Topic: Surprise performance in Winter Park June 30th

Don't know how many of you were at the Blues festival in Winter Park this weekend, but Joe made a surprise appearance and sat in with Walter Trout for a guitar tour de force that had the crowd on their feet and cheering both Walter and Joe on.  Near the end of this tune, Walter and Joe started trading licks, and the tension began to build, but there was only one winner in this guitar duel, and the was the audience - we were treated to some of the most ferocious guitar playing I've ever seen.  But it was not over yet-

Joe came out for a 30 minute acoustic set that was riveting, ending with Miss You Hate You and throwing his acoustic guitar out into the audience for a souvenier(sp?).  The place went banannas!

Best part for me though, was getting to hang out with Joe and Dave Pate, his guitar tech for most of the weekend.  We had some great discussions on the music biz, politics, world economy and guitar amps over a couple a meals and a few cold ones.  Joe is one first class act(no secret here).

DonR

Re: Surprise performance in Winter Park June 30th

WOW! That is one great surprise!! It's been sad without reviews so this is really a treat. Joe and Walter, that's a dream for me! It's been said before, but, Dave is an important member of the band for sure! He seems to love his job! What will it take to top this?!?! Thanks for sharing.             Cathy

Hey Don, that must have been something to see and hear.  Joe and Walter trading licks.  I like the way you put it, the audience won!  Did they play the song on Full Circle with Joe?

Music is good for the Soul...

Wow! That must have been incredible. I've been listening a lot to Full Circle and that guitar duel Walter and Joe do is amazing. How lucky you are to have seen it live.

I'm just saying.

No,

It was another tune, one I'm not familiar with-but it was mostly guitar, could have been any lyrics you wanted, but that's not what you remember from that kind of show.

DonR