Topic: July 4th, whats the haps!

What are all you fine folks doing on the 4th ( I know Michael, your yawning right now! ) I hate when it's in the middle of the week.

Around here, I got some options. On the 3rd, Blood Sweat and Tears are playing at the park. My brother is throwing a big party in his backyard, some local group are opening for ZZ Top, my brother got hooked up with his fiances friends. A long story short, I met the lead guitar players buddy, we hit it off good, said I could hang with him at the ZZ gig, but some talk the talk, well see. Oh yeah, my wife said no frickin way were leaving the house, what would you do?

Nuff my b.s. what about the rest of yall

Shred

P.S.......forgot to drop this on you, Robben Ford and Larry Carlton are here Aug. 2nd at "the Crest Theater", just a FANTASTIC! place to gig. Buying those tix as soon as I finish this ice cold heineken

Shred

Re: July 4th, whats the haps!

We're doing what we do every 4th...buy fireworks, then go out our friend's house in the outer burbs and blow stuff up!

Isn't that what the 4th all about?? LOL

I'm just saying.

my daughter's 5th bday july 2nd so its party on the 4th its pool and barbq with some jb and lance lopez crankin on the out side speakers.and fireworks at nite

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

We are going to the lake! Gonna get some ray's while listening to Joe on the ipod. Then the next day I will be in pain recovering from my annual sunburn, lol. Friday, Los Lonley Boys will be here (St. Louis) for one of the free Live on the Levee concerts under the base of the Arch and the banks of the Mississippi. Should be an awesome show and I hope to get there early to get some photos.

Have fun everyone and most of all, BE SAFE!

~Rhonda

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

photogal wrote:

We are going to the lake! Gonna get some ray's while listening to Joe on the ipod. Then the next day I will be in pain recovering from my annual sunburn, lol. Friday, Los Lonley Boys will be here (St. Louis) for one of the free Live on the Levee concerts under the base of the Arch and the banks of the Mississippi. Should be an awesome show and I hope to get there early to get some photos.

Have fun everyone and most of all, BE SAFE!

~Rhonda

Hi Rhonda, your going to like this. My sister called about 2 hours ago, she's in Tunica, Miss. The lonely Boys were gettin ready to go on. She said she just found out about this, it's only 45 min. from her house! Dont know if she is still going to St. Louis, they were going to drive. Guess well catch up with ya in Tulsa, oh yeah bring your killer camera!

Shred

P.S......Back to lurking (LOL)

gary wrote:

my daughter's 5th bday july 2nd so its party on the 4th its pool and barbq with some jb and lance lopez crankin on the out side speakers.and fireworks at nite

Now THAT'S a party!

Take care everyone. And if I don't meet you no more in this world
Then ill, I'll meet you in the next one and don't be late, don't be late

Just got put in my place, the wife says were staying here, going to do the block bar-b-que. Wife is worried bout the dog, it's his first 4th at the house, the last lab we had hurt himself bad. We went to a hill that over looks the Sac valley to see fire works, got home, the dog freaked out and tried to chew and claw his way through the garage. Poor guy was bleeding bad, had to take him to the emergency vet doctor. It is suppose to be 104 degrees on the 4th, the heineken will taste exceptional!

Shred

8 (edited by Barbara 2007-07-02 08:46:39)

Being a huge American Revolutionary War history buff, the Fourth of July to me, is all about celebrating our AWESOME founding fathers and appreciating all the courageous colonial men and boys who sacrificed their lives fighting for our freedom.  So, in between the family and a barbecue I will be watching the Revolution and hopefully the American Revolutionary War series, and will be thinking of all the Patriots of that war and especially its many many unsung heros!  Absolutely love this holiday.

Happy 4th. of July guys!!!  Have good times and be safe.........

Barbara

we are doing a bbq at my buddys house on the 4th and then again on the 7th . i will also be sitting on  a 4inch morta  and seeing how high i can get in the air . if that doesn't work i will double up on them so if your out there on the 4th and you see someone fly over your party it's not superman its just me and i will be in my joe bonamassa street team shirt so give a wave when i pass by .happy 4th everyone ....joe

Local fireworks are tonight on Crystal Lake. They float a barge out on the lake and set them off from the water. Usually pretty spectacular. Normally we're at the beach early to get choice spots, but my older daughter's recovering from some corrective ankle surgery and can't go. All her friends are going, so we're staying home and laying low.
Wednesday will be a huge BBQ at our place with neighbors and friends, lotsa food, lotsa beer, lotsa music!

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

First let me say I'm thinking about all the folks who are suffering from the very odd weather we are having. I feel guilty because it's July and my windows are opened! (Normally the humidity is so high the a/c cranks on and on). 2 weekends in a row. So I went to the river for an all night stay Sat. The full moon came up bright orange! It was amazing! Because of a thread here I decided to revisit some of the great tunes w/guitar soloes. Thanks for the reminders. I spent extra time w/SRV. What a unique and soulfull guy. Sure do miss him! There were fireworks along the river, which the dogs did not like!! I LOVE fireworks including the big bangs that shake your bones! But, since Albert Castiglia is going to be at Kclinger's in Pa on the 4th, I'm going to skip the big display in town. I have to see Albert. Hope everybody has a safe and happy fourth!!     Cathy

Summerfest tomorrow - they have a huge fireworks display on the 3rd.
On the 4th we are going to a friend's for BBQ and we always shoot his
cannon off over the river (boom can be heard for miles).
Happy holiday to all of you!
Jaci

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind.  Mick Jagger

13 (edited by Shredit 2007-07-06 01:57:05)

I'm going to make this as quick as i can.

Yesterday: scraped 1000 sq ft of pocorn ceiling, with the air conditioner off! ( 105 degrees in Sac town) almost got divorced, BBQ, fire works, dirty jokes, drank way to much alcohol, got to bed at midnite.

Today: got up at 5am with hangover, worked 11 hours ( 108 degrees, 122 in the postal truck, no air conditioning). Had softball game, played center field, not enough players ( 95 degrees at game time ) ran my **** off the entire game. Get home , NO cold beer!

I hate everybody right now!!!....... Good night!!! (LOL)

Nice talkin to ya......Shred

Shred,

That does sound like a good softball game though! Some of the best I have played were games where we did not have enough players or we were asking players from the team that just played to play an additional game!

Bring your glove to Tulsa man!  A little hot box before the show? lol

~Rhonda

By the way... I pitch, and play 2nd and shortstop..

"I don't think obsessions have reasons, that's why they're obsessions....National Geographic likes their pictures in focus..." Robert Kincaid

photogal wrote:

Shred,

That does sound like a good softball game though! Some of the best I have played were games where we did not have enough players or we were asking players from the team that just played to play an additional game!

Bring your glove to Tulsa man!  A little hot box before the show? lol

~Rhonda

By the way... I pitch, and play 2nd and shortstop..

Hi Rhonda, yep it was fun! We could have used you though. We have not won a game yet this year, were HORRIBLE!  But good times just the same. My entire body is sore today, I'm going to take a couple of days to recover, before I get back on the tredmill. I've not sprinted that much in quite awhile.

Didnt know you played, that is very cool, you got skills! Dont play coed, the men think there Paul Bunyun when they get a few women around, you know what I'm saying.

See ya in Tulsa with that Paul Rodgers fan! ( whats her name? )

Shred