Topic: GOTHAM CITY to TAVISTOCK

7:17 PM .... August 2nd 2007 .... Tavistock   England

The moon partially hidden by the white edge night clouds , hangs mysteriously over the dark dimly lit town of Tavistock
As Me and Robin swoop down through the howling windy night sky ... We see the faint orange street lamps below . . . . Our Destiny Awaits
We land silently upon the cobbled streets . . No One About , No One , all the houses are quiet
it's deathly dark , it's eerily still ........... We edge along walls , peering around corners , creeping through the streets , dark silent no one about . . . . Then
Batman .... Ssssshhh  Quiet  Wait ! ,  Wonderboy what's that i hear
Robin    .... I think it's coming from over there ---> pointing to an old red bricked establishment
                 a faint sound of laughter and music .... They both raise their capes and Quick Dash
                 to the wall surrounding the front of "The Wharf" ,   They peep over and see dark   
                 shadows passing light filled windows
Batman turns to Robin while they crouch behind the low wall ,  " Right Robin listen our mission to find the one they call Smokin' Joe and his Gang who are said to be capturing the souls of music lovin' folk all over the world
Robin .... O K  Batman . . Let's Rock
We dareingly enter the building not knowing what we might encounter
(There is a Fine Line Between Comic Book and Reality Here !)
The caped crusader and wonderboy burst through the double doors and announce their entrance
Batman .... "Hold it Right There" . . . . the audience turn around and all start to laugh
Batman .... "Look Robin it seems they are all under some kind of spell
Robin    .... "Yes Dark Knight .. We've bargained more than before we came and got .... uhhh !
  They push and squeeze their way thru the dancing , screaming , smiling hordes of bodies til they
   reach the stage ........... Something of an Epic Battle Ensues . . And Reads Like THIS
8:01 PM   Front Stage
Batman .... O K There he is , The smiley confident one
Robin    .... I see him Bruce
Batman ....  Hey , don't call me Bruce
Robin    ....  Sorry Bruce
.... KAPPPOOWWWWWW
Robin    .... Ouch !
Batman ....  Concentrate Robin his force is Strong
Robin    ....  Look Batman he has a Guitar
Batman ....  That's no guitar Kidblunder , that's a Gibson Soul Stealing Machine
Robin    ....  Cripes Batman , " That's a What"
BRIDGE TO BETTER DAYS
Batman ....   What was That ,  KERRRRRRRAAANNNNNGGGGG !
Robin    ....   HOLY GUITAR CHOPS !
Batman ....   NO !    Now the light beams are burning me
Robin    ....   I Think you might find , that's the lighting rig big pants
.... THWAAAAAAAACCCCCCKK
Robin    ....   Ouch !
Batman  ....  Listen get a grip Boy Wonder
MOUNTAIN TIME
Robin    ....   I Am falling under their spell
.... KIICCCCCCCKKKKKKK
Batman ....   Snap out of it , cover your eyes
Robin    ....   But i can still hear him you wacko
Batman ....   Look they're all hypnotised by the soul stealing thingy
Robin    ....   But I can't see a thingy
.... PUNNNNNNCCCCCHHHH
Batman ....   Take your hands away now and help me
Robin    ....   But my crotch is tight in this costume and it's cutting right into me
.... SMAAAAAACCCCCKKKEROO
WOKE UP DREAMING
Robin    ....   "Woke up Dreaming , i was gonna die"
Batman ....   You'll wake up screaming if you don't help !
Robin    ....   Them sounds i'm moving & smiling uncontrollably .. he's good .
Batman ....    " Look he's got a differant weapon , and he's on his own
Robin    ....    Yes the wood shredding speed machine that makes people Quiet
                    and why is everyone still and we keep argueing
Batman ....     O K . . Let's put plan B into Action
Robin    ....     "Plan B , Plan B  ! . . . We Don't even have a plan A ........ I Was gonna get a Few
                     Beers and a take out , hire out Spiderman 3 on DVD and have a night in ......
                     But NO , you wanted to come here 3'000 miles and you say we gotta save the
                     World , and another thing , we put on these over tight costumes and came to
                     Tavistock . . Huh  what for
Batman ....     Yeah thats right Robin , Save Tavistock
Robin    ....     But i think Tavistock is a pretty cool happening place next to old Gothic Gotham City
.... KERRRRRRRPUNNNCCCCHHHH
Batman ....     If you Dis Gotham one more time , i swear i'm gonna open up a can of
                    Pain and Sorrow on your As* Robert
Robin    ....    Calm down , you're getting your Knickers in a twist
Baman  ....     Look Robin , It looks like Spiderman on the Trashcans "we must stop him smiling"
Robin    ....     "HOLY WEBSLINGER"  Yeah he does look alot like Toby McGuire  (michael  L O L )
HIGH WATER EVERYWHERE
Batman  ....    GET THE BATBOAT !
Robin     ....    Why the F**k do we need a batboat
Batman  ....     Errrrr , cos it's cool ?
Robin     ....     We've got a Batmobile , a Batcopter , a Bat Boat ,  Do you know how much those
                      things cost to run , and the insurance and tax ... Jeez .... plus the way you drive
                      around town , were lucky if we get 4 miles to the gallon, as for parking the f**kin
                      things i just don't think you should
.... KAPPPPOWWWWWAH
Batman   ....     Robin c'mon i'll get him with the Bat Boomerang Wing
.... WIZZZZZZZZZZEEE
Robin      ....     You've just knocked out Dave the Guitar Tech
Batman   ....      "Look There , Iceman Rojas"
Robin      ....      What he used to drive an ice cream van (Carmine Driving One)   Vision  LMAO
Batman   ....      No Rob , He's so cool , he can freeze audiences with his 4 string Resonator
Robin      ....      You mean they admire him !
.... THUDDDDDDDDHHHH
Robin     ....     Ouch ?
Batman  ....      And there's Fingers Rick , he's the Smartest
Robin     ....      What does he do
Batman  ....      Yep he's the Mastermind behind all this & he's just the best ivory tickler on the globe
Robin     ....      Holy Schemoly , he does look a bit like the Riddler !
Batman  ....      Robin i'm going for the Leader and Spidey , You get Iceman & Fingers , Back me up
Robin     ....      I'll do no such thing .... They're my Superheroes Now
Batman  ....      But you're My Sidekick , My Buddy , My Wonderboy , My Caped Crusader
Robin     ....      Listen cut the Cr*p and just enjoy the show
Batman  ....      Robin , you know i think you're right
Robin     ....     Yes Batman , open up those Bat ears and you'll see Smokin' Joe and his Gang are
                      the heroes here , they're spreading fun and happiness through-out the globe
Batman  ....      "HOLY SLOE GIN"     Yes Yes ,  my body's moving and i'm smiling again
JUST GOT PAID
Robin    ....       "Just got paid today"
Batman ....       "I got a pocketful of change"
Robin    ....       Well you would have if you sell all those vehicles
Batman ....        "Step in my Costume and Take my Cape"
9:30 PM . . . .    Interlude 
9:35 PM . . . .    ENCORE
ASKING AROUND FOR YOU
Robin    ....       Batman it's alright to cry
Batman ....       Will you play cards with me and Drink some Coffee with me when i'm in Heaven
Robin    ....       Tap you on the shoulder Good Buddy ... Sure Will
9:59 PM . . . .    As the night comes to a close , The Caped Crusaders were whooping it up with
                        The Tavistock Locals , After the show finished they chatted with the friendly
                        peoples of Tavistock and with Smokin' , Spidey , Iceman , Fingers
                        Holy Blues Rock we sure did have a good time Robin , this is fun laughing and
                        joking and Backslapping
Dave the Guitar Tech , wakes up . . .What Der F**k Bat Dude and .. SLLLLAAAAAAAAPPPPPP
Batman  .... Ouch !
00:01 AM
The Duo were last seen Walking in the Shadows out onto the Cobbled streets of Tavistock
Can't help thinking that Batman & Robin are reporting back to Commissioner Gordon in Gotham

