1 (edited by cathysiler 2007-06-20 17:47:31)

Topic: Brownies

This is for Europe. I didn't do all the convertions but I tried..Brownies are a cross between fudge and cake. There is an infinite list of varieties, but the basic is chocolate. There are many boxed brands in the US. Here is a recipe, again in run-on sentance style: 300ml flour, 7.5ml baking powder, 7.5ml salt, 4 eggs, 400ml sugar 175ml salad oil, 4 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled 10ml vanilla extract (200ml cup crushed nuts optional) (no wise cracks!). Pre-heat oven to 350o F( 260?C).  Mix flour, baking powder and salt together, set aside. Beat eggs by hand, add sugar in 3 portions, beating well after each addition. Stir in oil, chocolate, and vanilla. Mix well by hand. Add flour mixture all at once and beat well. (Stir in nuts). Pour batter into greased 7x11inch shallow baking dish and spread evenly. Bake 20-30 minutes. You want them moist so don't overbake. Look for center to be done. These are addicting....Cathy             ps..we used to "lace" them for parties/concerts..  (1inch=2.5cm)

Re: Brownies

lol she said crushed nutsssssssssssssssss bevis and butt head

cathysiler wrote:

This is for Europe. I didn't do all the convertions but I tried..Brownies are a cross between fudge and cake. There is an infinite list of varieties, but the basic is chocolate. There are many boxed brands in the US. Here is a recipe, again in run-on sentance style: 300ml flour, 7.5ml baking powder, 7.5ml salt, 4 eggs, 400ml sugar 175ml salad oil, 4 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled 10ml vanilla extract (200ml cup crushed nuts optional) (no wise cracks!). Pre-heat oven to 350o F( 260?C).  Mix flour, baking powder and salt together, set aside. Beat eggs by hand, add sugar in 3 portions, beating well after each addition. Stir in oil, chocolate, and vanilla. Mix well by hand. Add flour mixture all at once and beat well. (Stir in nuts). Pour batter into greased 7x11inch shallow baking dish and spread evenly. Bake 20-30 minutes. You want them moist so don't overbake. Look for center to be done. These are addicting....Cathy             ps..we used to "lace" them for parties/concerts..  (1inch=2.5cm)

Re: Brownies

Cathy,
Where's the hash?