Topic: Van Weelden TwinkleLand On Ebay

Just in case anyone has $7000 they don't know what to do with...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Van-Weelden-Twi … 27c731de95

Now if I could just win thet lottery...:)

RP

Guitars: 2002 Gibson R8, 2008 Gibson SG Standard, 1977 Fender Statocaster, 1979 el Degas Les Paul Custom, 2011 Epiphone JB Les Paul
Amps: 1982 Marshall 4010

Re: Van Weelden TwinkleLand On Ebay

A little rich for my blood...

Thats a nice little rig he's selling. Wonder what it set him back when it was new.. For 7k though, that amp would be going everywhere I play..not sitting in the house!

Mmmm.....purple... wink

JBLP Gold Top #129 - redubbed "#1 in Oz"

YIKES... they are that much?

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

rythmplaya wrote:

RP

They are great amps. Words can't discribe how they sound.

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:
rythmplaya wrote:

RP

They that much better than say a Two Rock or Bludtone? I'm still debating whether or not to get one having no opportunity obviously to try one out first.

alex.p wrote:
cindyron wrote:
rythmplaya wrote:

RP

They that much better than say a Two Rock or Bludtone? I'm still debating whether or not to get one having no opportunity obviously to try one out first.

I can't say in regards to a Bludtone but I also own a Two Rock Sig 3 I like my Twinkleland better but I also would not sell my Two Rock. As I am sure you are aware all these things depend on who is listening. What you think sounds good may and most likely will be different than what I think sounds good. Sorry not sure if i helped.
Cheers Ron

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:

I can't say in regards to a Bludtone but I also own a Two Rock Sig 3 I like my Twinkleland better but I also would not sell my Two Rock. As I am sure you are aware all these things depend on who is listening. What you think sounds good may and most likely will be different than what I think sounds good. Sorry not sure if i helped.
Cheers Ron

Thanks Ron, that pretty much sums up what I was expecting that both the Two Rock and the Van Weelden are just brilliant amps. I've been hoping I'd only want one of them as love the Two Rock Sig 3 but am craving a Twinkleland, will no doubt have to sell some bodyparts and get both down the line sad

alex.p wrote:
cindyron wrote:

Cheers Ron

Thanks Ron, that pretty much sums up what I was expecting that both the Two Rock and the Van Weelden are just brilliant amps. I've been hoping I'd only want one of them as love the Two Rock Sig 3 but am craving a Twinkleland, will no doubt have to sell some bodyparts and get both down the line sad

I will say this once you try a twinkleland I really do think you well be totally blown away. And Peter Van Weelden is a great guy. These amps are works of art.
Good luck let me know if you get one I was told you can count on both hands as to how many are in the U.S. so not many.
Good luck cheers Ron

Ron, I'm pretty sure you have that 7k spare...look at your sig!
There is a little TwikleLand shaped gap in your studiooooo....

I think I'll buy a Ceriatone instead, and spend the other $6000 on chocolate milkshakes... smile

Devan wrote:

I think I'll buy a Ceriatone instead, and spend the other $6000 on chocolate milkshakes... smile

+1 on that one Devan!!! It would be a farmers union iced coffee for me, will be buying a Ceriatone rig soon!!!

14 (edited by cindyron 2012-05-23 21:59:04)

DaveWammbarro wrote:

Ron, I'm pretty sure you have that 7k spare...look at your sig!
There is a little TwikleLand shaped gap in your studiooooo....

Yes I have a severe case of G.A.S. but I like to have a different amps for use in recording. Also when others are in it helps to get that sound out of their head into Protools.

stefanhauk wrote:
Devan wrote:

+1 on that one Devan!!! It would be a farmers union iced coffee for me, will be buying a Ceriatone rig soon!!!

Haha - I have memories of Farmers Union Iced Coffees.

I'd love to hear a tone report of the Ceriatone after you get it.  Which model are you looking at?  I am interested in getting one too.

And if you get just the amp block, you can get a custom made D-style cabinet from these guys, so you CAN go the suede purple if you wanted to! lol

http://www.amplifiednation.com/D-Style%20Cabs.htm

Devan wrote:
stefanhauk wrote:
Devan wrote:

Haha - I have memories of Farmers Union Iced Coffees.

I'd love to hear a tone report of the Ceriatone after you get it.  Which model are you looking at?  I am interested in getting one too.

And if you get just the amp block, you can get a custom made D-style cabinet from these guys, so you CAN go the suede purple if you wanted to! lol

http://www.amplifiednation.com/D-Style%20Cabs.htm

Will at first get a 2555 and then will eventually get the OTS....

17 (edited by wishkahdaddy 2012-05-24 00:37:58)

I've owned a couple of Two Rocks and a Two Rock modded by Bludotone. I can honestly say that I like my Van Weelden Twinkleland better. You can't say it's $3,000 better or whatever price you want to say. That's unmeasurable IMO. What I can say is it's a very nice amp and it's also very rare. Playing one is a novelty. People ask, "What the heck is that?" It's not always about just the tone, it's about having something unique and rare that also puts out a sound that inspires you. It's also about a product being hand made from a great individual who you have respect for. For me, that's the Van Weelden. I could gig with any good Two Rock and be totally happy with my tone if blended with the proper Marshall based amp, but that's not the point. It just feels right plugging into the Van Weelden. I also feel the same way about Alan Phillip's amps.
If you truly want to know the price. Twinkleland Head, Twinklelator, 2x12 cab shipped to the USA with all taxes and duties will run you just about $10,000 and a decent wait. The guy offering it for $7,000 is offering a fair price. I'd guess buyers remorse but who knows? I almost put mine up for sale after I first got it because of the price alone. Now, you would not be able to pry it from me!

alex.p wrote:
cindyron wrote:
rythmplaya wrote:

RP

wishkahdaddy wrote:

I've owned a couple of Two Rocks and a Two Rock modded by Bludotone. I can honestly say that I like my Van Weelden Twinkleland better. You can't say it's $3,000 better or whatever price you want to say. That's unmeasurable IMO. What I can say is it's a very nice amp and it's also very rare. Playing one is a novelty. People ask, "What the heck is that?" It's not always about just the tone, it's about having something unique and rare that also puts out a sound that inspires you. It's also about a product being hand made from a great individual who you have respect for. For me, that's the Van Weelden. I could gig with any good Two Rock and be totally happy with my tone if blended with the proper Marshall based amp, but that's not the point. It just feels right plugging into the Van Weelden. I also feel the same way about Alan Phillip's amps.
If you truly want to know the price. Twinkleland Head, Twinklelator, 2x12 cab shipped to the USA with all taxes and duties will run you just about $10,000 and a decent wait. The guy offering it for $7,000 is offering a fair price. I'd guess buyers remorse but who knows? I almost put mine up for sale after I first got it because of the price alone. Now, you would not be able to pry it from me!

alex.p wrote:
cindyron wrote:

The name is the killer for me...why name an amp after my sisters comic from the 70's???

http://www.flickr.com/photos/larkingabout/408207565/