MEANWHILE : . . . . Back in Gotham City

COMMISSIONER GORDON'S OFFICE

Knock Knock
Commissioner Gordon .... "Come in"
Batman and Robin Enter
Commissioner Gordon .... "Well Batman and Robin Did you Save Tavistock from Smokin' Joe and his
                                     Cohorts
Batman                    ....  "Yeah Commissioner , Our Toughest Assignment Yet"
Commissioner Gordon ....  " And you Robin"
Robin                       ....  "Yes Sir He Just Got Paid"
Batman                    ....  "And He's Burning Hell For Sure"
Commissioner Gordon ....  "Good , Good Job Men , You Two Have a Week Off "
They Leave The Office Smiling .........
As They Close The Office Door , Robin Turns to Batman and say's
Robin    .... "What You Gonna Do Now Batman"
Batman .... "I'm Gonna Get Me Some Sloe Gin"
Robin    ....  "Me Too Bruce"
THWAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKK

HOLY GUITAR CHOPS

......................... Michael wink

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Re: GOTHAM CITY to TAVISTOCK

Michael, I do believe you're wired differently than the rest of us..................but in a good way! smile:):):):)

dude i said it once and i will say it again . i need some of that stuff you are taking also i really need to party with you . you ever get to nyc let me know we will have to go out and party up ......joe

HOLY SH*T!!! How do you do it???? Your mind is a wonderland! Still a hint of the braille for the deaf, lol).......Thank you Michael, these tales truly are a gift!!! Cathy

Hmmm...I'm envisioning a comic book or a movie based on this.  Great interpretation!

