or meet and greets. I make it a point to try and answer every email within  24 hours unless it's the weekend. If I never answered your email it may be because I never received it or it was forwarded to the person who can better answer it. I will make an effort to let you know when that happens. There are a few people who have said that I didn't answer their emails When I go back and check through my outlook it is evident that an email never existed. On another note, if you have been sending emails to Alexis, I'm afraid that nobody see's that. I try about once a month to check his account but please make sure you send them to me.

We did have a little situation with the M&G's but that was taken care of and 2 emails have been sent out with an explanation. As you can imagine now that Joe is getting popular the amount of people wanting to meet with Joe are becoming astronomical and it is of utmost importance that the Street Teamers stay the most important. Even still it is hard to get everyone the M&G that they want. We are working on a way to keep Joe's most important fan(Street Team) on the inside track as you have helped him to the top.

There are always going to be people that want more and are always unhappy, I try my best to make every single person happy.

On a lighter note, Joe has just released his 13th album and it making it's way to become a #1 hit. If you haven't heard it, what are you waiting for? It's amazing, and awesome to think that each year Joe continues to get better and better. I can't think of another artist like Joe.

In the next few months a massive Street Team email with be send out asking for your help with the upcoming Fall Tour throughout the US. We will need your help to once again open the eyes of people and show them just how incredible Joe is and help promote the shows. Keep a look out for that email.

The best way to contact me is my email at Larry@jr-adventures.com and my phone number is 954.428.4440 ext 210

Thanks again,
Larry

Hi, Larry,  just joined street team website a few weeks ago.  Hope to help on fall tour. Thanks for info

Hello, Larry!  I am ready to assist in any way possible to promote the December 1, 2012, "Evening With Joe Bonamassa" at the Mississippi Gulf Coast Coliseum in Biloxi.  I am prepared to cover New Orleans and the entire stretch of the Mississippi Gulf Coast from Bay St. Louis to Pascagoula.  I've spread the word about Mr. Bonamassa on Facebook and word-to-mouth, with excellent responses.

"Winners never quit; and, quitters never win."  Ted Turner

magnolia_moon wrote:

Hello, Larry!  I am ready to assist in any way possible to promote the December 1, 2012, "Evening With Joe Bonamassa" at the Mississippi Gulf Coast Coliseum in Biloxi.  I am prepared to cover New Orleans and the entire stretch of the Mississippi Gulf Coast from Bay St. Louis to Pascagoula.  I've spread the word about Mr. Bonamassa on Facebook and word-to-mouth, with excellent responses.

I am not so "new," I simply forgot my Login name and password.  (Wrote it down this time.)

"Winners never quit; and, quitters never win."  Ted Turner

Howdy Larry,
Sorry I didn't get on the "Welcome Wagon" earlier.
I'm in Dallas, TX and would be happy to help anyway way I can.
In the past couple of weeks, I got some people to purchase merchandise and tickets to Joe's concert here in October.

Just spreading the "Joe Love" here in "Big D".
Take care,
Lori

Hey Larry
I emailed you seperately about helping if needed for Springfield later this yr. ( I am an existing member) I do not recall getting a reply. So, I will offer again if you need some help.
I also never made it over to JBXP so please post any impt. street team info here if you could.
Thanks!

Rob

Hi Larry. I would like to head up the Street Team for Cincinnati on 11/9. I started an event page back in April on JBXP and have been promoting it. Here's the link http://jbxp.net/event/202   I'll be waiting to hear from you. gypsygenie1@hotmail.com    or better yet https://www.facebook.com/jeanie.smith.56?ref=tn_tnmn

Thanks Jeanie Smith

Bonabuddy

Hello Larry.  We've been promoting Joe since Nov. 2006.    Whatever you need in the Orlando area.  Always ready to help. smile

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

Jane H. wrote:

Hi Jeanie. FWIW I am not sure how often Larry checks in here. It would be advisable to also send him a seperate email I would think, if you already haven't.

