Topic: Speaking of Instructional Material...great free lessons!

I recommend all guitar players check out guitaraxis.com .   The website is put out by legendary guitar educator, instructional video producer and master player Don Mock.  In the "learning center" he has a bunch of free lessons on blues playing, rock playing and spicing things up with jazz concepts.  The lessons are in audio, video and PDF format.  He also includes free Jam Trax.  If you dig it, I seriously recommend his video "The Blues from Rock to Jazz" and all of his books on target tones, turnarounds, scales, octaves and arpeggios.  But definately check out the free lessons.  They will improve your playing.

Re: Speaking of Instructional Material...great free lessons!

I was on that site and there are 3-4 very tiny free lessons. If you want the backing tracks or audio you have to get the membership against cash!

Thanks for the link :-(

Jimi75 wrote:

I was on that site and there are 3-4 very tiny free lessons. If you want the backing tracks or audio you have to get the membership against cash!

yepp sad ......have take a look too its a paysite
greetz Geko

Geko wrote:
Jimi75 wrote:

yepp sad ......have take a look too its a paysite
greetz Geko

thats not true.   At the learning center page there are 13 free lessons.  One of which is 19 minutes long, a great lesson on minor scales. The article on Pentatonics is helpful.  Lessons on "The Hendrix Chord" are great.  The ii-V-I licks and chart are a great resource.   All 22 backing tracks are completely free.  I taken every lesson and used the backing tracks and they are all FREE.  In case you missed the learning center, here is the direct link.  http://guitaraxis.com/LearningCenter.asp

hi jamey you are right ..now i have found it too ....the trick is that you have to register i hope its true for free ???.....we will see.....lol
thanks....Geko  ,)

Ps : i wonder a little that you are sill learnig ....i mean when i hear you play i thought you are a profi..
and i still do....smile

Geko wrote:

hi jamey you are right ..now i have found it too ....the trick is that you have to register i hope its true for free ???.....we will see.....lol
thanks....Geko  ,)

Ps : i wonder a little that you are sill learnig ....i mean when i hear you play i thought you are a profi..
and i still do....smile

Hey Geko,
oh, I guess you do have to register.  I must have done it a while ago and forgot.  it is totally free though.
thanks for the compliment.  I have been playing blues/rock guitar for a while, but I've been into jazz for the last few years and have been studying jazz at a conservatory.  I'm working on all jazz concepts like diminished, melodic minor, harmonic minor, more complex chord voicings.  That Don Mock site is a great resource for blues players looking to expand their harmoic vocabulary.