Topic: How to receive e-mails about Joe's upcoming shows

One of the most common questions I get is:
"I have been a member of newsletter/fan club/street team since Joe was 2. Why did I not receive an e-mail with information about Joe playing in the venue across the street from my house that I walk past every day." (obviously exaggerating a bit I'm on here at 11PM on no sleep, it happens)

Well there may be some reasons for that, these trouble shooting questions will make it a little easier:

-When's the last time you actually used the e-mail you signed up with?
-do you have multiple e-mail accounts?
-did you check all of those e-mail accounts?
-Have You checked your junk mail folder?
-did you sign up with a fake e-mail address?
-Maybe you unsubscribed and thought magically you were still on our e-mail list?

Going through this trouble shooting list will make it a little faster for you to get the desired result.

How do you properly sign up for the newsletter and receive e-mail notification of upcoming shows and other super wicked cool Bonamassa stuff?

Step 1: Go to www.jbonamassa.com
Step 2: look for the button that says subscribe or newsletter (we constantly update it to keep it fresh/hip/frustrating)
Step 3: fill in all your information Name, e-mail, country, state with the CORRECT information.
             If you live in different parts of the country please put the part that is most convenient for you to find out about shows.

The geographical information is not for us to spy on you. It is how we know that Joe is coming close to your city and we can let you know about it. In other words, if you don't tell us where you live then there is no way for me to know Joe is going to be playing near you.

Just set it and FORGET IT!
Hope this clears up some stuff.

Re: How to receive e-mails about Joe's upcoming shows

#1kyfan wrote:

Perhaps you can make this topic a sticky here and/or in the Streetteam section for future reference.

An excellent idea. Because you know Joe ain't gonna stop touring any time soon, and this will come up again...and again...and again...   big_smile

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

I followed your direction Alexis and signed up again.  Does it make sense to think if it didn't say,  "You are already a subscriber." that my subscription wasn't current?  I am just trying to figure it all out for future reference on how often we should be "re-signing up."    Is there something that "deactivates us" that we can watch for?  When you say :"Just set it and FORGET IT!" I am afraid to do that based on what you said in the first part.....maybe I am just worrying too much...I know I can be that way.  Greatly appreciate all your help and just trying to understand it better.

As always,
                                     pattyluvs cool

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

I liked that a lot Alexis. smile

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

wink

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Translation:

Could you people ease up a few notches?  Do you realize your war baby European brethren are observing your self-serving idiocy......

...and are at the very least bemused......

Reassembling Your Whollieness,
Even if starting from scratch...
Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

pattyluvsjoe wrote:

I followed your direction Alexis and signed up again.  Does it make sense to think if it didn't say,  "You are already a subscriber." that my subscription wasn't current?  I am just trying to figure it all out for future reference on how often we should be "re-signing up."    Is there something that "deactivates us" that we can watch for?  When you say :"Just set it and FORGET IT!" I am afraid to do that based on what you said in the first part.....maybe I am just worrying too much...I know I can be that way.  Greatly appreciate all your help and just trying to understand it better.

As always,
                                     pattyluvs cool

Patty, I don't think you'll ever be shut out.  You do worry too much... Don't!

Much Peaceful Patient Love,
Rocket

#1kyfan wrote:

Thank you for posting this topic Alexis, I know you've been slammed today, I just read in another topic the Streetteam increased by 1000 today. Perhaps you can make this topic a sticky here and/or in the Streetteam section for future reference.

Excellent idea in view of the panic attacks here. wink

RIP Iron Man

Rock On and keep the Faith

8 (edited by Rocket 2011-12-13 07:29:27)

I was going to log on and renounce my previous statements!

It is very obvious everyone is TRYING to get into the action!!!  That is exciting.  Very!

...but I won't renounc...,it's pander demonium (made up psychological disease), not so good!!!

Rocket

9 (edited by airportdon 2011-12-13 09:45:45)

If we can only stop the Scalpers from getting on board with this....these pre sale notices do help out for the Fans who want tcickets...

I doubt if the Scalpers are fans themselves......most don't even know who Joe is.

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Once you signed up  you are set. Unless you decide to unsubscribe we will not remove you from the e-mails.

Alex-JR wrote:

Once you signed up once you are set. Unless you decide to unsubscribe we will not remove you from the e-mails.

Thanks Alexis, that answers my question!  smile
                                   pattyluvs cool

"I'm not nice to any guitar!"      lol
                 Joe Bonamassa 05-03-12

JBLP CHILD #184

I have a question about how the geographical areas for show emails is set.  I received presale notices for Rhode Island, Connecticut and the two upstate New York shows but not for the Portland, Maine show.  Portland, ME is closer to me than the Connecticut and New York shows.  Are there mileage parameters or how is it done?  I for one would like to see the "mileage" parameter if there is one set higher.  I have driven as far as Baltimore (from Boston) for a show and there are plenty of folks here who would drive a very long way for a show if there wasn't one in their local area.

And Alexis - get some sleep.  You guys did a great job with this presale - thank you.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

I don't want to see Joe in my local area, i wanna see Joe where Joe goes = translation ..... is there anyway Alexis i, (we  wink ), all signed up street teamers can get these codes and tickets if we want to do a pre planned Roadtrip.

thats why a allocation of say 50 tickets in each town/city would cover those street teamer in that area and any who would be there or willing to travel to.

great efforts by the way to combat scalp sites and brokers,

............... Michael

ps ..... Dion i really wanted to quote your one   cool

Joe Bonamassa .......  His Greatest 3 Videos ... IMMHO   After Much Deliberation
3rd ...... Mountain Time / Rockpalast       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01xa6NMsJo
2nd ...... Sloe Gin       /  Vienna            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRASS8O8ZnE           
1st ....... Blues Deluxe / The Borderline    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl3E_KLxYg

Great idea Micheal, The more ways  we think of to stop these scalpers the better.

Safecrackers will always find a way to break into the new improved safe, cat burglars will always find a way to breach the latest home security system, and the scalpers will always find a way around ticket sales security measures. As I mentioned in another topic, Joe is no longer Bona-Who? I'm happy for him and just as woeful as the rest of you over the pains of getting our hands on the best seats that was so easy to do a couple of tours ago.

The Sky's The Limit,

J Dawg

What is success? Is it do yo' own thang, or is it to join the rest?   -Allen Toussaint

Might just have to float some money off of one of my  "Ace in the Hole"  player/dealer dawgs and out maneuver the current  rip-off circus.  I'll scalp 'em my way.

Sing it!  "Iii scaaaalped em myyyyyyyyyy waaaaaaay.  Coffee is a hell of a drug.

MuchBull
BJJ

Rock On & Keep the FAITH
             It is
Blues From the Bottoms

Talking about scalpers, on a hunch I looked up tickets for the May 10, 2012 show in Nashville and as of 4:00 yesterday there were many seats in the front row or front orchestra section but when I looked again last night there might have been fifteen seats left in the entire section. We attended Savannah and Atlanta and tickets did not go this fast so I'm thinking somethings up.

newbonafan wrote:

Talking about scalpers, on a hunch I looked up tickets for the May 10, 2012 show in Nashville and as of 4:00 yesterday there were many seats in the front row or front orchestra section but when I looked again last night there might have been fifteen seats left in the entire section. We attended Savannah and Atlanta and tickets did not go this fast so I'm thinking somethings up.

Most likely people bought tickets as christmas presents.