Topic: Virgil and the Accelerators

Took the liberty of starting named thread for the band. I thought there was one already but can only find the data tour thread. This video is from the Skegness Rock and Blues w/e and is the encore. The storm - Rage Against The Machine - Hendrix "Are You Experienced'. Thoroughly enjoyed this show, everything was spot on and well organised plus 2500 hammered fans! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkmYdsatVJ4 Sound is good but video flickers now and then due to the bass. Well worth watching.

Re: Virgil and the Accelerators

mbcl wrote:

Took the liberty of starting named thread for the band. I thought there was one already but can only find the data tour thread. This video is from the Skegness Rock and Blues w/e and is the encore. The storm - Rage Against The Machine - Hendrix "Are You Experienced'. Thoroughly enjoyed this show, everything was spot on and well organised plus 2500 hammered fans! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkmYdsatVJ4 Sound is good but video flickers now and then due to the bass. Well worth watching.

'Scuse me while I......................... pick myself up off the floor :cool:

Really wish I'd been there for that. Certainly not your average Hendrix cover - an inspired choice of song I reckon and Virgil takes it to another level. Wow!

Ian

Please be in no doubt that this is the REAL ME! Beware imposters........................

I see the same poster has also put up a video of "Fell To The Floor" (amongst others). One of my favourite tracks from The Radium  - great guitar solo with some very JB inspired licks. Looked like a fantastic gig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLtj2aYT … re=related

Ian

Please be in no doubt that this is the REAL ME! Beware imposters........................

4 (edited by viper007 2012-02-28 18:29:52)

Like this one, specially the guitar smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgMVdW6kNF0

5 (edited by BansheeUK 2012-03-05 08:03:51)

See the lads got Backstabber on the Blues Fury CD on this month's Classic Rock magazine; congrats on that, in among some very august company; Joe B, Philip Sayce, Danny Bryant, Popa Chubby et all.

Wouldn't mind seeing that CD's line-up in a large room with a couple of stages over a week-end. (Come on Classic Rock - pick up that challenge......) Speaking of which, Classic Rock also gave Virgil a couple of good lines in their Skegness review, though I think the reviewer must have blown the froth of a couple too many barmaids when he mentioned Fell To The Floor and Low Down & Dirty as new songs from upcoming 2nd album. Still, it's a good report.

Mike

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

WELL mike the second Album is pretty much written but it will not be recorded this year. We are working on recording a live DVD at a special venue later this year.
Just added a gig in amsterdam:

24th March The Cave RockClub Amsterdam.

mbcl wrote:

WELL mike the second Album is pretty much written but it will not be recorded this year. We are working on recording a live DVD at a special venue later this year.

The momentum the lads have picked up over the last year, I wouldn't expect them to let the grass grow under their feet. We'll have to see if there's any sneak previews of new material when you swing by Mainsforth.

Have a great time over in Holland

Mike

mbcl wrote:

Hey Martin that is a very small venue not far from the Paradiso and Melkweg. Wish I could be there as they will blast the roof off.

Kenny

Kenny I did warn them and we fully intend to blow the roof off wink

Listened to VATA while traveling the past couple of days ... kept me good company and I love Radium a bit more every time I listen.  There are several really fantastic standout songs on there.  Wish they were in the vicinity while I'm over the pond but sadly it's not to be.

Sandy

I know a place ....

Great album

I had the very good fortune to see Virgil and co at Scarborough Blues Club a couple of years ago supporting Oli Brown and Joanne Shaw Taylor. I particularly wanted to see Joanne but VATA did the opening setand then provided the backing for Joanne. Despite  their tender years, they obviously had a lot of ability and energy and I was very pleased I caught them.

I also picked up a copy of And So It Begins, a CD of half a dozen numbers including a great cover of Every Day I have the Blues. They have a great future.

olivefarmer wrote:

I had the very good fortune to see Virgil and co at Scarborough Blues Club a couple of years ago supporting Oli Brown and Joanne Shaw Taylor. I particularly wanted to see Joanne but VATA did the opening setand then provided the backing for Joanne. Despite  their tender years, they obviously had a lot of ability and energy and I was very pleased I caught them.

I also picked up a copy of And So It Begins, a CD of half a dozen numbers including a great cover of Every Day I have the Blues. They have a great future.

I'd recommend you get hold of a copy of The Radium, and soon; you won't believe how much the lads have come on over the last couple of years. The "spark" you heard on And So It Begins is now a roaring flame. Better yet, catch one of their shows and be prepared to pick your jaw off the floor.

Mike

BansheeUK wrote:
olivefarmer wrote:

I'd recommend you get hold of a copy of The Radium, and soon; you won't believe how much the lads have come on over the last couple of years. The "spark" you heard on And So It Begins is now a roaring flame. Better yet, catch one of their shows and be prepared to pick your jaw off the floor.

Mike

Got it. How could I not? The Radium is a big step forward for the band and they could be huge. Since I saw them in Scarborough, I've relocated to Greece so doubt I'll get to see them anytime soon.

As it happens, I havevjust had are request for an interview from a Greek radio station smile

olivefarmer wrote:

Got it. How could I not? The Radium is a big step forward for the band and they could be huge. Since I saw them in Scarborough, I've relocated to Greece so doubt I'll get to see them anytime soon.

As it happens, I havevjust had are request for an interview from a Greek radio station

I hope your Greek is up to it!

mbcl wrote:

How long before we get to enjoy them live over here in the states?

Why don't we eliminate all the warning labels and let things sort themselves out?

Great in depth interview with Virgil on Kansas City Radio Online here http://a1artistspotlight.com/2012/03/09 … he-radium/