Topic: Bospop review.........

Hey all,

Just out of bed and talking about the great performance of Joe and band with Marianne[stayed over for the night]
A little review here.....
Meeting up with Marianne /Bas /Remy about 16.00 we saw Marc Ford/ Eric Sardines/Waterboys/Paul Rodgers before Joe and after Gary Moore and John Fogerty but the highlight of the night was ........Joe Bonamassa
We where right in front of the stage and saw them do the soundcheck which had to be quick because of the timetable....
And then the Maestro himself startes of with 'Bridge to Better Days''and the crowd went wild. Other songs on the setlist.....
So Many Roads.....High Water Everywhere[acoustic].....Woke up Dreaming[acoustic] ....Sloe Gin.... Awesome song..... let Michael listen in  by cellphone....... for me the highlight was Moutain Time during the solo's i felt leaving my body and dancing on air and really connected with Joe's guitar playing and my soul was free.......what an experience !!!!! I enjoyed Carmines playing a lot he is COOL...Rick is a fineplayer but was not heard in the audience probably something to do with the PA..... .Marianne made a great videotaping of Sloe Gin ..........
We met Andre after the show but did not see any sign of Joe or band members.....
Where were you......????Joe and the rest are you staying in Amsterdam for the whole week......interviews etc . for the new cd?? Any chance of meeting up somewhere for a coffee as we never seem to have a chance to have a chat or two .... see you at NSJ anyway......I am coming over to U.K for two shows and will travel with Michael and Micky two.... booked flights and ticket for Tavistock but now i found out  that the Mr Kyps/Poole has SOLD OUT.... lucky for you.. but what about me sad can you get me in on a guestlist or something or i will be lonely waiting in my Hotel for the return of my Bonamassafriends...

SOON .......... Annelies [at Marianne's p.c]

Re: Bospop review.........

We had a great time indeed.
Beside the great video of Sloe Gin (will put it on Youtube later today) I made a lot nice pictures.(also put it on a little later).
Nice to meet Andre after the show.Great guy,liked Joe a lot and also had a great time last night.
We couldn't find him before, because we stood right in front of the stage and didn't want to give up our spot.  wink big_smile

We really enjoyed all the great songs they guys played,but unfortunally we can't remember the whole setlist...
Like Annelies mentioned Carmine was great and Bogie as good as always. (Annelies loves to see him play).And Rick we couldn't really hear.

Annelies also had fun seeing a lot of Rory fans who where wearing a Rory shirt.

Unfortunatly we couldn't meet up with Joe and the band, because there was no way you could get to the artists.And we loved to meet them for a chat a some pictures taken together.:(
See you at NSJ ?!

Greetz Marianne

Hey Marianna and Annelies, thanks for the updates on Bospop.  The setlists sounds like another great show.  Being upfront is the way to see a show and don't blame you guys for not giving up your spot.  How was Gary and Eric.  Really would like to see Gary live but he never comes over to the states.  We have seen Eric a couple of times and always puts on a great show.  Enjoy the rest of shows!

Music is good for the Soul...

Thanks for the great review Marianne!  It's a shame that we won't see you at Mr Kyps in Poole but at least you will going to Tavistock so you'll still get your Joe fix.  If I hear of any 'spare' tickets available for Mr Kyps I will let you know.

Great Review!!

LynB wrote:

Thanks for the great review Marianne!  It's a shame that we won't see you at Mr Kyps in Poole but at least you will going to Tavistock so you'll still get your Joe fix.  If I hear of any 'spare' tickets available for Mr Kyps I will let you know.

First review written by Annelies. I [Annelies] am coming to U.K.... ..Lyn ..... we see you in Amsterdam
David,
Eric was loud as always.. but he's a showman....Gary Moore and John Fogerty great ....and the rain was coming down heavely during their concerts.

Annelies

Annelies - Ooops I am so sorry not to have given you the credit for the review, but it was a great report!  Thanks again.  (note to self: read all posts right to the end!)

Hi Ladies. Thanks for sharing. Annelies, I'm certain Joe would get you in the show if he's aware of your circumstances. Watching the Tour de France and being reminded of how beautiful Europe is!! Keep posting, we're greedy...Cathy

Got the pictures on the net, made a link in "Cool pictures"
Have Fun.

http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/post.php?fid=16

Hallo all you Bonadicts,

The Bospopfestival just was outstanding!! For me it was the first time there but I'm sure not the last.
As I said, just before I left great line-up and it was. What can I say? Enjoyed it very much and the music was top-notch.
My review of Joe's show: Read Marianne and Annelies' reports: couldn't do it better myself! Nice to meet you there, really great fans. We didn't speak to long, I was looking for my friends, was very thirsty and Rudi had the coins to get drinks. Cathysiler I didn't have to sleep in the car I was the driver and my friends all had to work the next morning. I was home at 4.00 clock in the morning but it was worth all.
It was right after the show and very hot in the tent. But in October we talk more.
But in a few words: New set, new members (not Bogie of course), a lot of new fans as a heard in the audience.
From all my 3 Bonamassa friends: this was one of the best shows. I saw Joe in february in Hannover but it was totally different in songs and in playing.
Sloe gin is a hammer, High water everywhere acoustic as an opener: brilliant!

Joe is also having more contact with the audience, more interaction ;  gives more chemistry during the show. The audience was blown away totally.

A short review of the other bands I saw:

Eris Sardinas:
Very load, to many solo's, I don't like his voice. Still good player. A guy next to me asked the name of a song and the answer was: guitarsolo 25. Says all.

Paul Rodgers:
Great voice as we all know, but it was just like the old Free. Very good, but il lacked some bite, power. What Sardinas had too much, Rodgers had too little.
Just my opinion!

Joe Bonamassa.
My reference for all the others.

Gary Moore:
Good performance, his voice is not so nice as Joe's a bit sing-song, monotonous. But top player. I have 4 CD's and  I like his rockmusic more than his blues. He played still got the blues note for note from the CD. No improvisatios at all. Pity.

John Mayall.
He really surprised me completely! Never saw him before and he was on my list. 73 years old and still like a young bluesgod on stage. He and his band enjoyed themselves totally.
It was a topshow of British blues. He had a good band a very good guitarman missed his name. His voice is still very good and strong. When I was 16 or so one of my first LP was John Mayaall and the bluesbrakers with Eric Clapton. And guess: he finished the show with the song All your love from that LP Instead of Clapton, Gary Moore played with John.
John invited Gary to play half the set with him and I liked him more than at his sologig.
All your love gave me the shivers, I almost had to cry!

John Fogerty.
First LP I bought was: On the bayou, like with John mayall 1967,68. Always loved CCR and specially Fogerty's voice: one of the best in music like Don Henley, Freddie Mercury.
He made a good show with 4 guitarplayers. Rocked and it was how dyou say: a festivity of recognation and I was 16/17 again!

Now I stop, hope I made you all clear what you have been missing!!

A very memoriable day. Now I go to bed with a big musicsmile on my face!!!!
Had a very short night last night. Sweet musicdreams for me!

Big kisses Andre Wittebroek.

hi Andre i do the cd`s for you right now .....
souds that it was a real short fan meeting at the Bospop.....lol.....ok thats live
People are people ...Geko

Ps : Marianne your link not work.....so no pictures and the video of sloe gin i can`t find too???
greetz G.

Hi Geko,

I put my pictures at "cool pictures"there is the links that does works.
The video of Slo Gin is too big to put it on the net , so it isn't there yet. I have no idea how I can make it smaller (it's 128MB now, and you tube only accepts video's up until 10 MB).

Hi Marianne only thing i know to send or share so big files is icq do you know this program?
its free availeble  http://icq.com/ than you can share
greetz Geko

Thanks Geko  I will try it out. I do have a brother who is into computers so I can try to ask him if he knows a way.

And it looks like Annelies doesn't have to travel alone to Engeland.
I'm gonna accompany her to Tavistock and Poole.
Our great Bonabuddy Michael could get me a ticket for Tavistock and Pool I have the same problem as Annelies. Hopefully somebody could get us in ( Please??????Let us in...)
Looking forward to this trip and see Joe and the guys play In England.
Never been to Engeland before.(what a shame).

Greetz