Topic: Hello from the new Street Team Captain

Hello all, this is Larry, the new Street Team Captain. Sorry that it has taken so long for me to get onto the forum. Amongst being very busy there was a problem with my IP Address and I was blocked from the forum. I have taken care of the problem so I stopping by to say hello. First off, thank you to everyone who helped with the Spring Tour 2012. Every show was pretty much sold out and that's because of your hard work passing out flyers and telling everyone you know. Thank you.

I know there have been a few problems with certain things regarding contact with me or meet and greets. I make it a point to try and answer every email within  24 hours unless it's the weekend. If I never answered your email it may be because I never received it or it was forwarded to the person who can better answer it. I will make an effort to let you know when that happens. There are a few people who have said that I didn't answer their emails When I go back and check through my outlook it is evident that an email never existed. On another note, if you have been sending emails to Alexis, I'm afraid that nobody see's that. I try about once a month to check his account but please make sure you send them to me.

We did have a little situation with the M&G's but that was taken care of and 2 emails have been sent out with an explanation. As you can imagine now that Joe is getting popular the amount of people wanting to meet with Joe are becoming astronomical and it is of utmost importance that the Street Teamers stay the most important. Even still it is hard to get everyone the M&G that they want. We are working on a way to keep Joe's most important fan(Street Team) on the inside track as you have helped him to the top.

There are always going to be people that want more and are always unhappy, I try my best to make every single person happy.

On a lighter note, Joe has just released his 13th album and it making it's way to become a #1 hit. If you haven't heard it, what are you waiting for? It's amazing, and awesome to think that each year Joe continues to get better and better. I can't think of another artist like Joe.

In the next few months a massive Street Team email with be send out asking for your help with the upcoming Fall Tour throughout the US. We will need your help to once again open the eyes of people and show them just how incredible Joe is and help promote the shows. Keep a look out for that email.

The best way to contact me is my email at Larry@jr-adventures.com and my phone number is 954.428.4440 ext 210

Thanks again,
Larry

Re: Hello from the new Street Team Captain

Hi Larry, I'll echo what Jane said. Ready and willing as always to help any way that works, and praying for a SoCal gig to promote that is yet to be announced for the fall tour. Glad to have you onboard for what I know is a monumental and mostly thankless task. Any pertinent info posted here can be broadcast to other Street Teamers who may not know where to look by those that do.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Good to see that you finally made it. I'll just give you one well meant piece of advice:- one timely, informative post here (as well as FB and that other place,) can ensure that you do not get x mails in your inbox all asking the same question! wink

I'm sure that you will already have been asked this in numerous mails, so I'll throw it out here too - tickets for the 2013 London shows go on sale June 1, despite the fact that till now, the only confirmation of these shows is an ad in a UK magazine - are any arrangements in hand to give street teamers/old fans any kind of priority for the Borderline, a venue that only accommodates 300-400? Will any tickets for the other London shows be 'reserved' in any way by J&R, since it's probably already too late for any kind of pre-sale?

FYI, the 'street team' had a small, separate allocation for RAH tickets back in 09.

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

Here to help Larry.  Just have to ask.

Will gladly help in upstate NY or anywhere actually if needed.

Hi Larry...

Glad you're on board and by the way when will the new Street Team T-shirts come out ?

P/s I can help you out with the Youngstown Ohio postcard-flyers if you need me to..

Don

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

good morning from sunny South East England, - also here to help, - my focus of interest is engaging a younger audience with blues/rock, and in particular Joe because I believe he has such an engaging humble persona that does work well with kid; he is a danm fine role model for what can be achieved if you are prepared to work at it!  - I have worked within the education sector for 12 years. I tried to engage the "keeping blues alive" team a while back but got a response was perhaps not as interested as I had hoped it would be.

As George has said above Joe has earmarked some dates in 2013 for a London mini tour, - it would be good if that could also encompass something for the future generations, - not just us old f4rts... smile

Ian

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

Jane H. wrote:

Hi Larry thanks for the post!
I've been on the team since 2003.
I try to wait for you to call on me and not call on you too much as I know you are busy.
Don't mistake this for lack of enthusiasm or desire to be helpful though!
I have already sent you some of my suggestions and comments so unless you did not receive them I won't repeat it all here.
I will remind you though that IMO this forum is a great place to leave instructions that can easily be referenced and the rest of us can then be sure of the ppoper way to help and to share with others on the other sites like fb and stuff.
And if there is anything we can do to make things easier let us know.
I know you need to keep things tight in the office but rely on us and this place when you can.
Best!
Jane

Larry I'm with Jane on this one. I feel this Topic and Forum Itself was underutilized during Alexis's tenure. Although the original plan was to move all Street Team activities to JBXP we are a stubborn lot and chose not to join the party there. There are however some very good Street Team assets here that will leap into action when prompted. Don't forget us here.

I think it would be time well spent to explore the history of the Street Team and although it is an ever evolving entity the foundation of it and motivation of it remains the same. Those of us here understand the concept and Jane has been with it from the beginning along with many others. Melissa, Stu, Phil and I.

We will happily participate in the new methods and no bribery will be needed. wink

Hi Larry
Pelham N.H. here ready to help when asked.
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Hi, Larry!  Welcome to the Forum.  I know you know this, but everyone here wants nothing but success for Joe, and we'll do whatever we're asked to do to make that happen.  Ask, and ye shall receive...   wink

And, as I've said before here and elsewhere, I sincerely appreciate your efforts in straightening out my little kerfuffle involving the Des Moines show.  Thanks again!

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Reporting for duty, sir - and standing by for marching orders! smile

kestrou

I'm another who has been doing this for a long time, and I'm available for the Massachusetts (and surrounding states) area. 

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Hi Larry.  What I would like to see is a MS Word document created each tour leg  that Street Teamers can add in their date and venue information and print on our own.  Low cost and simple.  And doesn't require special software or artistic skill for the worker bees.

I too never quite made the transition to JBXP.  I tried, but that type of media is not for me.  Long live the Internet Bulletin Board / Forum!

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

What's JBXP? big_smile  Can help with DC show in November

Jim

jclark42796 wrote:

What's JBXP? big_smile  Can help with DC show in November

Jim

Too funny Jim...

Music is good for the Soul...

jclark42796 wrote:

What's JBXP? big_smile

It's this place that just sent me an email link to a video of Joe's highlights from the Letterman appearance...and the darned thing won't play (I gave up after about 10 minutes of the darned thing pausing every second or two; never even got to the :30 mark in the video)!  wink

P.S. The YouTube video link to Episode 8 of the DTTD diary worked just fine, so it isn't my internet connection that's the problem with the Letterman video...

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Coach305 wrote:
jclark42796 wrote:

What's JBXP? big_smile

It's this place that just sent me an email link to a video of Joe's highlights from the Letterman appearance...and the darned thing won't play (I gave up after about 10 minutes of the darned thing pausing every second or two; never even got to the :30 mark in the video)!  wink

P.S. The YouTube video link to Episode 8 of the DTTD diary worked just fine, so it isn't my internet connection that's the problem with the Letterman video...

There is a link one one of the Letterman threads that works just fine, a compilation of all the clips. Sorry can't say which one it is.

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Ready, willing, and able in Iowa.   smile

pattyluvsjoe

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184