Topic: MP3 players

Hey everyone,
   Would love to get any input on mp3 players or ipods from those who have them. Picked up a Creative 30 gig player last night and am absolutley in love with this thing. Photo's , videos and of course mass quanities of mp3s.  The videos look amazing on this 2 x 2 screen. Very impressed. Did lots of research before my purchase and this thing beats the Ipod hands down.  Anybody else?

Take care everyone. And if I don't meet you no more in this world
Then ill, I'll meet you in the next one and don't be late, don't be late

Re: MP3 players

Jeff - you did good - my husband has that exact 30 gig Zen player and loves it - he spent
most of the winter filling it up.  I have a 1 gig Creative and also love it - I use it when ice
skating because it's so small to fit in my pocket.  A friend of our's also has it and has
dropped it many times on the treadmill and it's never broken.
jaci

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind.  Mick Jagger

Thanks Jaci. I read so many reviews on the Circuit City site and 99 out 100 prefer it over the ipod so that made up my mind. Spent about 2 hours tonight loading it up, then took the dog for a nice long walk. Lance Lopez, Joe, Philip Sayce, Frank marino in my pocket.  The pictures, videos look amazing on the little screen.  Love my new gadget.

I am an Apple user, professionally and personally.  I own the Zen, and it is fine.  I think that it lacks a little bit in the unser interface, and the after market attachments.  For example I can run paired mics to my ipod to record live shows in stereo.

As far as iPods I own 6.  But like every other apple item, I do not throw any of them away.  I have my original Apple IIe

Dino wrote:

I am an Apple user, professionally and personally.  I own the Zen, and it is fine.  I think that it lacks a little bit in the unser interface, and the after market attachments.  For example I can run paired mics to my ipod to record live shows in stereo.

As far as iPods I own 6.  But like every other apple item, I do not throw any of them away.  I have my original Apple IIe

Apple IIe represent!  I got an old black and green screen too with the huge floppys. My G4 lasted me exactly 7 YEARS before I bought my new iMac. It still performs great, but not as much for the new Photoshop programs, etc. - so I gave it to my brother - they love it too.

I love iPods and I have owned 4 so far. My 20 gig I have at work, I simply CANNOT live without.

I heard they are making a new iPod with a touch screen like the iPhone now, and will probably wait until that model comes out to get another.

"Once you go MAC, you never go back!"

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

Hey Nic,
    Thanks for the input. I needed an fm radio thats the main reason I went with the Creative over the Ipod. Plus I read nothing but good things about the Zen.

I absolutely love my 4 gig iPod nano. But, due to needing more space, I'm gonna get the 30 gig soon.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

8 (edited by Pittsburgh Jeff 2007-07-19 20:52:34)

OK Here's my first issue. My thinking is to plug this in to my stereo aux and use it that way. I get a mini headphone jack that splits into 2 rca plugs. Plug it in, select aux and can't get good sound. Player all the way up, stereo plays at a real low volume. Tried turning it up and still really low volume.   Confused. Anyone?

I unplugged my speakers from my computer and plugged it in to my headphone jack, AWESOME sound. Thats why I'm having such a hard time understanding whats wrong when I run it thru my stereo.

Last summer I bought and returned 2 different 512 mb Sandisk mp3 players and a third one by RCA, 2 of which stopped working within a week and the other I just didn't care for.  Finally just went for the big time (at least for me wink) and got the iPod nano and I love it.  It's gotten me through countless hours both in the lab and at the gym.  I've heard good things about the Microsoft Zune, but don't know too much about it...anyone have one of those?

10 (edited by dknight16 2007-07-24 19:50:52)

I've have a 60GB iPod Photo for 2 or 3 years.  I use it for music exclusively.  It holds just under 13,000 songs for me.  For size and capacity, which I place a high value on, it cannot be beat.  It is a little smaller than a cigarette pack.  The Zen, Zune, and the new generation iPod Video players are all larger.

I won't replace it until someone makes one with a larger capacity (80GB would be nice) in a smaller package.  I have no interest in watching videos on a sub-3inch screen, thus the trend for larger devices to accomodate a usable video screen makes no sense to me.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster