Re: Des Moines, 5/3/12

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

WOW! Don't even know where to begin about the Des Moines show!  I can't tell you how wonderful it was to meet up with Forum friends and to put faces with names......one thing I know for sure, it feels like we have known each other forever. One of Joe's greatest talents,,,bringing people together from all walks of life!

What a mind blower....the distance traveled to come to Iowa of all places! Never in a million years would I have thought you all would have traveled here from such long distances!  Massachusetts, California, Michigan, Wisconsin,Minnesota, South Dakota, Illinois, Missouri, and Iowa!  What a statement to Joe Bonamassa!!!  Iowa kind of has a similar ring to it as "BonaWho?".."Iowa?? Not sure where it's at?? Did you mean Idaho?  Potatoes?  Oh yeah the corny state!" lol

Loved every minute of being with everyone and it was simply out of this world!   I just about worried myself into a breakdown before everyone got here, trying to figure out the logistics on getting everyone together.....I think I had everything but the kitchen sink in my purse....a huge thank you to xcorporate (Kelly) for making the seats together a reality...everyone missed sad  not getting to meet up with you , next time, talk about paying it forward....I think he may have written the bestseller on it! wink

The M&G was huge and I don't know how Joe does it, show after show.  It was fun to stand back and watch him oogle the guitars.  Nic's "Goldie"  was absolutely topnotch!  Beautiful guitar and  attention to detail...loved the pinup girl on front and Joe stickers on back of it!  And she sounds great, too!  Joe must have had deja-vu looking at it!  Many thanks Coach for giving your M&G to Duane & Lee.  Duane's first time to see Joe and Joe was definitely eyeing Duane's guitar before he got up there.....a 1966?   ? with Bigsby...maybe Coach or Lee can fill in what it was? Caught Joe's guitar techs eye, too!

The Civic Center!!  I have never been prouder to work in such a great place!  I heard many compliments of the staff!!  I do have the honor of working with a great bunch of people whose sole goal is for the patrons to have the most pleasant experience possible.  I thought it was a perfect show.  The stage is huge and it was picture perfect with lighting, etc.....there are some really beautiful moments on stage with the lighting effects.......kudos to Joe's crew for perfection!!  Also, the sound was spot on perfect! I could hear everyone playing and all very balanced....and Joe's vocals were just right, very clear!  I did not hear anything but perfection...kudos to Joe's crew again!  It all looked and sounded just like the dream I had in my head.

Joe looked very handsome and received a thunderous applause and standing ovation when he came on! Many concurred that they had never been to a Joe show where it was that loud and long from the git-go.  Great play-time
between Joe & Tal........they are so much fun to watch together....I think the twinkle in Tal's eyes could be seen clear to the very back row....Carmine, so smooth, so hip, so rhythmic.....Rick, master of the black of white...gluing everything together for such a big sound,love watching him play, had great view of him last night and thanks for setlist!

And I don't know how the crew around Joe does it?  They are always busy and on the go!  Clancy does an unbelievable job of keeping track of everything....he must have exceptional organizational skills.  To keep up with Joe's demanding schedule of shows, interviews, etc...must be  HUGE!  Thanks for all your hardwork Clancy!!!!    Bob, what the heck?  From the last two shows sales look phenomenal....what a huge job to keep track of all the inventory and assist in the M&G and who knows what else......when I got the cards to hand out before the show he apologized for being a hair late as he was trying to coordinate something South America! Holy Cow!  To all the stage crew and techs, you all must be super-human to set up and tear down over and over and over again, making it all happen for us the fans. Thanks so much!

Loved all the songs...Look Over Yonder Walls......as J-Lo would say on American Idol gives me "goosies"  Just something about it.....all songs were perfect and I'm not just saying that , it was all spot on!  And I totally don't understand how Joe can play like he does virtually non-stop.....night after night......I know in the earlier years Joe commented one time that his hands didn't quit hurting until it was time for the next show...don't know if he still experiences that or not...hope not ....so many notes played with so much fervor and flair!

And last but not least, so this doesn't turn into a novel.....

Joe playing Just Got Paid on Child #184...WOW!WOW!WOW!  We joked back and forth thru Nic, the stage mgr. at Civic Center, about letting lil' Joe have it on stage.........well,  no mercy was granted to lil' Joe  unbelievable Joe and I swear to the Guitar Gods above that lil' Joe was vibrating in the case afterwards.............and curious about the strings put on ...plain silver package with handwritten on it  "PROTO X      BONAMASSA"  ???      So much other coolness in that case with guitar, thanks Joe wink

Joe Bonamassa, thank you so much for playing at the Civic Center!  I hope you loved playing there and will want to come back in the near future!   Des Moines was absolutely bonkers over you!!!!

And I do believe, in my heart, that you could win the presidency!  Bill S. must have had a premonition with his "VOTE JOE" avatar!!  wink

As always, Joe Bonamassa, World's Greatest Guitarist, Vocalist, and All Around Great Guy...such an honor to know you!
   And the only way I know I can repay you is to keep telling the world about you...luv u

pattyluvsjoe    cool

P.S.  Coach, I am not very eloquent with words so I'm sure I'd be a problem student.... lol

Sandy,Rhonda,Rick&Helen,Bill S & Jane,Dan &Susan, Kurt & Deb, Lee & Renee, Suzie & Wade, Nic, Jon & Penny, Roy, Dave & Jo & gang, Coach, Duane, James, Brian, Amber, Christine,Rex and Vaughan  big love to all of you ♥♥♥ 

P.S.  If you ever want to hear a fun Joe gig of" Old Joe" songs,  Nic is your man.  He can play all your favorites...got to hear "You Upset Me Baby"  "Had To Cry Today" "Miss You Hate You" to name a few and got to hear Mountain Time again.  Nic, you ROCK!!!