Mary

LOL-ler-tastic.

Michael - I'm speechless......

I posted a short review and a couple of pictures myself on the Strangers In The Night website at:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/s- … sage/16360

-------------------------------------------------------

Just got back from seeing Joe Bonamassa and his band perform at The Wharf, Tavistock for 90 minutes.

A capacity sell out crowd of about 400 with ages from under 8 to pensioners, rocked away as a true master of his art performed beautiful sensitive, technically perfect and expressive rock and blues guitar - using Les paul, Telecaster and Stratocaster, plus incredible - and I do mean incredible - acoustic. 

Set list was extensively from his You and Me album and some from the soon to be relaesed Sloe Gin.

I had a stinking cold, the venue is tiny and got super hot, but for me this is what rock guitar based entertainment should be like.

For once I was not at the front and I didnt use by big professional equipment - but I still got a few decent snaps with my new toy.

Bass, drums and keyboards were excellent support too.

Check out his web site and in particular his amazing biography details:

At ten, Joe began performing at local venues and at twelve, he was asked to open for B. B. King. The blues legend, after hearing Joe play for the first time, declared, "This kid's potential is unbelievable. He hasn't even begun to scratch the surface. He's one of a kind."

http://www.jbonamassa.com/joe_bonamassa … mation.htm

If you get the chance to see him - take it, you won't regret it. Tour dates for UK are as follows:

8/3/07 BOURNEMOUTH, UK  MR. KYPS tba
8/4/07 BEDFORD, UK RHYTHYM FEST WITH DR JOHN  tba
8/5/07 HOLMFIRTH, UK  PICTURE DROME  tba

Oh Michael ....  that just made my Friday morning!  The very thought ......  guess we'll see you laters.  Safe journey.

Wow hey micheal, let me know what you were drinking, I WANT SOME OF THAT !!!!! .....like it !! not long now til I set of on my journey to poole Ive waited for this for a long time!! .....well since March!! bringing the other half  tonight shes not seen Joe before, I wouldnt say she was a big music fan, but since seeing Joe at shepherds bush, Ive played a lot of Joe, and its worked!! I think shes quietly excited. bring it on!!!, are there new t shirts at the shows?..............K

Let there be drums......and there was drums

9 (edited by Barbara 2007-08-03 08:43:55)

Holy Bat stories Michael!!  WOW, you continue to amaze me with your spellbinding reviews.  How do you come up with them, huh?  Have a question for you.  Where was Catwoman?  Honestly, this might be your finest review yet.  Absolutely loved it.  I am sure Joe's show was a rockin' blast and I am positive you met and chatted it up with many Bonamassa fans.  Please keep bringing us your AWESOME reviews and definitely keep on rockin'..........  Take care and travel safely.

Barbara

OMFG! That was the most whacked out review I've ever read. And I laughed my *ss off. Michael, you've done it again.

I'm just saying.

Hey Michael,

What planet did you say you were from? lol

That is the most whacked out review I think I've ever read. What an imagination you have.  I have to agree with some of the other remarks.  I want some of whatever you're taking.  lol   Seriously tho, very funny review.  I hope Ken and I get a chance to hook up with you at one of Joe's shows.  It would be an honor to buy you a beer my bona-friend.

"Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding"

michael*lynch wrote:

7:17 PM .... August 2nd 2007 .... Tavistock   England

The moon partially hidden by the white edge night clouds , hangs mysteriously over the dark dimly lit town of Tavistock
As Me and Robin swoop down through the howling windy night sky ... We see the faint orange street lamps below . . . . Our Destiny Awaits
We land silently upon the cobbled streets . . No One About , No One , all the houses are quiet
it's deathly dark , it's eerily still ........... We edge along walls , peering around corners , creeping through the streets , dark silent no one about . . . . Then
Batman .... Ssssshhh  Quiet  Wait ! ,  Wonderboy what's that i hear
Robin    .... I think it's coming from over there ---> pointing to an old red bricked establishment
                 a faint sound of laughter and music .... They both raise their capes and Quick Dash
                 to the wall surrounding the front of "The Wharf" ,   They peep over and see dark   
                 shadows passing light filled windows
Batman turns to Robin while they crouch behind the low wall ,  " Right Robin listen our mission to find the one they call Smokin' Joe and his Gang who are said to be capturing the souls of music lovin' folk all over the world
Robin .... O K  Batman . . Let's Rock
We dareingly enter the building not knowing what we might encounter
(There is a Fine Line Between Comic Book and Reality Here !)
The caped crusader and wonderboy burst through the double doors and announce their entrance
Batman .... "Hold it Right There" . . . . the audience turn around and all start to laugh
Batman .... "Look Robin it seems they are all under some kind of spell
Robin    .... "Yes Dark Knight .. We've bargained more than before we came and got .... uhhh !
  They push and squeeze their way thru the dancing , screaming , smiling hordes of bodies til they
   reach the stage ........... Something of an Epic Battle Ensues . . And Reads Like THIS
8:01 PM   Front Stage
Batman .... O K There he is , The smiley confident one
Robin    .... I see him Bruce
Batman ....  Hey , don't call me Bruce
Robin    ....  Sorry Bruce
.... KAPPPOOWWWWWW
Robin    .... Ouch !
Batman ....  Concentrate Robin his force is Strong
Robin    ....  Look Batman he has a Guitar
Batman ....  That's no guitar Kidblunder , that's a Gibson Soul Stealing Machine
Robin    ....  Cripes Batman , " That's a What"
BRIDGE TO BETTER DAYS
Batman ....   What was That ,  KERRRRRRRAAANNNNNGGGGG !
Robin    ....   HOLY GUITAR CHOPS !
Batman ....   NO !    Now the light beams are burning me
Robin    ....   I Think you might find , that's the lighting rig big pants
.... THWAAAAAAAACCCCCCKK
Robin    ....   Ouch !
Batman  ....  Listen get a grip Boy Wonder
MOUNTAIN TIME
Robin    ....   I Am falling under their spell
.... KIICCCCCCCKKKKKKK
Batman ....   Snap out of it , cover your eyes
Robin    ....   But i can still hear him you wacko
Batman ....   Look they're all hypnotised by the soul stealing thingy
Robin    ....   But I can't see a thingy
.... PUNNNNNNCCCCCHHHH
Batman ....   Take your hands away now and help me
Robin    ....   But my crotch is tight in this costume and it's cutting right into me
.... SMAAAAAACCCCCKKKEROO
WOKE UP DREAMING
Robin    ....   "Woke up Dreaming , i was gonna die"
Batman ....   You'll wake up screaming if you don't help !
Robin    ....   Them sounds i'm moving & smiling uncontrollably .. he's good .
Batman ....    " Look he's got a differant weapon , and he's on his own
Robin    ....    Yes the wood shredding speed machine that makes people Quiet
                    and why is everyone still and we keep argueing
Batman ....     O K . . Let's put plan B into Action
Robin    ....     "Plan B , Plan B  ! . . . We Don't even have a plan A ........ I Was gonna get a Few
                     Beers and a take out , hire out Spiderman 3 on DVD and have a night in ......
                     But NO , you wanted to come here 3'000 miles and you say we gotta save the
                     World , and another thing , we put on these over tight costumes and came to
                     Tavistock . . Huh  what for
Batman ....     Yeah thats right Robin , Save Tavistock
Robin    ....     But i think Tavistock is a pretty cool happening place next to old Gothic Gotham City
.... KERRRRRRRPUNNNCCCCHHHH
Batman ....     If you Dis Gotham one more time , i swear i'm gonna open up a can of
                    Pain and Sorrow on your As* Robert
Robin    ....    Calm down , you're getting your Knickers in a twist
Baman  ....     Look Robin , It looks like Spiderman on the Trashcans "we must stop him smiling"
Robin    ....     "HOLY WEBSLINGER"  Yeah he does look alot like Toby McGuire  (michael  L O L )
HIGH WATER EVERYWHERE
Batman  ....    GET THE BATBOAT !
Robin     ....    Why the F**k do we need a batboat
Batman  ....     Errrrr , cos it's cool ?
Robin     ....     We've got a Batmobile , a Batcopter , a Bat Boat ,  Do you know how much those
                      things cost to run , and the insurance and tax ... Jeez .... plus the way you drive
                      around town , were lucky if we get 4 miles to the gallon, as for parking the f**kin
                      things i just don't think you should
.... KAPPPPOWWWWWAH
Batman   ....     Robin c'mon i'll get him with the Bat Boomerang Wing
.... WIZZZZZZZZZZEEE
Robin      ....     You've just knocked out Dave the Guitar Tech
Batman   ....      "Look There , Iceman Rojas"
Robin      ....      What he used to drive an ice cream van (Carmine Driving One)   Vision  LMAO
Batman   ....      No Rob , He's so cool , he can freeze audiences with his 4 string Resonator
Robin      ....      You mean they admire him !
.... THUDDDDDDDDHHHH
Robin     ....     Ouch ?
Batman  ....      And there's Fingers Rick , he's the Smartest
Robin     ....      What does he do
Batman  ....      Yep he's the Mastermind behind all this & he's just the best ivory tickler on the globe
Robin     ....      Holy Schemoly , he does look a bit like the Riddler !
Batman  ....      Robin i'm going for the Leader and Spidey , You get Iceman & Fingers , Back me up
Robin     ....      I'll do no such thing .... They're my Superheroes Now
Batman  ....      But you're My Sidekick , My Buddy , My Wonderboy , My Caped Crusader
Robin     ....      Listen cut the Cr*p and just enjoy the show
Batman  ....      Robin , you know i think you're right
Robin     ....     Yes Batman , open up those Bat ears and you'll see Smokin' Joe and his Gang are
                      the heroes here , they're spreading fun and happiness through-out the globe
Batman  ....      "HOLY SLOE GIN"     Yes Yes ,  my body's moving and i'm smiling again
JUST GOT PAID
Robin    ....       "Just got paid today"
Batman ....       "I got a pocketful of change"
Robin    ....       Well you would have if you sell all those vehicles
Batman ....        "Step in my Costume and Take my Cape"
9:30 PM . . . .    Interlude 
9:35 PM . . . .    ENCORE
ASKING AROUND FOR YOU
Robin    ....       Batman it's alright to cry
Batman ....       Will you play cards with me and Drink some Coffee with me when i'm in Heaven
Robin    ....       Tap you on the shoulder Good Buddy ... Sure Will
9:59 PM . . . .    As the night comes to a close , The Caped Crusaders were whooping it up with
                        The Tavistock Locals , After the show finished they chatted with the friendly
                        peoples of Tavistock and with Smokin' , Spidey , Iceman , Fingers
                        Holy Blues Rock we sure did have a good time Robin , this is fun laughing and
                        joking and Backslapping
Dave the Guitar Tech , wakes up . . .What Der F**k Bat Dude and .. SLLLLAAAAAAAAPPPPPP
Batman  .... Ouch !
00:01 AM
The Duo were last seen Walking in the Shadows out onto the Cobbled streets of Tavistock
Can't help thinking that Batman & Robin are reporting back to Commissioner Gordon in Gotham

MEANWHILE : . . . . Back in Gotham City

COMMISSIONER GORDON'S OFFICE

Knock Knock
Commissioner Gordon .... "Come in"
Batman and Robin Enter
Commissioner Gordon .... "Well Batman and Robin Did you Save Tavistock from Smokin' Joe and his
                                     Cohorts
Batman                    ....  "Yeah Commissioner , Our Toughest Assignment Yet"
Commissioner Gordon ....  " And you Robin"
Robin                       ....  "Yes Sir He Just Got Paid"
Batman                    ....  "And He's Burning Hell For Sure"
Commissioner Gordon ....  "Good , Good Job Men , You Two Have a Week Off "
They Leave The Office Smiling .........
As They Close The Office Door , Robin Turns to Batman and say's
Robin    .... "What You Gonna Do Now Batman"
Batman .... "I'm Gonna Get Me Some Sloe Gin"
Robin    ....  "Me Too Bruce"
THWAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKK

HOLY GUITAR CHOPS

......................... Michael wink

i just downloaded a copy of the tavistock show if you need a copy it is up on dime a dozen .joe

Michael, when you said you were going to come up to Holmfirth and that we should go as Batman and Robin, I thought you were off your head! Ok so you chose to give the north a miss this time, jeez, thank God you did, you were serious after all. Or maybe serious is not the word. Wish I'd been at Goth sorry Tavistock with you my friend, but I'm just overdosing on the Shepherds Bush gig in readiness for tomorrow night, Joe's last gig in the UK.

Speak on the bone later next week friend. Hope Annelise enjoyed her trip!

Geoff

Geoff O

Visit my Casino Images website http://www.casino-images.com/

We just threw in the white towell, you win! Man your wacked..lol..

Shred