Hi Jane, Yes I have thanks smile

Bonabuddy

FYI

As you probably all will have guessed from the email a couple of days ago, Larry has left the building. That's all I know, and all we really need to know, so please let's not get into any discussions about why, when, etc.

The next incumbent of this position will certainly come and introduce him/herself at the appropriate time. Until then, we'll just have to sit tight. wink

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

I've been tempted to officially join the street team for a long time...even before I decided to stop lurking around here.

News of this sort makes me wonder just how useful that might be.  Unofficial channels seem to be more productive, from where I'm sitting.  Sorry if that's extending the discussion.

Play like you've worked at it, and don't worry about sounding like your influences.  You can't cheat on them, or your practice, anyway.  If you've worked hard at your skill, your audience will know it.

JBFan4Life wrote:

I've been tempted to officially join the street team for a long time...even before I decided to stop lurking around here.

News of this sort makes me wonder just how useful that might be.  Unofficial channels seem to be more productive, from where I'm sitting.  Sorry if that's extending the discussion.

As always this forum keeps you informed whether there is any interest in ST activities or not. The Street Team I think is ever evolving and Alexis had his vision and Larry I believe was trying to stay the same course. That is debatable whether that is or was a good thing.

I really think Alexis did some good things. It was still Alexis's vision and maybe was hard to pick up where it was left off. I have my own ideas about Street Team evolution and have expressed some thoughts to the office.

If nothing else signing up for Street Team gets you on that specific email list and gets you blasted with the newsletter and possible pre sale codes. I know there has been some confusion lately on pre sales but I think there is an effort underway to make sure that Street Team will have some form of first notification.

I think if they use this opportunity to define the Street Team moving forward it will be a worthy organization to be involved with.

Well stated, Jim.

Is there a different newsletter from the standard one, for the Street Team?  I already get the JB newsletter, if that's what you're referring to.  Presale codes would be a perk, but not a prerequisite for deciding to join.  Though I'm not convinced just signing up should merit advanced options on tickets.  One could be a street teamer in name only.  Hard to spell out a proper mechanism for earning the right to better seats than the "average" fan.

I like the idea of better definition, moving forward.  Short of handing out fliers, I'm a pretty active Joe B. booster.  Just ask my friends and acquaintances.  Even people I don't know....

Play like you've worked at it, and don't worry about sounding like your influences.  You can't cheat on them, or your practice, anyway.  If you've worked hard at your skill, your audience will know it.

Thanks Jim for your thoughts.
It is sometimes difficult leading an effort when you have to decide to stay the course or make a change.
Atleast Larry's departure explains why I never heard back from him. I contacted him more then once asking if I could help sell out Springfield MA. Never got a response back...I figured someting was up. Good luck to the next person who assumes the effort of leading the street team troops!

Wow.....dissapointed for those of us who are really trying to promote Joe's shows.  They're already advertising Joe's show here in Toledo in Nov....I sent a few emails asking for info on when we might get some flyers.  I know there's a lot of support here waiting for the next person who takes over.

Bonaburst #18, JB Epi #191, MusicMan Darklord, LP Cherryburst Traditional Plus, Gigliotti GT, Takamine, Takamine 12 string, Martin D-28 & GPCPA1, Fender Amer STD Strat, Fender Custom Shop Gold Metalflake, Custom "OSU" Wagner Tele, Gibson SG Limited Govt Model, Jim Kelly Combo

Hey Larry, Welcome and good luck w/ being overwhelmed. Glad Joe is not in the N.W. for awhile, because I'm dealing w/ medical redtape and a potential 5th surgery but let myself and Murfdog in Salem know of any needed help "Further on down the Road" for any and all things Joe. We told him he was overdue for finally bringing BCC here, but he promised when that gets going again. I'm not online alot, as I live in a very rural place here on the coast and gotta use the library for an hr at a time when I can. Thanx