Patty,

How did the collection of birthday gifts and cards go?...Thanks so much for organizing this opportunity to say Happy Birthday and thank Joe too...

The Other Joe B.

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me...and, I'm feelin good

The birthday cards and gifts went well.  There are some pictures on Facebook.  I think Joe likes getting mail.  He asked me if his phone bill was in the mix some where.  lol...lol.... Of course, he does not have time to open them at a M&G so hopefully he was able to kick back on the bus and enjoy them.  I'm sure he was appreciative of all who sent him one.  Perhaps Lee could post pics on here. 

I worked at the Civic Center tonight and many people asked me about Joe.  The most asked question was, "Did he like his stay in Des Moines?"   And the next most asked question was, "Will he come back here next year?"   I answered "yes" to both.....lol...lol.....well....what else could I say........  wink

And I vote yes on the annual event  smile

pattyluvsjoe cool

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Seriously late with this but I wanted to get my pictures done before I posted.  I flew from Massachusetts to Iowa (well, technically Chicago and a long drive) for this show.  It was a great chance to catch up with some good friends who I have not seen since RAH or Crossroads, and a few new ones.  Great getting to see/meet everyone.  Thanks to Rhonda for all her sharing (knowledge and access to M&G), and to Patty for having to have her guitar at the venue at a certain time which enabled a few of us to hear Tea for One being played at soundcheck-one of my personal highlights of the whole trip.

So much fun having the whole third row - and the glow-sticks were a great idea, wonder what Joe's thoughts were - looked sort of like a mini-RAH.  The show was great (and thanks Rachael for the photo-pass), loved some of the new twists on old songs, and loved the new stuff, too.  Of course, the highlight of the evening was Joe playing Patty's guitar for Just Got Paid.  Patty practically turned herself out she was so excited (I managed to escape unscathed even though I sat next to her - rumors of her harming her seat neighbors were much exaggerated).  She even got some new bling to celebrate the occassion:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24057301@N … 9659404548

All this was topped off by get-togethers before and after the show.  The Royal Mile (an English pub appropriately enough) was a great choice for food and beverages (Mr Meerkat was a big fan of the Strongbow) and Fong's Pizza was awesome.  I think the earliest I got to bed the whole trip was 3:30 am.

Here is the "Row of Glow":

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24057301@N … hotostream

And the rest of the pictures from that night:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24057301@N … 731822396/

There are a lot of pictures of Patty's guitar (for obvious reasons) but enough of the others, too.  Is it me or does Joe seem to have a thing for gold these days?  He got it right about the "mothership."

Sandy

p.s.   If you are into such things, if you are on my Flickr site check out my zoo pictures and also the Decorah eagles - that was so cool to see them -after Patty the most famous residents of Iowa.

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

The birthday cards and gifts went well.  There are some pictures on Facebook.  I think Joe likes getting mail.  He asked me if his phone bill was in the mix some where.  lol...lol.... Of course, he does not have time to open them at a M&G so hopefully he was able to kick back on the bus and enjoy them.  I'm sure he was appreciative of all who sent him one.  Perhaps Lee could post pics on here. 

I worked at the Civic Center tonight and many people asked me about Joe.  The most asked question was, "Did he like his stay in Des Moines?"   And the next most asked question was, "Will he come back here next year?"   I answered "yes" to both.....lol...lol.....well....what else could I say........  wink

And I vote yes on the annual event  smile

pattyluvsjoe cool

That's why joefansluvpatty!

Got my tickets for KC in November, the original 3 co-workers and a new addition to the fan base.
Was wondering if there will be any other DM area fans attending that show?

Would love to meet some of you guys if time allows

plumberdeluxe wrote:

Got my tickets for KC in November, the original 3 co-workers and a new addition to the fan base.

Not really DM area (more like 75 miles west, closer to Omaha, actually), but Plan A for this fall is to try to catch both the KC and St. Louis shows (helps a lot that they're on a Friday/Saturday, since school will be back in session by then).  I'm sure there will be a thread about the KC show when it is closer, so keep your eye out for it...   wink

P.S.  I spent much of my life in KC, and still consider it "home," so if you need any recommendations on barbecue joints, just holler...   big_smile

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

plumberdeluxe wrote:

I will be there and I know Lee & Renee will be there, too.  Would love to meet you, too!

pattyluvsjoe smile

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Sounds great, Would like to meet you folks as well.

hope the energy mirrors the Des Moines show.

Have not been to KC in years.
WOOHOO lets do it!

Patty....... Built alot of houses in your town.

63 (edited by RajivPaul 2012-10-17 05:37:19)

This hail map covers the areas around Des Moines, Iowa from the morning of Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 through the day and into the overnight ...

Everybody READY??????

Heading out the door now.
See ya there be in box 9