Topic: Springfield, Missouri 5-2-12

I'm getting super pumped now! I know the great Rhonda aka photogal is going to be there! Gonna be a great night! Will be my 5th Joe experience and my fiancee's first!

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Re: Springfield, Missouri 5-2-12

We got any other forum members coming?

3 (edited by meywood 2012-05-01 06:18:21)

4 of us traveling up from Yellville, AR.  1st time hearing him live for any of us.  We are very up for it.

Oh, you are in for a treat! Have fun at your first!

Deezer wrote:

Oh, you are in for a treat! Have fun at your first!

Hi there Deezer . Man , have a good time at the show . As you know , his shows are EPIC.

Great show last night! Have the setlist, will post it later. People aren't kidding, the title track off the new album was killer stuff. It's amazing to me how in just 2 short years that the light show and the backdrop and all of that has improved so much. Joe mentioned how he had played Nathan P Murphy's in Springfield the first time like 12 years ago, and the radio station that was playing Miss You Hate You at the time was saying it was gonna be a huge show. And then he played to like 6 people. lol I was at Joe's last Nathan P. Murphy's show back in 2006 (it was my first). I cannot believe how far he has come. There was a new 59 in the mix besides the usual suspects. This one had just been given to Joe right before the show. It's not his though, he's just being allowed to play it for the rest of the tour. Great flame design, and the pickup covers had been removed. Really cool guitar! I know Joe played like 4 songs on it last night. The acoustics at Juanita K Hammons proved to be really awesome, everything was crystal clear. The fiancee loved the show. It truly does take seeing Joe live to really see what all of this is about.

I was unable to do the pre-show meet and greet due to my work commitments, but I really want to thank Clancy and Rhonda (aka photogal) for getting me backstage after the show to get my JBLP signed. My fiancee thought it was really awesome to get to go backstage, and I was especially happy for her to get to meet Joe and watch him sign the guitar she bought for me. Thank you Joe for spending a good 15-20 minutes with Michelle and myself, it means a lot. Especially after spending 2 and a half hours rocking our faces off! lol Also, thanks for letting me see up close that "new" 59! That was a thrill! Just another great Joe experience. smile

Deezer wrote:

I was unable to do the pre-show meet and greet due to my work commitments, but I really want to thank Clancy and Rhonda (aka photogal) for getting me backstage after the show to get my JBLP signed. My fiancee thought it was really awesome to get to go backstage, and I was especially happy for her to get to meet Joe and watch him sign the guitar she bought for me. Thank you Joe for spending a good 15-20 minutes with Michelle and myself, it means a lot. Especially after spending 2 and a half hours rocking our faces off! lol Also, thanks for letting me see up close that "new" 59! That was a thrill! Just another great Joe experience. smile

I just love hearing stories like this! wink

kestrou

Deezer wrote:

Great show last night! Have the setlist, will post it later. People aren't kidding, the title track off the new album was killer stuff. It's amazing to me how in just 2 short years that the light show and the backdrop and all of that has improved so much. Joe mentioned how he had played Nathan P Murphy's in Springfield the first time like 12 years ago, and the radio station that was playing Miss You Hate You at the time was saying it was gonna be a huge show. And then he played to like 6 people. lol I was at Joe's last Nathan P. Murphy's show back in 2006 (it was my first). I cannot believe how far he has come. There was a new 59 in the mix besides the usual suspects. This one had just been given to Joe right before the show. It's not his though, he's just being allowed to play it for the rest of the tour. Great flame design, and the pickup covers had been removed. Really cool guitar! I know Joe played like 4 songs on it last night. The acoustics at Juanita K Hammons proved to be really awesome, everything was crystal clear. The fiancee loved the show. It truly does take seeing Joe live to really see what all of this is about.

Well earned Karma there Deezer wink You are such a patient fan. I'm so happy for you and your intended. smile   Cathy

Thanks Deezer for puttin' a bodacious big smile on my ol' sourpuss mug!  You da man!  Sounds like a great time again, glad honey chile "gets it"!  She sure does.  What a keeper.  Give her an extra smooch fer me buddy and let's hear more. 

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Thanks guys. It was a true blessing. I'm very grateful for last night. Joe gives a lot of himself, and for him to spend a good amount of time on a couple of geeks who like his music is very much appreciated.

Deezer wrote:

Thanks guys. It was a true blessing. I'm very grateful for last night. Joe gives a lot of himself, and for him to spend a good amount of time on a couple of geeks who like his music is very much appreciated.

That is an outstanding story Deezer, thank you for sharing.  Joe is the best!

Music is good for the Soul...

Deezer wrote:

There was a new 59 in the mix besides the usual suspects. This one had just been given to Joe right before the show. It's not his though, he's just being allowed to play it for the rest of the tour. Great flame design, and the pickup covers had been removed. Really cool guitar! I know Joe played like 4 songs on it last night.

http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showt … p?t=180605

viper007 wrote:
Deezer wrote:

There was a new 59 in the mix besides the usual suspects. This one had just been given to Joe right before the show. It's not his though, he's just being allowed to play it for the rest of the tour. Great flame design, and the pickup covers had been removed. Really cool guitar! I know Joe played like 4 songs on it last night.

http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showt … p?t=180605

Thank you SO much!! Those pics are amazing and a real insight. Loved the story too  wink   Cathy

Yo Deezer!!  congrats on the guitar and I love how you are putting some age on it and playing it!!  Thats my favourite part of seeing these things...  Pleasure to spend the time with you and your fiance in the backstage... Sorry I was tired and bit road weary after these things..   Your Friend..
Joe B

What a heartwarming story Deezer ♥  So happy for you and your fiance!  What fun!!!

p.l.j.

P.S.  Your feet haven't probably hit the ground yet!  Spectacular!!!!!!!  smile

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

Here I can't sleep in anticipation of tonight's show and this. Wow Deezer, and Joe! I hope I get a glimpse tonight maybe after the show. We'll hang out before and after but I decided to not request an audience this time. H and I have been blessed with way more than most and so someone else should get a chance. Can't wait to hear the tone of the new Burst. Thanks for the report Deezer, makes me warm and fuzzy again.
Sleepless in PLJ TOWN.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Joe Bonamassa wrote:

Yo Deezer!!  congrats on the guitar and I love how you are putting some age on it and playing it!!  Thats my favourite part of seeing these things...  Pleasure to spend the time with you and your fiance in the backstage... Sorry I was tired and bit road weary after these things..   Your Friend..
Joe B

No worries Joe. Thanks for everything. smile

I really must look in here more often. (facepalm smilie)

cathysiler wrote:

Well earned Karma there Deezer wink You are such a patient fan. I'm so happy for you and your intended. smile   Cathy

As so often, Cathy nails it! I remember that a while back you had to go years without a show, yet you never complained half as much as some of us (including me) do, who have become spoiled by our expectations.

What a wonderful, truly heart-warming and fuzzy all over story! Like others here, I'm totally delighted for the thrill you and your fiance had thanks to our Joe! Big high five! big_smile

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith